PDA

View Full Version : How do I convince [my parents] to take us to Disneyland in '07?

disneyroxxx
11-24-2006, 10:27 PM
anyone have any idea as to how i can convince my parents into taking all of us (my two little sisters, mom and dad, and i) to disneyland next year? we usually go once a year, and they seem like they dont want to go for a few years! i could never wait that long! its hard to convince them to change their mind, so does anybody have a good plan? we have enough money to go, thats not a problem, so this isnt really a bad thing. would love the help, thanks!

-olivia

btw, they LOVE the GCH, so maybe that will help.

Sosai X
11-25-2006, 01:54 AM
It might be that there are other financial concerns you don't know about. That sometimes takes the place of a vacation. You might convince them if you start saving up money yourself for the trip. You can get an after-school job somewhere, and open a savings account at the bank, and put all the money you earn in there. That will say more than anything to your parents how much the trip means to you. Your siblings can even do whatever they can to contribute money to the pot. :)

Vegitabeta
11-25-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm in the same boat, but I'm trying to persuade mine to go to WDW, 'cos we haven't been there in a fews years. I'm looking for a job, so if you're old enough, maybe you could do that?

mistofviolets
11-25-2006, 08:25 AM
I agree to saving up yourself!

Maybe you can devise a family saving plan...request that for Christmas and your Birthday, instead of gifts, they donate to the family Disney Fund. Figure out how much you'll need, and when you get there, plan the outing. Shows them you're serious about going, gives them a little break, and makes you look mature rather than whiny ;) (My parents hated begging)

I don't know how old you and your sisters are, but remember too...they may be ready to try something new. A different kind of vacation. Or maybe there is something else going on they don't want to discuss. You wouldn't want them to go and be miserable at DL, thinking of some other stressor.

dznyphreak
11-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Maybe they're open for a WDW trip ;)

disneyroxxx
11-25-2006, 01:12 PM
there's this writing contest coming up, and if you win, you get over $7000! so i'll try that, but i'll definitely look into getting a job, and saving money. of course, im not depending on the contest, that will just help, if i win. thanks for your tips, i think if i actually start working for the money, they will have second thoughts about their decision.

also, i think my little sisters are too young to raise money, they're only 4 and 2! unless, people will give them money for being so darn cute!

jcruise86
11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Did you see how Bart and Lisa got their parents to take them to Mt. Splashmore?

TahoeBob
11-25-2006, 06:21 PM
anyone have any idea as to how i can convince my parents into taking all of us (my two little sisters, mom and dad, and i) to disneyland next year? we usually go once a year, and they seem like they dont want to go for a few years! i could never wait that long! its hard to convince them to change their mind, so does anybody have a good plan? we have enough money to go, thats not a problem, so this isnt really a bad thing. would love the help, thanks!

-olivia

btw, they LOVE the GCH, so maybe that will help.I would just drop the idea for now and let it rest. Could be your parents want to do something different for vacation the next few years. Look at the situation from there point of view, have they gone to DL the past few years for you and your sisters? ask them where they would like to go on vacation. Try to act exiceted about it! when my kids were your age I was much more open to there ideas if they showed some interest in what I liked to do.

If that fails just go out to I-5 with a sign that says "HELP MY MY PARENTS ARE MEAN THEY WONT TAKE ME TO DISNEYLAND. I NEED TO GET THERE FAST":D

I Heart Disneyland!
11-25-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm thinking since they are the ones who are paying for it....you should respect the fact that they aren't saying yes to going now. Like someone else said, there may be financial things you know nothing about. I hope you get to go, but, I'd let them make that decision since they have to foot the bill.

mistofviolets
11-25-2006, 09:16 PM
there's this writing contest coming up, and if you win, you get over $7000! so i'll try that, but i'll definitely look into getting a job, and saving money. of course, im not depending on the contest, that will just help, if i win. thanks for your tips, i think if i actually start working for the money, they will have second thoughts about their decision.

also, i think my little sisters are too young to raise money, they're only 4 and 2! unless, people will give them money for being so darn cute!

Saving allowance counts :)

With two young kids, they may just not be up for the trip. Yes...its a great age for Disney (when isn't?) but, its also more special when you wait. We started saving when my oldest was around 4 and youngest just a baby...by the time we actually got there (4 and 8 respectively) it really was a magical experience for them. Be patient and know that magical eperience awaits.

darph nader
11-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Tell your parents how much you LOVE to go to D/L with THEM. But if they have something different in mind,bite the bullet,and 'enjoy' what they want to do this year.
you never know,it might be just as much fun.:cool:

disneyroxxx
11-26-2006, 07:06 AM
we are planning a big trip in '08 (going to austria to see our long lost family! and to italy) so maybe i could wait till '09.....i would be a junior in high school then! whoa!

i think for now i'll be patient.....and maybe i could get them to just let me go, and stay with a family member down there.....i think we would all be happy with that!

Susan L
11-26-2006, 01:05 PM
we are planning a big trip in '08 (going to austria to see our long lost family! and to italy) so maybe i could wait till '09.....i would be a junior in high school then! whoa!

i think for now i'll be patient.....and maybe i could get them to just let me go, and stay with a family member down there.....i think we would all be happy with that!

Well its cystal clear now why they are putting off Disneyland they are taking you to Austria and Italy. I would take that trip any day of the week, WOW!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-26-2006, 01:54 PM
!

WOW!!! I am 45 years old and I've never been to Austria or Italy, so, count your blessings and enjoy those places! The idea of going to visit family near DL is a great idea!! Try that one. That would save a lot of money for your parents, not having to pay for an entire family to visit DL.