PDA

View Full Version : Soap at Grand Californian Hotel

ER Nurse
11-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Hello
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could buy the soap they use at the GCH? My mom just informed me of how much she loved the soap. Of course she tells me this the day after I get back from the resort :rolleyes: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa

PS: THANK YOU to everyone for all the great advice you give.

808Disney
11-18-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm not too sure about the brand of the soap..but I would call GCH and ask for the Housekeeping dept. They should be able to help you there. Maybe the Front Desk may be able to help you too. Usually if its special made they may not sell it in stores. But it never hurts to ask.

ER Nurse
11-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks so much...will get on the phone tomorrow.

Lisa

leota's necklace
11-19-2006, 11:01 AM
When I asked about it years ago I was told it was exclusive to the hotel. I've tried Googling the main ingredients of the various products (sea kelp and oatmeal, for example, for the body cleaser bar) and not had much luck. I guard my tiny stash closely.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Have you searched on Ebay? I know that sounds silly, but, I recently found DLH soaps on there! :) Depends upon how badly you want them, I suppose! Good luck. Now I want some and I've never even been to the GCH except to look around the hotel!!! :p

kisroo
11-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Have you searched on Ebay?

Tried it. Didn't find any. Unless I'm not using the search engine properly. But, I'm not the best Ebay-er, either. :rolleyes:

I checked out the one last soap and shampoo I have in the hall closet from last year's trip. It doesn't give any hints as to the maker. At all. I'd never noticed that before.

I'm just glad that we're heading back so I can gather up some more supplies until the next trip!! :geek: I love the smell of the textured soap especially and like to carry the mouthwash with me on other trips. It's handy and reminds me of DL!

~kisroo:)

Bytebear
11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
A little off topic, but the best hotel soap (etc) I have ever used is Hayatt Portico line. The Lavender + Citrus is my favorite. I still have three bars saved.

Here is the link:

http://porticohyatt.com/default.cfm?fuse=categoryhome&user_category=BATH

ER Nurse
11-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Great my mom loves "secret soap". I will beg and pleed to the hotel tomorrow and see what I can come up with. If nothing I will head to EBAY. Thanks for looking up your old soaps for me I really appreciate your help :)

Lisa

SeansMom
11-22-2006, 09:00 PM
We'll be at the grand next week. If I can remember, I'll pick up a bar or two for you, well, for your Mom.

ER Nurse
11-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Thank You so much. I will even pay you for them :) Even a name would be great

Lisa

SeansMom
12-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Thank You so much. I will even pay you for them :) Even a name would be great

Lisa

I sent you a PM :).