PDA

View Full Version : How to get Disney Money

Mingles
11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
We are doing to disneyland in Jan with some family. We would like to give a couple that is going with us some disney money to have, being it if their first time to disneyland. I know how to get the gift card but how do you get the neat disney money? I need it before christmas.

Thanks!

Dexter
11-29-2006, 11:18 AM
You should be able to purchase Disney Dollars from your local Disney Store.

Malcon10t
11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Since my search did not show any Disney Stores near your location (from your profile) I would try calling DIsney Delivears and see if they can help you.

Mingles
11-30-2006, 06:00 AM
Thank you all for your help. No disney store in Utah so I will make some phone calls and see what I can do. I really apreciate your help.

jdromeo21
12-01-2006, 03:56 PM
The only place that exchanges Disney dollars is Disneyland City Hall. That's the ONLY place...

Although you can see if AAA still can exchange.

If not, I work there, maybe I can get them for you and then send them to you...

Malcon10t
12-01-2006, 04:22 PM
The only place that exchanges Disney dollars is Disneyland City Hall. That's the ONLY place...

Although you can see if AAA still can exchange.

If not, I work there, maybe I can get them for you and then send them to you...Actually, this is incorrect. You can purchase Disney Dollars at the local Disney Stores (I do it all the time. They do limit you. My store limits you to $200 per day.)

You CANNOT get Disney Dollars at Disneyland's City Hall. You need to go to the Bank in Disneyland to do it.

Bytebear
12-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey, quick shout out to Lehi. My mom lives there. Go Footloose!

If all else fails, I can always mail some $$ to her and you can exchange in person. I will also be there for Christmas, but that will probably be too late.

PrincessE&B
12-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Actually, this is incorrect. You can purchase Disney Dollars at the local Disney Stores (I do it all the time. They do limit you. My store limits you to $200 per day.)

You CANNOT get Disney Dollars at Disneyland's City Hall. You need to go to the Bank in Disneyland to do it.

I bought Some Disney Dollars at City Hall just last Jan. Maybe they changed it.
Best of luck.

emmah
12-01-2006, 08:12 PM
I bought Some Disney Dollars at City Hall just last Jan. Maybe they changed it.
Best of luck.

so did I! i remember it very clearly... maybe they have now changed the policy.

MammaSilva
12-01-2006, 09:05 PM
when I bought Disney dollars at city hall we were limited to 50 dollars, but we were welcome to go to the bank or the emporium to buy more.

wingsong
12-01-2006, 10:26 PM
In August we bought a few Disney dollars from the big gift shop that's right near the entrance when you go into California Adventure (sorry can't remember its name). No bank, no Disneyland City Hall.

disney jones
12-02-2006, 03:05 PM
you can get Disney Dollars at the Emporium, Star Trader (the big Tomorowland Store), and Greetings from California in DCA, for sure.

there may be one or two others such as Pioneer Mercantile.

I didn't know about City Hall ....

Leap for Joy
12-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Thank you all for your help. No disney store in Utah so I will make some phone calls and see what I can do. I really apreciate your help.
Let us know if you're successful in getting some shipped to you. I'm curious about it!

Mingles
12-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I have emailed two of the above indvi. to see if we could work out something where we could get some disney money. Anyone else have ideas that would be great. I have also called disneyland and confirmed what you have said but they will not sell to me over the phone. Any other ideas let me know.
Thanks!!!!

darph nader
12-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Become CEO,pay the cms as little as possible,kick-back and let the $$$$ roll in.:~D
OH,I'm sorry. This thread's about Disney Dollars.:eek:

CardQB
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
We bought a couple Disney Dollars at city hall for the kids this past weekend. They might have just been in the cash drawer from a previous guest purchase... but the person at the counter just said "yes" when I asked if I could purchase Disney Dollars there, before I gave him the money.

Katran
12-06-2006, 07:53 AM
I seem to remember 2 or 3 years ago trying to buy Disney Dollars at City Hall and being sent to the bank, so perhaps it used to be that you couldn't get them at City Hall and it has since been changed.

Malcon10t
12-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I seem to remember 2 or 3 years ago trying to buy Disney Dollars at City Hall and being sent to the bank, so perhaps it used to be that you couldn't get them at City Hall and it has since been changed.I have been turned away from City Hall and sent to the bank, but I think from what I am reading is that if you are just changing a few dollars cash to dollars, they can do it. When I do it, I use a credit/debit card (instead of using an ATM). I have done it in the Emporium also using a credit card.