PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 - Photos - Just As Great As You Could Imagine!

Pages : [1] 2 3

I Heart Disneyland!
11-21-2006, 11:46 PM
I had the pleasure of making my first trip to Club 33 on November 13th at noon. :) :) :)

We had the amazing lunch buffet as well as a selection from the menu. I had the chicken with truffled macaroni and cheese. It was as wonderful as it sounds too! It was incredible! They were so accommodating there. We had 2 small children with us (the mi_mous kiddos) and one had the Mickey pasta and one a cheeseburger that was about as big as her head! ha! The children each wanted different drinks and it felt like you could ask for nearly anything and they'd make it happen for you!!

When we arrived it was all butterflies!!! (For me anyway.) We all (6 of us) crammed in the elevator and rode up to THE place that everyone speaks of but few can actually visit. I have to thank a very close friend for making it possible for me and my DH to visit Club 33. It was a day I'll never forget! Just magical!

The buffet was amazing. They had so many cheeses, they had lobster, crab legs, shrimp. They had wonderful salads, one with steak and it was outstanding!!! One favorite of mine was a pate of some sort. There was so much food that when your main course arrived, you could hardly think of eating it. But, somehow we managed. ha! ;) ;)

I've attached photos because I know everyone wants to see it. I did before I went there. I've been going to DL since I was about 6 years old, which was 1967. I took my children there when they were young (and they came this trip too--just not to Club 33). Family members of mine have been to Club 33, but, til November 13....I'd never been able to get past that front door! I would just take photos of that 33 on the front of the building.

I know there are some of you who have the pleasure of going to Club 33 often and I am so envious! You may be able to explain some of the photos better than me as I am not an expert. I just know that this was one thrilling day!!!!

Thanks to my buddy who helped make this day happen! HUGGGGGGGGG!

Here we go!!! Your tour through Club 33 through my eyes! CLICKY HERE!!! (http://community.webshots.com/album/555943522HMfsMH)

Opus1guy
11-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Sounds like you had a great time! :)

But I don't see any link in your post to any pictures. ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
11-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Sounds like you had a great time! :)

But I don't see any link in your post to any pictures. ;)

Whoop! I got ahead of myself! ha! It's there now. I know you know a LOT about Club 33, so, if you have info about photos I've taken...I'd love the tidbits of information. :)

P.S. YES....we got a bunch of the napkins! ;)

Also, sadly they were out of the Club 33 Mickey ears, so, I got a watch, a keychain and a pin. :) I am set, except I REALLY wanted those mouse ears!!!

RemainSeatedPlease
11-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Cool pictures! Yikes that bill was steep! Could have stayed a night at the Grand Cali! But I'd imagine Club 33 is worth it, even just to say you have been! Very cool, glad you finally got to go!...cool toilet too!

Vegitabeta
11-22-2006, 02:33 AM
I love your photos, how did you get in there?! The desserts look lovely too:p That bust on the way in is apparantly Marie Antoinette (sp?), and the phone booth is from 'The Happiest Millionaire'. Yes, the bill is rather high isn't it lol, but I think if I had that amount of money, I'd also be going there to spend it! I also loved the photos of the Christmas decor from up high above everyone, and of course, the famous 'throne'!

tod
11-22-2006, 07:08 AM
You do know that the "piano" is a harpsichord, right?

The reverse-color keys are a dead giveaway. As would sitting down and playing "Chopsticks" or "Heart and Soul"...:rolleyes:

--t

Raven
11-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Thank you so much for sharing! The pictures are absolutely AMAZING! Makes me realize that my visit to Club 33 in December is just around the corner!!!

Tinkermommy
11-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Love, love, love your pictures!! We've only been twice, and your pictures made me realllly want to go again! The Christmas decorations look breathtaking from the Club view!

No worries -- I think everyone who has been in there photo'd the toidy. I was embarrassed to have done so until somebody said here it is the most photographed toilet in the world. (As it should be. LOL!) Now, if I could just find a way to tastefully put it on my Christmas cards...:p

The mouse ears were out for us, too. :crying:

PanFan
11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
AWESOME!!! I just took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour last weekend (worth every penny and more, by the way) and we got to go into the lobby and get our picture inside the elevator. It was SO hard not to go up the stairs, but thank you for satisfying my curiosity of what lies "up there."

junglemom
11-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Janine... You are an amazing photographer. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us!!!

MrsPooh
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh Janine, thanks for sharing your photos! They were incredible!

Glad you got to go! How wonderful!

Your post makes me know even more that I am the only person on the planet that has never been there! :crying:

(Ok, make that two, MrPooh hasn't either! :p )

Yes, I am green with envy!

