PDA

View Full Version : December 27th!

JDBlair
12-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone! I'm back. :-)
My family and I are going to S. CA for Christmas. My parents called over the weekend and asked if we'd like a trip to DL as our Chritmas present. (I think they thought DH would say no because we just spent a week there in March!) So, we're going to DL!! We've reserved a room at Embassy Suites South for Wednesday, December 27th. I hope I picked a good day to go to DL - Wednesday.

Malcon10t
12-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi everyone! I'm back. :-)
My family and I are going to S. CA for Christmas. My parents called over the weekend and asked if we'd like a trip to DL as our Chritmas present. (I think they thought DH would say no because we just spent a week there in March!) So, we're going to DL!! We've reserved a room at Embassy Suites South for Wednesday, December 27th. I hope I picked a good day to go to DL - Wednesday.
It will be great! Packed, but great. Get there early. Turnstiles usually close at noon during that week.

JDBlair
12-04-2006, 06:09 PM
It will be great! Packed, but great. Get there early. Turnstiles usually close at noon during that week.

I'm worried about the "packed" part. DH doesn't like crowds too much! Thanks for the tip on getting there early. We'll be coming in from Temecula so it may very well mean a very early AM, even if it means we sit/nap in the parking lot at DL until it opens! We only have 1 day in the park so it would be extemely disappointing to get there and not be able to get in! :(

Malcon10t
12-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm worried about the "packed" part. DH doesn't like crowds too much! Thanks for the tip on getting there early. We'll be coming in from Temecula so it may very well mean a very early AM, even if it means we sit/nap in the parking lot at DL until it opens! We only have 1 day in the park so it would be extemely disappointing to get there and not be able to get in! :(DCA won't get closed. DL usually gets a turnstile closing sometime between 11 and 1pm, and usually it reopens after the first parade. So, if you get caught out, head to DCA for a bit, then back to DL about 4.

rentayenta
12-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Is it possible for you to drive down the 26th and stay that night too? I agree that it will be packed, capacity packed, but magical too. Just get there early, eat at non-peak times, and take it all in stride. Have fun! :)

GrumpyUTboi
12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Yep it will be real magical, waiting in line for 2-2 1/2 hours, wall to wall people pushing and shoving, if you have young kids keep a tight grip on them. If you have a stroller that will be magical as well, people cutting in front of you then stopping so you run into the backs of their legs, then they scowl at you. It is so magical that I think for the rest of my life I will just skip that time of year and let everyone else enjoy the magic of 80k worth of people. DCA will be packed but not as packed, but the magic there won't be as strong. Oh yea, last year they closed the gates by 10 am.

If DH hates crowds then he is REALLY going to hate this experience. I know I felt tons of magic last year. WHew you are brave and strong! Have fun at least you will be at DL.

Bytebear
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Just get fastpasses for the big ticket attractions, and go with the flow. Have fun no matter how busy it is. If you aren't into DCA, don't bother going over there, it just wastes time.

bassett1976
12-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I hope I picked a good day to go to DL - Wednesday.

As everyone has stated, it will be VERY Busy!

Many of the people who are in town for the Rose Parade or the Rose Bowl will be visiting. You might even catch one of the teams visiting that day. My wife and I visited a few years ago about the same time while it was raining. I thought the rain would drive people away. I was WRONG. Come prepared with a lot of patience!

kimi911
12-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Make sure you know how to use Fast Passes, and you should have a good time. There are always lots of people at Disneyland, so the only difference to me is line wait mostly, and that I deal with by using fast pass.