PDA

View Full Version : Midway Mania

Mickeygirlforever
11-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I've been seeing a lot about Midway Mania. I know it's going to be a new dark ride, but does anyone know anthing else about it? I'm just curious to know what the ride will be like. How much information do we have about it? Thanks!

Darkbeer
11-20-2006, 05:19 PM
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al062006a.htm

The current Midway Mania plan has large vehicles seating eight people back to back spinning through the show building. Riders will be wearing 3-D glasses like the popular Spiderman ride out at Universal's Islands of Adventure park. But while this 3-D technology shares similarities with that attraction, it's the interactivity that will set it apart. Using flashlights themed to X-rays, riders will be able to use their "X-ray powers" to see through the walls of ride structures and behind the scenes of this arcade game as the Pixar Characters steal the show. Riders will be encouraged to aim their X-rays all over the place, as seemingly each shooting gallery show scene will have an endless array of behind-the-scenes antics and witty surprises going on.
The advanced technology is such that the hidden show elements won't activate their audio and special effects until they've been discovered by an X-ray wielding rider, and right there you've got a repeatability factor that will send this ride through the roof. That it's being shepherded through its design by both seasoned Imagineers and animators from Pixar has everyone expecting that it will be a huge hit. A lot of this same technology is also being used for the new Monsters Inc. attraction being built in Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland, and the big-spending Oriental Land Company has footed the bill for a lot of the development costs.

It will be built at DCA, and WDW (the former Millionaire Building), scheduled to open in 2008.

Mickeygirlforever
11-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks so much! I knew I'd get an answer here! I'm excited, thanks!

sdfilmcritic
11-21-2006, 02:33 PM
It will be built at DCA, and WDW (the former Millionaire Building), scheduled to open in 2008.I'm gonna miss the Millionaire show. I've already been missing it ever since the show got yanked. :crying: