PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 people... HELP!

Timmy13T
11-24-2006, 07:15 AM
I see many, many, many people get to go to Club 33 for either lunch or dinner. yet I know that there is onyl a certian handful of peopel who actually have memberships. How do these people without memberships get in? I dont understand. I heard there is only 300 members so far but Im almost sure more people visit Club 33. I see threads about club 33 with people visiting for thier first time and I am just stumped. someone help me please.

Rkkm
11-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Here are two ways to get in ..

1. Companies with corporate memberships offer once-a-year visits to their employees.

2. Individual members often donate a Club 33 visit to charity auctions. Winning bidders pay whatever they bid plus the Club 33 meal tab. Here in Southern California, that is a fairly common occurence as it costs the donor nothing and usually raises upwards of $500 for the non-profit.

adriennek
11-24-2006, 08:47 AM
I've been to the Club three times. Each time it was because I knew someone who had a hookup who trusted our group enough to get us a reservation.

We have a long-time family friend who is a "hook-up" through a business he owns. In fact, his wife told us: "Wow, anytime you want to go, let us know! "When I realized I wanted to get reservations for a friend to go with me for her first time, I contacted our family friend, but the situation had changed. The business partners agreed to put restrictions on using the membership that now make it very difficult to share with friends and family.

The reason why this group has restrictions is exactly why people with memberships need to be careful about who they share it with - This business had a situation with another perk- one of the partners' children used it and abused it. As a result, the company is stricter about who and how employees can use perks. At a place like Club 33, poor behavior by the guests could lead to damaging the members' reputation or even the member losing his/her membership.

Would I or my friends behave that way? Of course not. And our family friends know that. But the policy is there so they have to honor that, and I respect that.

Adrienne

Klutch
11-24-2006, 09:02 AM
My employer's headquarters is in Los Angeles and has been there for over fifty years. Some of my employer's history is on display at the "Soarin' Over California" queue at DCA. Therefore, it's very likely they have at least a few Club 33 memberships.

I keep asking about it, but receive no answer. This tells me the answer is, "Yes, we have memberships, but they're not for the likes of scum-dogs like you." :(

adriennek
11-24-2006, 10:16 AM
We found out that at my husband's company, when you reach a certain level, you're given a budget to join an executive club. In theory, an executive could use that budget to join 33. The problem is that pesky little 10 year waiting list. There are a number of clubs that a person could join without a wait list.

Adrienne

animalx
11-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm going to Disneyland on Wed for 10 days. My plan is to have my family look up at the balcony with puppy dog eyes and hopefully someone will invite us in. Or maybe it's one of the Million Dream Prizes.

Malcon10t
11-24-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm going to Disneyland on Wed for 10 days. My plan is to have my family look up at the balcony with puppy dog eyes and hopefully someone will invite us in. Or maybe it's one of the Million Dream Prizes.The closest prize would be the Dinner for 6 on the Disney Gallery Balcony.

dsnyredhead
11-24-2006, 12:03 PM
I've been there twice and both times were through friends of friends of friends who knew a member.

11-24-2006, 07:05 PM
My plan is to have my family look up at the balcony with puppy dog eyes and hopefully someone will invite us in.

A lot of people feel this way about Club 33 but this pressing the nose against the bakery window sounds so unfun. Any place I have to beg or cajole to get into has blown it with moi.

I'll be at Napa Rose.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-24-2006, 07:53 PM
I'll be at Napa Rose.

I've never tried Napa Rose. Sounds wonderful!!!!

Crazy4DL
11-24-2006, 08:44 PM
. Any place I have to beg or cajole to get into has blown it with moi.

You know, I agree.

Not to take away from the wonderful time those who have eaten at Club 33 have had. :)

Klutch
11-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I think Club 33 is kinda like a micro-country-club which happens to be located in Disneyland, where lots of non-members happen to be around. Like any country club, begging and cajoling will get you nowhere, but if a member happens to invite you, you're in. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
11-24-2006, 08:49 PM
You know, I agree.

Not to take away from the wonderful time those who have eaten at Club 33 have had. :)

It really is a wonderful thing to go to Club 33, however, if I never went again...I would be a happy camper having been able to go that time. It's like it fulfilled my DL dreams, you know? It really was such a great experience that I am blessed to have been able to go at all. :) Now...to try Napa Rose!

adriennek
11-25-2006, 09:01 AM
I'll be at Napa Rose.

I've been to both. I've been to both within the past 3 months. I still think that the food at Napa Rose is far better. The last time I went, I was with some first timers who are Disney nuts. One is also a Mary Poppins nut. The fun part of it was taking her picture for her by the Mary Poppins fixture and standing at the bar collecting napkins and such. It was the people that made it fun. And the merchandise was so disappointing. We walked away without having to use our credit card except for food.

But I'm very very happy to return to the Napa Rose time and time again, without a lot of hassle about how to get in, and have a fine meal with excellent service.

Adrienne