PDA

View Full Version : When best to visit?

bren-e
11-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi all,
been a long time reader of the site / forums, and finally have booked my first trip to the USA... YAY!

Anyway, we will be in Anaheim between nov 25 till nov 29, with a 3 day hopper pass, and plan on 1 day at knotts.

We had planned the 26th at Knotts, and the other three at Disney parks, as they are what we want to see most. Does this sound like a good plan? Im not sure how busy to expect the week after thanksgiving.

Thanks for your input,
Bren-E

Vegitabeta
11-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Sorry I have no idea about the crowds at the time of year as I've only ever been in August, but welcome to the boards and congrats on booking your first trip! Where in the world are you coming from?

Stupid_American
11-22-2006, 05:21 AM
I think the Sunday at Knott's and the next 3 days at Disneyland Resort will be a good plan.

Sunday, many will be heading home.
Weekdays are always best at DLR.

bren-e
11-22-2006, 11:31 AM
thanks for the advice, im looking very forward to it

im coming from Melbourne, Australia

Bytebear
11-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Wow, what a treat. We hosted some friends from England a few years back and had a great time (even with the castle under a huge tarp). You are going at a great time. The only reason to do Disneyland on Sunday is the longer operating hours: 8a-12a as opposed to 10a - 8p. The park should be really light on crowds either way.

Stupid_American
11-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Have a great time!
Be sure to try a corn dog, from the truck at the end of Main Street.
The turkey legs, from numerous carts, are a good deal for lunch.

Where will you be staying?
Will you be driving?
Maybe we can suggest some local eateries....

FantasmicFan82
11-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Will you be driving?
Huh? oh wait... around...

Enjoy your visit to the happiest place on earth!

potzbie
11-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Be aware that the big Thanksgiving weekend is November 22 (Wed.) to 26 (Sun.).
Be aware that Disneyland had the maximum capacity signs turned on for WEDNESDAY NOV. 22, according to one MousePlanet poster.
If the workday (Wednesday) was a full capacity day, then surely Thursday, Friday, Saturday will be likewise full capacity days.
Be sure to read the "capacity" thread(s) on MousePlanet, as the regulars check in and report on what Disneyland is doing.

bren-e
11-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the pointers,

we are staying at the Candy Cane Inn, the reviews sound pretty good of this property.

I will keep an eye where possible on the capacity threads. When the park does reach capacity, are passouts still avail to allow those already inside to gain re-entry?

Darkbeer
11-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Make sure and do Knott's on Sunday, as they are only offering many Christmas events, including their Parade on weekends until Mid-December.

Disneyland will offer their Parade and Fireworks nightly, so you will get the best of both!

Today. Thanksgiving, Disney was planning to hit capacity, but never needed to restrict attendance.

As for reaching capacity, Disney does it in stages, to try and prevent folks who have been in earlier to re-enter (The turnstile CM's were telling AP holders they NEEDED to get a hand stamp today). But if the park is full (Fire Marshall capacity), then NOONE gets in until enough folks leave the park, so you might have to wait quite awhile for the gates to re-open, especially times like New Years Eve).

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Be aware that the big Thanksgiving weekend is November 22 (Wed.) to 26 (Sun.).
Be aware that Disneyland had the maximum capacity signs turned on for WEDNESDAY NOV. 22, according to one MousePlanet poster.
If the workday (Wednesday) was a full capacity day, then surely Thursday, Friday, Saturday will be likewise full capacity days.
Be sure to read the "capacity" thread(s) on MousePlanet, as the regulars check in and report on what Disneyland is doing.

This shouldn't effect the OPs trip since they are not planning on being at DLR until the week after the big Thanksgiving weekend.

OP, I think you are going at a great time, it shouldn't be too busy. Three days at the park will be great!

Bytebear
11-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Well, I hope they don't mind the rain, because today, (the first day for them at Disneyland) it is pouring! I don't think they will have to worry about crowds though.

tahnok100
11-27-2006, 08:43 PM
While the topic is up, what kind of crowds can be expected on the fourth? It's about the only day we can go, so it doesn't really matter. I'm just wondering what I can expect.

Also, what's up with the hours on the fourth and fifth? Closing at 6:00PM!? I don't think I've ever seen the park close before 8:00.

Malcon10t
11-27-2006, 08:46 PM
While the topic is up, what kind of crowds can be expected on the fourth? It's about the only day we can go, so it doesn't really matter. I'm just wondering what I can expect.

Also, what's up with the hours on the fourth and fifth? Closing at 6:00PM!? I don't think I've ever seen the park close before 8:00.
CM Christmas parties. Happens each year. But DCA will be open late.