PDA

View Full Version : November 18, 2006 trip report

cstephens
11-18-2006, 11:59 PM
For anyone who's interested, I've posted a very short trip report from November 18, 2006 with information about two new breakfast locations at the resort and "turkey bread".

Here's the link. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlr111806tr.html)

Thanks.

disney jones
11-19-2006, 12:13 AM
definitely eating at Cafe Orleans for breakfast during our Christmas trip (in less than 3 weeks now!!)

thanks for the heads up!!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-19-2006, 12:16 AM
We thought Cafe Orleans was wonderful this trip!!!! The pommes frites are SO terrific, and I had my (formerly Blue Bayou) Monte Cristo and it was fabulous! Highly recommend it!!!

Just returned myself a few hours ago. I have hundreds of photos to upload! You could say I am a crazy FOOL taking so many, but, it was a blessed family reunion event and the catch phrase of Dl this year could not be more fitting!

Thanks cstephens!

kikid
11-19-2006, 05:41 AM
definitely eating at Cafe Orleans for breakfast during our Christmas trip (in less than 3 weeks now!!)

thanks for the heads up!!

Looks good to me! (in less than 2 weeks now!!);)

MammaSilva
11-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks so much cstephens, just got off the phone with Disney dinning, PS all set :D

Wendi
11-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Yum, I think we'll try breakfast at Cafe Orleans too... I cannot believe I am going to be in Disneyland tomorrow morning!!! Woo hoo. Maybe I'll pick up a turkey bread since we're coming home Thanksgiving evening. Do you remember the cost?

Andrew
11-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the report! The Cafe Orleans breakfast menu looks good... now there's another reason to try to get down to DLR next month.

splash
11-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know what time the cafe orleans opens for breakfast? Also, is this the one that is right above pirates?

sdfilmcritic
11-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Turkey Sourdough Bread!!! I want some! I want some now! :D

Andrew
11-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know what time the cafe orleans opens for breakfast? Also, is this the one that is right above pirates?
Cafe Orleans is across the walkway from Pirates, not above it. According to cstephens' report,
They start serving at 8am (or park opening) on weekends and 10am on weekdays. They serve breakfast until about 11:30.

Rkkm
11-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks so much!! Boy! Howdy! Both menus look so yummy! That Monte Cristo French Toast had me droolng on my keyboard! And the prices aren't bad either. Looks like the DL folks are trying to get an alternative to Blue Bayou with Cafe Orleans .. a good idea considering how hard it is to get into the BB. NIce to see that adults can eat Big Folks food, while they kids can have the simpler things they love.

PS - I LOVE your Disneyland page! It is so fun to look at your pictures and read your comments. Thanks so much for the effort you put into entertaining and informing us!

cstephens
11-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Maybe I'll pick up a turkey bread since we're coming home Thanksgiving evening. Do you remember the cost?

I didn't look but the regular Mickey head sourdough is $7.50, I think, so it should be the same or around the same price, I'd expect.

Maleficent's goon
11-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Pacific Wharf has had breakfest for quite a while. The croissant sandwich is just like a bigger version of Burger King:p