Opus1guy
11-22-2006, 11:13 AM

Correct. It "plucks" instead of "plunks." :)

Couple of tidbits about that harpsichord:

- For about the first 10 years of the Club's operation, they had this wonderful and talented lady (who I've been trying to recall her name and frustratingly can't!) in period costume that would play that harpsichord daily during lunch. She'd also play every once in awhile at dinner on special occasions. Also on special occasions she was accompanied by a harpist. Wonderful, wonderful music! There was also a flex-cabled microphone (velvet covered) that came out of the wall next to the harpsichord, allowing vocals or amplification of the harpsichord over the Club's audio speaker system...but now that I think about it...I don't know if that's still there or not.

- The painting on the "lid" of the harpsichord was painted by Disney Imagineer Colin Campbell. One day Walt asked him to paint a scene of the real New Orleans around the 1860's on the underside of that harpsichord lid. Because Club 33 was still at that time being planned as a separate operation from Disneyland and Walt Disney Productions...the "lid" was delivered to Colin at his home and he painted that beautiful scene and work of art...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2112006450032942782qhcMmu

...out in his garage! :) What adds to the humor of this piece of Club 33 history...is that several art "experts" that have happened to dine at the Club over the years...have attributed that painting to have actually been painted around the 1860's! And one even said it was probably painted by a local artist in New Orleans, and not in 1966 in a garage out in the San Fernando Valley! Good Job, Colin! :)

- Just this last year Paul McCartney sat down to play a few tunes on that harpsicord...but sadly...the harpsichord was out-of-tune!

Now about this very wonderful piece...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2353240630032942782fnqYWR

...you may be interested to know that that table is one of the most valuable antiques in the Club. And it is so intricately carved, that often folks don't realize the cloth that's draped over the top...is actually wood...until they get up close to it! It was selected by Lillian Disney herself while with Walt and Academy Award winning set decorator, Emil Kuri...on a trip to purchase furnishings for Club 33 (same as were most of the antiques there). But this one was Lillian's absolute favorite out of all of them. I was told by one of the Disneyland VIP Guides that used to accompany Lillian on trips to Disneyland, that when visiting Club 33, Lillian would always stop at it, "...to say 'Hi' and give it a few little pats."

:)

tinker3
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
That is so exciting that you got to go there with your family & friends, I am glad you had a memorable time! :) Thanks for sharing.

Crazy4DL
11-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Your post makes me know even more that I am the only person on the planet that has never been there! :crying:

You keep forgetting me! Remember, you are taking me when you strike it big????? :D :p ;)

Very nice photos, Janine.

DisneylandForever
11-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I am the only person on the planet that has never been there! :crying:

I have a feeling you won't be saying that by the end of 2007. ;)

disney jones
11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
i'm sadly disappointed. none of the pictures have a picture of the lovely Janine in them. :(

---- jones (who is still anxiously awaiting your other Disneyland pictures)

SoCalSteven
11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Oh Janine, thanks for sharing your photos! They were incredible!

Glad you got to go! How wonderful!

(Ok, make that two, MrPooh hasn't either! :p )

Yes, I am green with envy!
You are not alone. :(

Thanks for the pics!

MrsPooh
11-22-2006, 12:44 PM
- Just this last year Paul McCartney sat down to play a few tunes on that harpsicord...but sadly...the harpsichord was out-of-tune!

Oh Lord, Neenie just fainted! :eek:

She just read that and found that Sir Paul was there when she was not!

Someone bring the smelling salts!

Ruthie, you are right, but it may take awhile to get us there!

DLF, don't tease me. It isn't nice. :p ;) (you could always take me for my birthday! :D ;) )

snappy
11-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Almost felt I was there again. Went awhile back, right after 911. My publicist was able to get us in. Thanks for sharing..

junglemom
11-22-2006, 04:06 PM
DLF, don't tease me. It isn't nice. :p ;) (you could always take me for my birthday! :D ;) )

When is that MrsPooh, maybe he could take us together for a combo birthday! I am a spring baby!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-22-2006, 05:59 PM

The reverse-color keys are a dead giveaway. As would sitting down and playing "Chopsticks" or "Heart and Soul"...:rolleyes:

--t

I did not, this is why I asked people for their tidbits of information too. :) Thanks for giving that one, Tod! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
11-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Correct. It "plucks" instead of "plunks." :)

:)

Thank you SO much Opus! I LOVE this information!!! That table was so amazing to me, and I didn't notice until you pointed it out that it IS wood! WOW!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh Lord, Neenie just fainted! :eek:

She just read that and found that Sir Paul was there when she was not!
D ;) )

Tell me about it! If I'd known, I would have touched the seat AND the keys!!!!! ha! If I'd seen him, instead of Matthew Perry, FOR SURE they'd need to get the DL EMTs! ha!

mi_mous
11-22-2006, 06:37 PM
i'm sadly disappointed. none of the pictures have a picture of the lovely Janine in them. :(

---- jones (who is still anxiously awaiting your other Disneyland pictures)

I know!

Surely one of those pictures turned out... right?

I Heart Disneyland!
11-22-2006, 06:50 PM
I know!

Surely one of those pictures turned out... right?

They did, however..............I feel SO fat lately! I don't wanna share them! haha!