PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Fudge?

Niwel
11-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Just curious if the uber yummy confection is back this year and if anyone has seen it... (it has crushed up candy canes in vanilla fudge making the whole think look kinda pink).

KimmyPooh
11-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Doesn't it come out after the pumpkin fudge? Soo...perhaps Friday of this week?

Pirate Princess
11-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Doesn't it come out after the pumpkin fudge? Soo...perhaps Friday of this week?
Does that mean pumpkin fudge won't be around anymore? We are going to DL Sat-Tues and was hoping to get my kidlet some.
No idea about the candy cane fudge... but I might be trying some!

Vegitabeta
11-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Wow all this fudge sounds yummy:)

jillshumway
11-22-2006, 08:10 AM
I am hooked on hersheys cany cane kisses but the fudge sounds good.

Park Freak
11-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey, jillshumway....are you or your family from Shumway AZ? Even though my profile says that I live in Snowflake, I actually live in Shumway!! I just put Snowflake so that people can find it on a map.:D
Pam (aka Park Freak)

lisap
11-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Just got a couple squares of candy cane fudge today. Yum, especially when paired with a little slice of plain chocolate fudge.:cool:

Btw, word on the (Main) street is that candy canes will be made starting December 8th. But we all know how that tends to go....
:rolleyes: ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
11-22-2006, 10:17 PM
This sounds kinda yucky to me!! Maybe it's great, but, sounds yuk.

AVP
11-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Btw, word on the (Main) street is that candy canes will be made starting December 8th. But we all know how that tends to go....
:rolleyes: ;)Yeah - just three days this year - Friday the 8th, Saturday the 16th and Friday the 22nd.

I *really* miss the "every Friday starting the day after Thanksgiving" schedule.

AVP

lisap
11-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah - just three days this year - Friday the 8th, Saturday the 16th and Friday the 22nd.

I *really* miss the "every Friday starting the day after Thanksgiving" schedule.

AVP

So do I. :( Really narrows one's chances of actually purchasing one.

emmah
11-23-2006, 11:17 PM
This sounds kinda yucky to me!! Maybe it's great, but, sounds yuk.

i am totally with you on this; it sounds HORRID to me. i've often thought the american palate was very different than that of those of us on this side of the ditch. i remember my first thanksgiving in north america - sweet potato with melted marshmellow on it - who on earth thought of that??? and chocolate with peanut butter? you guys are really very strange!! :D

on another theme however, last year i got to watch the making of candy canes and was totally transfixed by it; they looked so hot and sweaty in that little room and the massive effort it obviously takes to push that taffy into shape was incredible. i was lucky enough to buy the last available cane that day, and they wrapped it carefully in bubblewrap and i bought it all the way back to the other side of the world, where it hung on our tree and looked fab. i have just realised that we didn't actually eat it - it went back into the decorations box in the haste to take down the tree before we left for our summer holiday, so in in a week or so i'll get to see what a candy cane looks like, after a year in a box!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-23-2006, 11:17 PM
They told me last week that they were making them (candy canes) the Friday after Thanksgiving. I hope they do, for the sake of those of you close enough to actually get one! I had hoped for one when we were there!