PDA

View Full Version : CHOC walk at DCA

rob
05-22-2002, 08:24 AM
On Oct. 20, 2002 Children's Hospital of Orange County will be doing their CHOC walk at DCA. Last year this was at South Coast Plaza and people who raised over $100 received a pass to Disneyland. This year DCA will be the site for the walk with an early admission. If you wish to stay for the day special discount tickets will be available.

MouseWife
05-22-2002, 09:29 AM
What do you mean at DCA? How far is the walk?

ArthurBang
05-24-2002, 10:30 AM
Actually the thing I received in the mail said it'd be taking place in Disneyland AND DCA.. It mentioned it was going to be somewhere around a 5 mile walk.

It should be interesting. I donated money last year but because of a scheduling conflict, I couldn't do the walk. I did get a free hat, 2 shirts, two pins and some other stuff though :)

MouseWife
05-24-2002, 12:56 PM
Is there a site I can go to where I can get more information? That isn't too bad of a walk.

I have been walking about 3 miles a day {okay, almost every day :o } and can do the five no problem. That time of year would be great for it as well.

Maybe some of the nice people I have met on my walk would sponsor me. Is that how it works? Sponsors?

Thanks for the information previous and forthcoming!!

MouseWife

justagrrl
05-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Is there a site I can go to where I can get more information? That isn't too bad of a walk.

I have been walking about 3 miles a day {okay, almost every day :o } and can do the five no problem. That time of year would be great for it as well.

Maybe some of the nice people I have met on my walk would sponsor me. Is that how it works? Sponsors?

Thanks for the information previous and forthcoming!!

MouseWife

I was thinking the same thing. I looked but couldn't come up with any good info so I emailed CHOC and requested some. If/when I hear back I'll post it. I ran a search on their site and there's a link that *should* have it but it leads to an error page. :(

MouseWife
05-24-2002, 01:22 PM
Thank you!! :)

justagrrl
07-12-2002, 08:33 AM
Well...thank you CHOC for never answering any of my emails asking about the CHOC Walk. That's some good p.r. you're doing for it. :rolleyes:

But I noticed the info in the Summer Newsletter.

October 20th - 714-781-1563 for more info and to sign up. (also says to watch the site for more details)

cyberRoo
07-12-2002, 09:00 AM
This is not terribly helpful, but sooner or later, I'm sure they'll update this page. Right?

http://choc.fmpdatabase.net/dev/foundation/fevents.lasso?-token.skip=3

MouseWife
07-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Well, this information is way better than nothing.
Thanks for reminding me about it. Perhaps I can talk
my walking partners into doing it as well. None of us
have been on a road trip together and this sounds like
a very good reason to.

I wonder if they just get enough pledges without promoting
it so much?

Thanks for posting this information!

MouseWife

awinner
07-12-2002, 10:16 AM
I just called them and they will be sending me a packet to fill out once they are printed....we should form a MOUSEPAD TEAM!!! they said the walk loops through DL then crosses over to DCA and does a loop there. she said anyone one can walk through the park, but if you would like to stay in the park afterwards, they will have discounted tix. (for those who are not AP's of course)

MouseWife
07-12-2002, 10:58 AM
A MousePad team sounds great!

I will call and order a packet {when they are printed} to entice my walking buddies. :)

Thanks!