PDA

View Full Version : Is there a ticket that is universal?

oohykitten
11-18-2006, 02:11 AM
i heard, not sure if it is true...that there are tickets that are good for park hopping in all parks but Toyko. Any one know of this? I guess you can't buy them though. I wonder if so, how would one get them...or is this a myth?

bassett1976
11-18-2006, 06:47 AM
I've heard this also. I have some friends who just went to WDW for the first time. They learned of this same thing and took the unused days to DLR. They ran into some "issues" as not all of the CMs know this trick. You should call ahead, get names. Then when you go in person you will have a better chance of getting it to work. Don't get frustrated if you hear no a few times.

kohl
11-18-2006, 08:51 AM
I have heard that you can use unused tickets from WDW for Disneyland, but not Disneyland for WDW.

kiwifuz
11-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah I've heard that's true too. But why not, WDW tickets tend to be higher in price.

I did read at one point though that you do actually need to stop and get new tickets issued because you can't actually use WDW tickets with DL's system. Don't know though for sure.

Malcon10t
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Yeah I've heard that's true too. But why not, WDW tickets tend to be higher in price.

I did read at one point though that you do actually need to stop and get new tickets issued because you can't actually use WDW tickets with DL's system. Don't know though for sure.
You can use unexpired WDW tickets at DL. You go to the turnstile, they will deduct a day from the ticket and give you a one day similar ticket (if you have a hopper WDW ticket, you will get a DL hopper, otherwise you will get a single park ticket.)

Disney Daddy of 4
11-19-2006, 08:12 PM
What about AP holders?

Malcon10t
11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
What about AP holders?
APs are only good at the park it was purchased for. My DL AP only works at DL.

lucy
11-19-2006, 10:46 PM
i heard, not sure if it is true...that there are tickets that are good for park hopping in all parks but Toyko. Any one know of this? I guess you can't buy them though. I wonder if so, how would one get them...or is this a myth?
Employees receive complimentary 1-Day Park Hopper passes twice a year that are good at all parks except Tokyo. They can't be sold, bartered or exchanged though.

cstephens
11-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Nope, Universal tickets don't work at any of the Disney parks.

Oh, ummm, never mind.

(And a Costco card won't get you into Knott's either in lieu of an AP, but the weird part was that it was my husband, not the Knott's employee, who realized that I'd handed over the Costco card instead of the Knott's AP, which is why it wasn't scanning correctly...)