PDA

View Full Version : Places I Could Watch Lakers Beat Up Sac?

SoCalDisneyLover
05-23-2002, 07:15 AM
OK...hopefully someone can help me out. I had thought of going to the park on Friday night, but want to watch the Lakers game. I know about ESPN Zone, but they have this outrageous $25 + Tax & Tip Minimum if you want to watch the games there, and although I would spend money if I went there...I don't like the idea of being gouged in that manner.

Are there any other Wide-Screen TV's in the Resort area, including Hotels? Are there any places I could catch the game on even a regular TV. I'd like to watch the game at 6, and then catch the monorail back to DL for a couple hours. I believe they close later this Friday night. Thanks. :-) David

80S ERA
05-23-2002, 07:22 AM
The Lost Bar next to Croc's Bits and Bites at the Disneyland Hotel. They have one big screen TV along with a few smaller ones mounted on the ceiling. They serve the typical Disneyland burgers and fries along with some good blended drinks. Not too many guests are aware of this spot.....Ooops! Keep it a secret!

I usually catch a glimse of my sporting events there. ESPN Zone is usually too crowded, expensive, and getto (gansters) at most sporting events.

ae's mom
05-23-2002, 07:52 AM
You mean Sac beak up the Lakers (hee hee).....okay, okay , I just had to get my little jab in there. I am a total Kings fan and am looking forward to a great series!! Please no harsh remarks....I enjoy the game and don't like trash talk.:)

80S ERA
05-23-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by ae's mom
I enjoy the game and don't like trash talk.:)

Yup. Sac fans don't trash talk. They only ring cow bells and poison peoples food. ;)

Go Lakers!

ae's mom
05-23-2002, 08:16 AM
Ooops, I meant "beat" up the Lakers, not "beak" up the Lakers. However, out here in cowtown we probably could find a few chickens and send them out after the Lakers.:D

MammaSilva
05-23-2002, 08:39 AM
Hey we got the 'record' for the loudest arena :) ....top that you wimpy Laker fans :)

SoCalDisneyLover
05-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Hey...it gets plenty loud at Staples Center. Sometimes it gets so noisy that you can't talk on your cell phone during the game. :-)

ae's mom
05-23-2002, 09:08 AM
LOL ..... I love it!!! :cool:
Hey, how did that Jack Nicholson smilie get on my post!!

80S ERA
05-23-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
Hey we got the 'record' for the loudest arena :) ....top that you wimpy Laker fans :)

1 win is hardly anything to cheer about over here considering we have 8 NBA titles. Our level of expectation is much higher.:cool:

Its all good!

MammaSilva
05-23-2002, 10:41 AM
and in all honesty will probably have 9 before it is over, but when you live in the Sacto area just getting to the finals is HUGE HUGE HUGE....I don't think you can find a scrap of purple anything anywhere right now :)

cstephens
05-23-2002, 11:29 AM
The side bar at the Grand Californian has a TV, though it's not a big screen TV. There's a big screen TV in the lounge of the Paradise Pier Hotel.

MickeyD
05-23-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
Hey...it gets plenty loud at Staples Center. Sometimes it gets so noisy that you can't talk on your cell phone during the game. :-)

Oh man, I hate it when you people make me laugh out loud at work. It always tips my boss off that I'm not working. ;)

I'm not much of a basketball fan, but I will say this: Go Kings!

80S ERA
05-23-2002, 12:08 PM
and in all honesty will probably have 9 before it is over, but when you live in the Sacto area just getting to the finals is HUGE HUGE HUGE....I don't think you can find a scrap of purple anything anywhere right now :)
I could imagine if there was a person found with purple and gold over in Sac Town, there would probaly be a mob chasing the person....:eek:

MammaSilva
05-23-2002, 01:26 PM
ummm actually the KINGS predominate color is PURPLE....the Lakers just realized it was a cool color for an accent... but yeah running around in Gold wouldn't be healthy in the Capitol city right now LOL

cameraman
05-23-2002, 02:04 PM
coffee house bar at PPH

Ghoulish Delight
06-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Hey we got the 'record' for the loudest arena :) ....top that you wimpy Laker fans :) That's because you've got the record for the most jerks intent on ruining the game :p :p

Originally posted by 80S ERA
The Lost Bar next to Croc's Bits and Bites at the Disneyland Hotel. They have one big screen TV along with a few smaller ones mounted on the ceiling. They serve the typical Disneyland burgers and fries along with some good blended drinks. Not too many guests are aware of this spot.....Ooops! Keep it a secret!

Too late, your secret's out!! That sounds like a good idea. You going to be there Sunday? I'm thinking of heading there myself to take in the game (I'll be the one hudled in a ball giving myself an ulcer every time Derek Fisher makes a stupid lazy pass!).

Sophie832
06-01-2002, 09:15 PM
Gauchograd99 and I are going to D-land tomorrow, so maybe we'll see some of you watching the Lakers...I don't think I could stand to miss it!