PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 11/16/06

grimgrinningirl
11-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Here are some highlights from our 1 day trip::)

No lines at the gates , or (hardly) anywhere else - Our longest wait was 25-30 minutes for Peter Pan. Big Thunder was 15-20 minutes but everything else we did was ten minutes or less, and even some walk-ons. Food lines were also very short. If you want to go on a day with light crowds, it really pays to do research. I moved our date a couple of times, but it really paid off. :geek:

My daughter’s first time on Indy – It turned out to be her favorite ride of the day. The line for this was the shortest I had ever seen. We saw about 30 seconds of the video and then got to walk right on! We would have gone again but we had places to go, pirates to see.

Haunted Mansion Holiday- This was my first time on HMH so I was very excited. It was amazing! I couldn’t believe all the different decorations. Very cool. :cool:

A nice spot for lunch – We ate at Tomorrowland Terrace. Down towards the astro orbiter there are some quiet tables in the shade with a great view of the Matterhorn. The food wasn’t bad either.

Speaking of food … After learning about Tigger Tails, I had to try one. Very tasty, I must say. I also got a pineapple whip and an Italian sausage from Award Wieners that was pretty good. And , of course, I had to stop in the candy store at DCA for some tiger butter and Mickey Nutties!

What else I bought – A cute pirate keychain of a skull in a pirate hat like the talking one in the ride.

What was I thinking? :confused: - Staying for fireworks and having to fight our way down Main St. to get out? Walking all the way to IASW from DCA just to see it lit up? Forget that! We were just dreading walking back through the parking structure. So we were back on the road by 6:30, but at least I got home in time to watch Grey’s Anatomy.

By the way - I didn't notice any Year of A Million Dreams anything, but probably because I was too busy having so much fun. :D

Rkkm
11-18-2006, 11:59 AM
DRAT! (I mean for me, not you!) I had planned to have a Ditch Day from school on the 16th so I could frolick in the Park. Then decided at the last minute that I really needed to see my kids through the unit we are doing. But, I have it on my calendar for next year .. the Thursday before the Thanksgiving! Thanks for the great report!

raediance
11-18-2006, 12:27 PM
What was I thinking? :confused: - Staying for fireworks and having to fight our way down Main St. to get out? Walking all the way to IASW from DCA just to see it lit up? Forget that! We were just dreading walking back through the parking structure.

We waited a little bit before we went back to the car. =] The train's line was wayyyy to long, so we also had to grudge our tired feet back through main street. Even an hour after fireworks, we were probably walking .2 miles/hour through main street!

Malcon10t
11-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Great report! Glad to hear the lines were good for you!