PDA

View Full Version : Soft Opening for Matterhorn? (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

animalx
11-24-2006, 10:42 PM
I will be going to Disneyland in a few days and will there till Dec 9 . Any hope for a soft opening on this one? :( Matterhorn is my favorite.:)

Noxx
11-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Pretty unlikely.

chrisaustx
11-25-2006, 05:05 AM
I looked at the Matterhorn queue on Thursday, clean up work has commenced on the job site. I think it will be re-opening soon, but when, I have no clue.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-25-2006, 07:12 AM
We will be there December 5-10 and I am really hoping for a soft opening as well. My dad hasn't been to DLR in 25 years and he will be joining us, Dec. 8-10. He would love to ride the Matterhorn, as he figures this will be the only time he goes for another 25 years, and then he would be 82, probably won't ride it then. It is my favorite ride too.

ILovePoker
11-25-2006, 02:28 PM
This is just a restoration, so the chances of chances of the Matterhorn having soft openings is nothing to 0.

Susan L
11-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Isn't this the time of year they usually do a rehab on the Matterhorn?

Noxx
12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Matterhorn is up as of today, 12/8. Sorry I couldnt spill beforehand

sjcivilady
12-08-2006, 11:19 AM
yeay, yeay, yeay!!!:D

DangerMouse
12-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Well, that's some really good news! :D

DisneyBubbles
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Did they add anything new?

Pirate Princess
12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Did they add anything new?
Beside the loop? :p

Darkbeer
12-08-2006, 07:38 PM
The Matterhorn did NOT open today. The refurb wall has been removed, but they were testing the ride using sandbags.

So it looks like they might open before next Friday, but I wouldn't drive down to just ride the Matterhorn just yet.

Tinkermommy
12-09-2006, 08:09 AM
They were running it last night (Friday), but with the cars empty. People were huddled around the exit area watching (and probably, like us, hoping for a shot at a ride...LOL).

We were going to joke with the CM near the track that we'd be happy to volunteer as "crash test dummies," but he was too far away, and that didn't seem like an appropriate thing to yell...:p

Darkbeer
12-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Not open today (Saturday).

NO Chance of a soft opening on Sunday.

A possible chance of a soft opening on Monday, especially in the later hours. Maybe even Tuesday or Wednesday, and of course, no guarantees.

The testing has been going well, but there are some issues, and certain folks need to sign off on the attraction before allowing guests to ride.

Pirate Princess
12-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Darkbeer: Do you know if the track will be smoother now? I know that many people, including myself, got beat on that ride.

futurecm21
12-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Beside the loop? :p

Clearly I have not been on the Matterhorn in far too long. What do you mean by "loop" Is there an inversion, a reverse, like on Expedition Everest? Clearly I am not familiar enough with this terminology. I appreciate your help.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
futurecm21

Darkbeer
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
The "Loop", that is a long running Internet JOKE... no loop is being added.... (It was a Space Mountain Joke...)

As for being smoother, that is one of the reasons that portions of the track were replaced. Not sure how much smoother it will be, hopefully will find out early next week ;)

Pirate Princess
12-09-2006, 08:10 PM
As for being smoother, that is one of the reasons that portions of the track were replaced. Not sure how much smoother it will be, hopefully will find out early next week ;)
Darkbeer: Your mission is.. walk around the Matterhorn looking for sand! If the track is anything like the old track sand will be splattered into the hub ;)
I want photodocumented proof of a sand-free Matterhorn!
I can't wait to ride this sans-whiplash (and for the first report that smoother actually means smooooooother)

futurecm21: sorry about "the loop" joke. I actually had a park CM pull this on me... although I actually think he believed there was a loop. He was interesting to say the least.

potzbie
12-10-2006, 11:00 AM
The "Loop", that is a long running Internet JOKE... no loop is being added.... (It was a Space Mountain Joke...)

The best ride to apply the "loop" gag is a ride where loops are impossible.

For example:

Q. What improvements are they doing for the submarine "FIND NEMO" ride?
A. The underwater scenes will borrow heavily from the old submarine ride, but the good news is that they are adding a loop. :rolleyes:

Q. What modifications have they done to the MAIN STREET CINEMA?
A. They've added color, gone digital, and added stereo sound. But the big feature is the loop at the end. :rolleyes:

Q. Will there be a soft opening for the Fantasyland Mad Hatter Tea Cups?
A. The soft opening probably won't occur before Christmas, because the Disney Imagineers have not figured out how to add the final loop. :rolleyes:

Q. I read that they are turning TOM SAWYER'S ISLAND into a PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN pirates' lair. Is this true?
A. A team of Disney Imagineers in suits and ties and carrying clip boards were reviewing the whole island. While it is possible that no permanent decision has been made to get rid of the theme of the Mark Twain novels, the success of "Curse of the Black Pearl" and "Dead Man's Chest" does suggest the changes will occur, as soon as they can figure out how to add a loop. :rolleyes:

:) :) :)

tigga please
12-10-2006, 12:39 PM
ive read on a couple other sites that there will be a nice addition/suprise to the Matterhorn during refurb. anything that makes me go "ouch" a lil less is a nice addition/suprise

adriennek
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
I don't have any reports yet about anything that has changed, but I just got off the phone with Mammasilva who was waiting for her daughter to come off the Matterhorn! It's open and running with guests.

Adrienne

Darkbeer
12-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Here is something I was told by a CM....

There was suppposed to be a Cast-Member opening last night (Sunday) after park closing for the Matterhorn, yet the rain ruined that and caused some problem they just found with the new sensor system. I guess the rain was triggering the sensors and the sensitivity was too high or something like that...

So you might find the attraction closed if it starts to rain...

rgcook
12-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I can confirm it! Had the honor of riding it with Darkbeer! Doesn't seem like anything changed much, other than some routine maintenance items.... Still one of the best rides at Disneyland!
Robert

Pirate Princess
12-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I can confirm it! Had the honor of riding it with Darkbeer! Doesn't seem like anything changed much, other than some routine maintenance items.... Still one of the best rides at Disneyland!
Robert
But was it smooooootttthhhhhh baby :cool: ?

Darkbeer
12-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Note: Robert and I did NOT ride in the same "car", but we did ride right beside each other in the same train (Cars 3 and 4).... It was a pleasure meeting Robert, and the family who came up to us while we exited the Matterhorn.

And I agree with Robert, the ride did seem a bit smoother, but nothing much has changed...

And FYI, the Wait Board is still saying the ride is Closed for Refurb. Make sure and walk by the attraction, everything I have been told is that they hope to have it running all day until the closure for a few days in late January. Of course, the ride can close at any time due to problems.....