PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl

woody9six
12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
I know it may be a bit premature, but can anyone tell me when the Trojans and Wolverines might be visiting the park this year? Thanks in advance.

And Fight On!

Malcon10t
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I know it may be a bit premature, but can anyone tell me when the Trojans and Wolverines might be visiting the park this year? Thanks in advance.

And Fight On!
The Wolverines are selling a package that includes disney tix for 12/30. They will be in town 12/29-1/2. They can stay longer, just have to add to their packages. Most bands in the parade will be visiting the parkduring this time too.

woody9six
12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Safe to assume then that the teams will be visiting on the 30th?

Malcon10t
12-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Safe to assume then that the teams will be visiting on the 30th?
I don't remember in past years the teams actually visiting per se. They are usually doing 2 or 3 a days prepping for the games. Cheerleaders and bands, yes... Onlookers, yes... Football players, not so much. We stayed one year at the Hilton on the same floor they used to house one of the teams I don't think they did much besides go to practice, come back from practice, eat and play more football in the halls... It was a noisy visit, but my kids loved it. (It was a coincidence we stayed there.)

JDBlair
12-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I think it was 2000 when we had 3 day tickets to DL and weren't aware that on day 3, the Rose Bowl crowd would be hitting the park. I can't remember what day it actually was but it was insane. We get on to Main St and one of the marching bands was performing. People all through the park were wearing their school colors. There were cheerleaders and band members and family members. It was crazy. It was so hard to get around the park. I believe it was also a day they were full to capacity as some people were complaining people in their party couldn't get in. I'd prefer to avoid another day like that one!!

Malcon10t
12-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I'd prefer to avoid another day like that one!!
Don't be there Dec 30th, 2006.

woody9six
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
The teams have visited each of the past two years. I know there was a ceremony last year with both teams and Mickey inside DL. I also remember two years ago when we were at DD there were Longhorns and Wolverine players milling around and signing autographs. And after a bit of research I found this... <i>"Since 1959, the DISNEYLAND Resort has been partnering with the Tournament
of Roses to host pre-game visits of the Rose Bowl teams, and we consider this
tradition a great privilege," said Cynthia Harriss, president, DISNEYLAND Resort.</i>