PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel - upgrade info

Rteneyck
12-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi everyone. We are currently staying at the PP on Dec 5-9 and I was wondering if anyone has ever asked for an upgrade upon arrival. I would like to upgrade to theme park view only - not concierge. If so, did they charge a nominal amount and what was the amount. We booked this thru getaway today. any info would be great. Thanks,

tinker3
12-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Yes! We stayed at PP in early Nov. and also used getawaytoday. We just asked at check in and they were very nice about it. I think they will do it if they have it, if view rooms are booked or close to booked they can't. We LOVED the view, it was fun to see at night and in the morning.

Rteneyck
12-01-2006, 09:37 AM
That is great to hear! I will do that upon check-in. I have never stayed at this property before so it would be nice to have a view. Thanks :)

tinker3
12-01-2006, 01:46 PM
No Problem! We really liked the Paradise Pier, the rooms are pretty spacious compared to most, and it was nice to have a mini fridge. If you get tired of DL food we really liked the PCH grill. Just a FYI when we called reservations they said they were booked till 7:30 p.m., then we walked down there and they had no waiting, got right in and the food was very good.

Rteneyck
12-01-2006, 02:57 PM
oooh the mini fridge sounds good. At the GCH we had to request one. We definatetly put it use. Did you happento go to the Yamabuki restaurant? I am curious to how the food is there.

jeffthechef
12-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Yamabuki is very good, but way overpriced. We walked away still hungry. I must say, however, it is some of the best Japanese food I have had anywhere. Also, it is pretty fancy for a resort restaurant.

Goosegirl
12-01-2006, 03:24 PM
In July, we asked for an upgrade to theme park view at the PP and were given it at no charge. In fact, when we checked in, we were told that they had already upgraded us before we asked. It was very nice!

rosie
12-01-2006, 03:38 PM
We'll be there too! PPH Dec. 4-9th....If you spot a 44 yr old woman with a Tinkerbell backpack...that'll be me. Say Hi!

Califgirl
12-01-2006, 05:44 PM
oooh the mini fridge sounds good. At the GCH we had to request one. We definatetly put it use.

The GCH hotel now has the mini fridge too. They used to have the mini bar ( the kind where if you moved the item, you were charged) but their contract with that vendor is over and now all the rooms have mini fridges. :)

Niele
12-01-2006, 09:05 PM
The GCH hotel now has the mini fridge too. They used to have the mini bar ( the kind where if you moved the item, you were charged) but their contract with that vendor is over and now all the rooms have mini fridges. :)

So the fridges in the room are not stocked? We'll be there with grandkids and have requested an extra fridge just for that reason. I did not want to have the little ones grabbing everything out of the fridge and playing with it.:D