PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Camera Charged?

Momtowolf
11-18-2006, 08:23 AM
I didn't take my Kodak charger because I would of had to take the entire docking station.

I went to the Kodak Photo Place on Main Street and asked if they had any adapators to purchase. It was a long shot but you never know.

The nice man said that they have sereral different chargers in the back and I could leave my camera there and he gave me a claim slip and they would charge it for me.....it's a service they offer if you ask!!!

That rocked big time cause we were there at 5 days and I didn't know if my battery would last!!!!

Rhiannon8404
11-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Wow! That's great to know. I'm guessing it's only Kodak cameras, though, since it is after all, a Kodak shop, right?

Vegitabeta
11-18-2006, 10:25 AM
I have a Kodak camera! Thanks for the info!

Phantom2006
11-18-2006, 10:48 AM
I remember one time I brought my camera and I went picture happy and my battery died around 3 in the afternoon. But I did bring my charger and I had to find a outlet, I did find one by the TOT so me and my friends just sat in this corner for like 30 mins or so. Waiting for my battery to charge, I really need to get a second battery.

disney jones
11-18-2006, 01:29 PM
thanks for the tip!

i've asked restaurant staff to help me in this re-charge quest with my recharger, and know of a few outlets around both parks and the hotels of the resort to make it happen on my own, though i always feel sheepish about using them.

i have two batteries, but we camp for lodgings, so i don't have a chance to recharge at night. i always need to juice up on the fly duirng a multi-day stay.

Wendi
11-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing, this might come in handy!

samkj
11-18-2006, 08:04 PM
i have two batteries, but we camp for lodgings, so i don't have a chance to recharge at night. i always need to juice up on the fly duirng a multi-day stay.
If you are driving to and from the park you can get a car charger for your batteries. I keep one in my car all the time for charging emergencies!

Bolivar
11-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Rather than get a car adapter for each devise, I just got an inverter. It plugs into the cigarette lighter and gives me a regular outlet into which I plug in my laptop, the camera, all kinds of things.

kiwifuz
11-18-2006, 09:43 PM
I do the same as Bolivar. The inverter is super handy!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I had a situation where my memory stick was full. A the photo shop at DL, they offer to burn your photos on to a CD for $12.99 and then you can delete some of your photos!!! The cost for the memory stick I needed was $67.00, which was HUGE for like 80 photos, but, it was a great option to burn the CD.

disney jones
11-19-2006, 11:23 AM
^^ that's a nice tip too!

this has been a very helpful thread, because a trip to DLR is one big photo shoot opportunity for me.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-19-2006, 12:16 PM
^^ that's a nice tip too!

this has been a very helpful thread, because a trip to DLR is one big photo shoot opportunity for me.

Me too Brian!!! I took over 400 shots this trip! ha!

Drince88
11-19-2006, 02:19 PM
If you do have them burn a CD - verify the resolution they're going to do it at. I've heard horror stories of it being significantly less than what the original picture was at. (Not necessarily at DL, but not a bad thing to verify!)

I Heart Disneyland!
11-19-2006, 03:10 PM
If you do have them burn a CD - verify the resolution they're going to do it at. I've heard horror stories of it being significantly less than what the original picture was at.

How scary!!! I'm glad I didn't opt for that, but, thank you SO much for the information. Very important stuff!

Doug
11-20-2006, 04:47 AM
If they are just burning the images to CD for you... they SHOULD NOT be changing the size/resolution.... so, if you have a 512mb card, you should end up with (roughly) 512mb of used space on the CD ... just FYI...

Oh, and when I purchased my first DSL (Nikon D70), I took over 1000 pictures in 1 day at DLR :> hehe ... oh, and no recharging was required ;)

Also, another tip, take a laptop with you (leave in car/hotel), that way you can offload your pics to your PC, and even burn them to CD/DVD over night :) (in a hotel room of course)!

Of course I personally think the best way to go is to get one of those PSD's (like http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?currency=USD - PD70X is well respected/reliable, and you can buy the unit without a HD in it, and add your own!) It's a battery powered device that let's you copy off you pics on the go, also, you plug it into you computer and copy the images over, that way, you have 2 copies of each pic.... I know Wolf makes one of theses, but they are much lower in quality...

If you do have them burn a CD - verify the resolution they're going to do it at. I've heard horror stories of it being significantly less than what the original picture was at. (Not necessarily at DL, but not a bad thing to verify!)

Alex S.
11-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Changing resolution may be something they only do if you give them a media card larger than the capacity of a CD.

But they still shouldn't remove the images from the card themselves but rather let you do that.

SoCalDude
11-20-2006, 09:01 AM
If they are just burning the images to CD for you... they SHOULD NOT be changing the size/resolution.... so, if you have a 512mb card, you should end up with (roughly) 512mb of used space on the CD ... just FYI...

I have heard the same horror stories from CDs made at DL. I would not trust them unless I gave it a shot myself. Even asking them I would be iffy - pictures like this I would HATE to have anything happen to them.

Also, another tip, take a laptop with you (leave in car/hotel), that way you can offload your pics to your PC, and even burn them to CD/DVD over night :) (in a hotel room of course)!
lol, my wife has put a ban on laptops on vacation :(

Of course I personally think the best way to go is to get one of those PSD's (like http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?currency=USD

I was just looking at getting something like this yesterday! The one I was looking at this one - http://www.creative.com/products/pmp/demo/zenvision.asp
It has lots of cool toys with it, the major one I like is being able to SEE your pictures.

counterwgt
11-20-2006, 01:10 PM
We do the same thing on holidays. I use a Mega View 588.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/ia/ia/pro_ia_detail.php?UID=616
It has a 20GB HD in it and does more that save pictures.
We will record movies to it for the long flights to DL

Ulysses
11-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Wow! That's great to know. I'm guessing it's only Kodak cameras, though, since it is after all, a Kodak shop, right?

Not anymore. Disneyland CMs have been crosstrained for the new "Photopass" job specialty. It's all "inhouse" now. They'll still plug in your camera.

sambo
11-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Some places (I can't speak for DL) don't change the resolution - a 1024 x 768 picture is still 1024 x 768, but they overcompress the Jpeg's. The extra compression lowers the picture quality and number of kilobytes - it does not lower the resolution.

The laptop in the hotel room is a must for me, along with my external HD. A device with 20 Gigs isn't enough, I can shoot that in a day at Disneyland. My Cannon xti generates 10 to 14 gigabyte raw files. And that is without the Jpeg copy. Nice thing though - I can be into the second day before I need to put in the spare battery.

mi_mous
11-22-2006, 12:40 AM
I take my adapter with me, since it is so small, and I charge my cameras battery while we are eating in the park. I have always been able to find an outlet, and nobody has asked me not to charge my battery.

It is great to do it this way, since you are already stopped to eat, might as well charge the battery too!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Good to know.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-23-2006, 12:39 AM
I take my adapter with me, since it is so small, and I charge my cameras battery while we are eating in the park

Did you have your battery on Monday, November 13th? ;) ;) heehee! (Sorry, had to poke fun at you!)