PDA

View Full Version : Parade in DL

PineapplePrincess
05-22-2002, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know how they pick the guests that are in the parade in DL? Is it just blind luck or is there someway I could increase my chances?
Has anyone been one of the 40 guests?

EandCDad
05-22-2002, 07:27 PM
I did it once. Under protest.

We met the "party bus" (the double decker bus) at the Flag area across from the Main Street train station (ask a CM what time they start). When you see the bus show up, just run up and ask if you can do it. Might help if you have kids with you, although I'm not sure what criteria they use. It was the birthday of a member of our group, so we snagged 4 slots. Why I got one I'll never quite figure out. I keep thinking I got screwed somehow.

One other tip: No matter how cold it is, take your jacket or sweater off before you start. You'll warm up, believe me.

PineapplePrincess
05-23-2002, 10:21 AM
About what time does the bus show up?

Am I the only one who wants to be in the parade?

Come on...someone else admit that it looks like it could be fun!:p

Not Afraid
05-23-2002, 10:27 AM
I've done it twice. I'd do it again. I enjoy making a fool of myself in public (iI think that's been obvious and documented)

The bus shows up up about 1/2 hour ot 45 mins before the parade starts. It travels either from Town Square to Small World or the opposite direction depending on where the parade starts. First parade of the day goes from SW to TS. The bus pulls out of the gate to the right of City Hall and starts picking up people there.

The first time we did it we were just a bunch of geeky adults (6) with party hats on. The second time, I was one of the evil people draging EandCdad along under protest (we were only two geeky adults and two adorable children then).

Good luck!

RStar
05-23-2002, 12:47 PM
They are looking for smiling, fun loving energetic people who are out spoken. Yell, dance, and generally make a fool of yourself in public when the bus pulls up, then tell them you would love to do it and that should increase your chances.

Then have fun!:D

The Photographer
05-23-2002, 11:18 PM
My friend and I were in the parade last year. We were completely exhausted, ready to go home and then I saw the bus. I'm like Hey! Let's be in the parade. I walked up and asked if we could do that and if I could dance with a guy I know who was in it. Turned out he was in a different costume, but they put us in the group to dance with individual characters. We got to wear capes too. It was a blast. Just wish it was on video so my family could enjoy my Queen Elizabeth waves.

HAVE FUN!!!