PDA

View Full Version : Is Maynard still around?

sbk
11-28-2006, 09:29 PM
After another trip to Disneyland this weekend, I realized that I haven't seen Maynard around for quite a while. Is he still at Disneyland, and have I just been missing him on all my recent trips (past year or so), or has he possibly left Disneyland? :crying:
If anyone knows I'd love to know.

PAPACITO
11-29-2006, 06:48 AM
He is still around. I saw him on Main Street and he sang for my daughter and wifewho loved him.

stan4d_steph
11-29-2006, 08:37 AM
He's still around. He works at the Opera House or does guest control. We saw him after Fantasmic earlier this month.

He has a website, www.maynardland.com, that you might want to check out.

Here's another recent thread with sightings (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=62314&highlight=maynard).

TENORDRUMMER
11-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I saw Maynard the other night as a guest control cast member in front of the Opera HOuse on Main Street.

futurecm21
12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Having had no personal contact with him, and having difficulty finding other threads regarding him, I would like to know what makes Maynerd famous, what are his outstanding qualities, and why is he the best? I want to make it clear that I am in no way attempting to downgrade his status, or insult him personally , I just want to find out more about him. I appreciate your information.
futurecm21

CardQB
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
My family and I were fortunate enough to run into Maynard on Sunday night at the end of Main Street. He was working crowd control and was keeping people from entering the wrong way on the one-way traffic sidewalk near the shops during the candlelight ceremony.

He was very courteous, compared to many other cast members we have run into, which is what got my attention. After a second glance I realized it was Maynard and quickly shook his hand and told him it was a pleasure meeting him and referenced how I have seen his website.

He quickly changed expression and voice and began a quick performance for my wife and children. They loved it. A few times he had to break from character to a normal cast member and inform park guests about the one-way traffic as they began to go the wrong way, but then quickly got back into character. HE WAS AMAZING!!

He has to be the best cast member in Disneyland and truly brings out that old Disney magic.

Drince88
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Having had no personal contact with him, and having difficulty finding other threads regarding him, I would like to know what makes Maynerd famous, what are his outstanding qualities, and why is he the best? I want to make it clear that I am in no way attempting to downgrade his status, or insult him personally , I just want to find out more about him. I appreciate your information.
futurecm21
I merged this with another very recent thread on the topic. You might want to look at the third post in this thread for additional information.

(And searching on his name, "Maynard" provides a lot of hits.)

ghoofie
12-08-2006, 12:00 PM
You'll mostly only find him weekends only these days. I'm not sure if he's gonna work more hours closer to holiday vacation times. I'll let you know.
:)

GrumpyUTboi
12-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Futurecm21,

What a question? How does one explain Maynard? That is tryin to explain how come sugar tastes so sweet. Let me try to explain by an example.

It was a busy night Oct 28 of this year and there were people that were getting their pics taken with him, each person that he had their pic taken with him, he would sing a son, do a dance, do funny voices and make everyone laugh. EWach song he would sing or every signature he gave out, he completly gave his undivided attention to that person.

For our family he sang a couple of songs and spent more than a few minutes making my 6 and 5 year olds laugh. He told stories and he got my little ones to make different sounds for the story, and he left our family wanting more.

My kids were busting at the seams laughing so hard and then he made an stage right exit. My kids told us that they can't wait to see him again and to hear his stories, little do they know that next Fri-Mon we are heading to DL for my DD 6th birthday. This time I will be armed with our video camera.

Maynard is an attraction in of himself and I would like to think that Walt would be pleased with this CM. Never rude, always funny and a wonderful man. This is the best way that I can explain Maynard.

Google Maynard along with Disneyland and you will see a lot of web pages explaining who Maynard is with pics and videos.

ghoofie
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
>Maynard is an attraction in of himself and I would like to think that Walt
>would be pleased with this CM.

Maynard is not an attraction. He just attracts.

tod
12-10-2006, 05:31 PM
I saw him working crowd control by the Photo Shop after the Sunday Candlelight Procession. He's still around.

--t

Another Dimension
12-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Maynard last night on Main St... :)

http://tinyurl.com/y7rk9o