PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Orleans/Blue Bayou and Monte Cristo Cheese & Fastpass

kimi911
12-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Hello,

For some reason, I've always ignored Cafe Orleans, when at Disneyland. Is it any good? Is the Monte Cristo sandwich there only at dinner? I ask because on the Blue Bayou page at DL website it says the Monte Cristo is a lunch exclusive? Does that mean Orleans only has it at night?

I like that Cafe Orleans has a 3 cheese version of the Monte Cristo, since I'm vegetarian. Do you think Blue Bayou would have the 3 cheese upon request too, or would I just have to get it with the 1 cheese that comes on their version with no meat?

How far ahead is the Blue Bayou normally booked at Priority Seating number? Could a weekday not be so bad? Finally, Cafe Orleans, do they take reservations on priority seating too?

Finally, DLR hasn't changed the unspoken policy of allowing any fast passes as long as the return time has opened up even if it is several hours late, correct?

Thank you.

Gone2Disneyland
12-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Just wanted to share this story I have about the Café Orleans, the Three Cheese Monte Cristo, and a friend who has a meat allergy.

My AP friends and I go there often, usually once a month after work on a Friday night (after calling in for PS). When they introduced the Three Cheese Monte Cristo, we told another AP friend. However she is allergic to meat, believe it or not, and has to be very careful not to eat anything that may have been prepared where meat products have been in contact, like the deep fryers in which the MCs are cooked.

Well, after asking questions about it on a previous trip, we brought her along on a recent visit to the CO and asked our waiter if they could cook a Three Cheese MC in oil that has not had any meat products cooked in it. After he checked with the kitchen, he said it would take some time to heat up the new oil, but they'll have to empty the flyer and pour in fresh new oil for her. They did, we waited and not only did she get to taste a Disneyland Three Cheese MC for her first time, they also cooked our Pommes Frites in it too so she could have them as well. She loved them both! It was dinner time, just before closing, so I'm not sure if that may have worked to our advantage. But just sharing for any of you who have friends will a similar meat allergy.

Gone2Disneyland
12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Finally, DLR hasn't changed the unspoken policy of allowing any fast passes as long as the return time has opened up even if it is several hours late, correct?
As far as I know, this is still true.

kimi911
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
That is an excellent story. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad she got to enjoy those treats! :)