PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?

oohykitten
05-22-2002, 01:42 PM
That at Mickey's house there is more than one mouse? That there is more thanone "set"? Much like at Country Bears that had two theaters. If so how many Mice are there at any given time?

MammaSilva
05-22-2002, 02:03 PM
well I am not an insider so I can't say how many "mickeys" are on at one time but I do know that I have pictures fromdifferent 'sets' there is director Mickey, steam boat Willie Mickey, Socerer Mickey from Fantasia and then there is one with Mickey in his Tux....and last summer we went in the morning and saw Steam Boat Willie Mickey but later that day saw the Fantasia Mickey....

EandCDad
05-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by oohykitten
That at Mickey's house there is more than one mouse? That there is more thanone "set"? Much like at Country Bears that had two theaters. If so how many Mice are there at any given time?

I think Mickey actually posts here sometimes (at least one of em does), but I also heard that. On busy days I think they have several rooms and can handle more than one set of Mickey pictures at a time.

justagrrl
05-22-2002, 02:20 PM
Just so long as 2 Mickey's don't ever cross paths - like some sort of parallel worlds colliding - who knows what could happen!!! :eek:

MonorailMan
05-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Just so long as 2 Mickey's don't ever cross paths - like some sort of parallel worlds colliding - who knows what could happen!!! :eek:

My explanation when 2 mickeys are at two diffrent points at the same time is. "See Disney Imagineers created this machine to turn hand drawn Mickeys into real life Mickeys, so, each Mickey was drawn and put in the machine." :)

RStar
05-22-2002, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure how many rooms they have, but I'm sure the number of Mickeys depends on crowd and availability. I know there are at least 3 or 4 sets. Next time you are there and leaving the room, look at the doors on your left (as you are leaving). Some of them may be behind you as well, depending which room you got. I'm not sure that all the doors are sets, some may be hall doors, but you may get an idea of how many rooms there are by counting them. And if you hang out for a few minutes (or enter the exit) you can see people leave the rooms and see what set is inside. I bet you could even request a favorite set to take a picture in).:D

MammaSilva
05-22-2002, 02:29 PM
well I have learned that if you ask nicely you can find out which 'sets' are available at a given time, my little one just can NOT accept the steam boat willie Mickey, to her that just is NOT Mickey ....all the others are fine but not steam boat, I think it is the black & white issue but I am not sure, so now one of us watches the kids on Gadget while another one of us goes over to the CM at the exit of Mickeys House and checks on who is available at the time :)

AVP
05-22-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
well I have learned that if you ask nicely you can find out which 'sets' are available at a given time

Ah yes - I've done this! The trick is to ask the question without ruining the magic for the crowd of assorted 5-year-olds gathered around the door. I usually ask if Mickey is filming the movie I want:

"Excuse me, I wonder if you could tell me if Mickey is filming FANTASIA today?" (Translation - did you schedule a Sorcerer Mickey today?)

That lets the CM answer you without giving anything away to the other kids. "No, he's filming Steamboat Willie" today. (Translation - sorry, he called out sick, so we only have one working) :D

I have heard people say "How many Mickey's do you have today?", and the ONLY answer the CM can give in a situation like that is, "There is only one Mickey!", which just makes the guest mad.

AVP

mad4mky
05-22-2002, 05:40 PM
Wow...I have never seen the "SteamBoat Willie" Mickey there...I'll have to ask next time...

tabacco
05-22-2002, 06:03 PM
Four :)

oohykitten
05-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Thank you for all your help.

Lost Boy
05-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Ok guy and girls, here's how it works:

There are four rooms in the "theater set" section. If you remember what it looks like when you go from the big waiting room with the film playing on the screen, you go into a "Hallway", look at the walls. There are shelves there with reels of film on them. And one door, to a "Set". When you go in that room and the Cast Member in the Hallway closes the door, they slide one of the shelves over to cover up the door, and slide another one to the side to uncover a door. There are two on the left and two on the right. The four rooms are:

Fantasia where Mickey is dressed like the Sorcerers Apprentace and all kinds of props from that movie are in this room.

Band Concert Mickey from the Band Concert cartoon, Mickey is dressed in his Band Conductors Uniform.

Mayor Mickey - he is dressed in the traditional red and black tuxedo that you see him on on Main Street.

Steamboat Willie - everything (Including Mickey) in this room is in Black and White.

And that's all there is to it. Four Rooms, only one of which is visible at a time. Sort of like what I gave away in the Indiana Jones Attraction with the doors to Mara's Rooms. 5 doors only three of which are visible at any given time. Same principle, only manual effort is used to cover the doors with shelves instead of automatic moving walls.
:eek:

MonorailMan
05-22-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy

Steamboat Willie - everything (Including Mickey) in this room is in Black and White.

Any one know if SW has the traditional Mickey Gloves?

Because in the cartoon, he had big black round hands. :)

Lost Boy
05-22-2002, 08:11 PM
He's wearing traditional Mickey Gloves in all four rooms.:)

MonorailMan
05-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
He's wearing traditional Mickey Gloves in all four rooms.:)

Thank You.

BTW, I was running a little search, as of the day I bought my Mickey Gloves, the number of posts about Gloves went up about 137%! :eek: