PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for February dates?

momuvseven
11-24-2006, 10:35 AM
My daughter turns 14 on Valentine's Day and we want to do an all girl's trip. Is Valentine's Day super busy? We can go almost anytime during that month. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

potzbie
11-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Well, to narrow down the dates, it is best to avoid the crowds on the Presidents Day 3-day weekend.
That is the only FEBRUARY date which I think would be the significant crowd-generating date.

ILovePoker
11-24-2006, 02:13 PM
My daughter turns 14 on Valentine's Day and we want to do an all girl's trip. Is Valentine's Day super busy? We can go almost anytime during that month. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!
Go either before the 14th, or just before Presidents Week. The 14th, I hear is generally busy.

Darkbeer
11-24-2006, 02:58 PM
I agree with avoiding the 14th, seems like a LOT of folks are at the parks, and at the Hotel and DtD Restaurants.

It won't be as busy as the President's Day weekend, but I would say it is the 4th busiest day of the month, even though it falls on a weekday.

momuvseven
11-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks, I think we will plan for midweek the week before her birthday.

Susan L
11-24-2006, 06:48 PM
We have been two separate times during Valentines Day, had a great time. If you plan on dinner on that day make sure you make reservations. During that week it starts to get really busy around the end of the day Thrusday before Pres weekend.

potterphreak
11-26-2006, 06:56 AM
We were there last year during Valentines day and it was the best day of our trip! The weather was PERFECT, crowds weren't horrendous (less than 10 minute wait for Buzz-that's the only ride we went on that day as it was our last day and we got all of our souvenirs and souvenir photos this day) and someone had skywritten a huge heart over Disneyland. I don't know if DL did this or some private person but it was super cute! I can't speak for the afternoon or the evening crowds because we left around 2.

Leap for Joy
11-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Southern Arizona schools have February 22 and 23 off, so that weekend tends to be a bit busier.