PDA

View Full Version : Need fast advice: What do I do with an extra ticket?

sashachamp
11-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I need quick advice. Hope this isn't too confusing:

Through my cousin's work, she's able to get DL tickets at a discounted rate. DH, myself and our two young DD's are planning on going to DL tomorrow. I gave her money for 3 tickets (2 adults & 1 child since our youngest DD just turned two so she gets in free). I guess my cousin fogot how young our DD was because she just brought over the tickets, but she bought 4 tickets instead of 3. So now we owe my cousin extra money for a ticket we don't need. It's non-refundable so she can't return it at her work. What do we do now? She asked if we can sell it to someone in the ticket line tomorrow, but truthfully I don't know if I feel comfortable doing that. It's a child's admission for $44, instead of the $53 they charge at the gate. So someone would end up saving $9, but how do I approach someone? And can I get in trouble with DL by doing that? I was really looking forward to a wonderful day at DL tomorrow, but now I'm stressed out.

Any advice???

Thanks,
Sasha

adriennek
11-16-2006, 08:30 PM
It's a child's admission for $44, instead of the $53 they charge at the gate. So someone would end up saving $9, but how do I approach someone? And can I get in trouble with DL by doing that? I was really looking forward to a wonderful day at DL tomorrow, but now I'm stressed out.

Any advice???

I'm not an expert - but - I think that as long as you sell it for face value, you won't get in trouble. So if it cost $44 and you sell it for $44, you should be ok.

Now. It's Disney. So they could decide to do whatever they want.

You might talk to people on the tram in from the parking structure with kids, even before you hit the ticket line.

Adrienne

ralfrick
11-17-2006, 07:37 AM
In California, the law is that you can resell tickets, but not on the property of the event in regards to sports and concerts or, presumeably, theme parks. However, I had an all day pass that was about to expire last summer for the SC Boardwalk, and I just strolled up to somone scanning the prices and offered mine at a discount, which he took. So, while technically against the rules, it won't be like the parking lot for a playoff game where police are actively looking for scalpers. You're unlikely to have problems from that in DL. The one I could foresee is if you have to approach several people before getting a taker, which could draw attention to yourself. If you're worried about the legal aspects, you could step off Disney property and try on Harbor Blvd by the entrance. Of course, the hotel crowd will mostly have/want multiday tickets.

Alternatively, you could try ebay, but a lot are wary of buying them there. If you have a good reputation on ebay, there probably won't be problems. Good luck.

A bientot

rosie
11-17-2006, 04:19 PM
You post on Dis Boards too don't you? I've always wondered who "lives" at both places.

Malcon10t
11-19-2006, 07:04 AM
So, what did you end up doing?

sashachamp
11-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for asking. Unfortunately I still have the ticket. DH & I tried to sell it near the ticket lines for about 15 minutes, until we finally found a family that wanted to buy it. We decided to sell it for $40 (which would have been a savings of $13). Right as we were about to give them the ticket a CM came up to us and said that it wasn't allowed. Needless to say, it wasn't a great way to start the day...

Sasha

danyoung
11-22-2006, 11:51 AM
If it's a non-expiring ticket, why not just bank it? It'll sit there in the drawer, talking to you, urging you that it's been a while since you hit the parks, and won't it be a lovely weekend this weekend???

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
11-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks for asking. Unfortunately I still have the ticket. DH & I tried to sell it near the ticket lines for about 15 minutes, until we finally found a family that wanted to buy it. We decided to sell it for $40 (which would have been a savings of $13). Right as we were about to give them the ticket a CM came up to us and said that it wasn't allowed. Needless to say, it wasn't a great way to start the day...

Sasha

Quite honestly, that does not surprise me, but I didn't want to rain on your parade. Sorry. You could always eBay it.

sashachamp
11-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Unfortunately the ticket expires on 12/14/06, otherwise we would love to hold on to it and use it sometime early next year. I'm going to try to sell it through Craig's List (which I've never used before). If not, my aunt said she would use it to take her grandsons to DL within the next couple of weeks.

Even though it was my cousin's mistake, I feel obligated to try to sell the ticket for her so she's not out $44.

Thanks for the replies!

Sasha :)

dsnydon
11-22-2006, 07:33 PM
If you bought the ticket at Disneyland a refund can be worked out. I know the back of the ticket says no refunds, but rather have you try and sell the ticket it may be refunded. If you got the ticket at some place other then the Park, it can be mailed to Ticket Service's for a full refund. All you need to do is ask at any ticket booth for the address.

sashachamp
11-22-2006, 08:05 PM
The ticket was not bought at DL. It was through the concierge at my cousin's office. The CM that told us we couldn't sell the ticket there went to get us the address to Ticket Services, but we he realized the ticket was a discount ticket bought somewhere else, he said Ticket Services couldn't do anything. My cousin tried to return the ticket to her concierge, but they wouldn't refund her money either. That's why we're stuck.

Thanks anyway!

Sasha

ktrm
11-23-2006, 08:11 AM
I recentely had some ticket issues at Disneyland, and I was told by one CM that I could not upgrade at the discounted price. When I went to guest relations, however, and explained the situation politely, they upgraded it. I suggest you get the address of ticket services anyway and not go on the advice of one CM.

By the way, from now on I am going to pay extra special attention to expiration dates on the tickets. My mom bought her ticket from the the Disney Store this November and it expired January 2008 while I bought mine at AAA this November and it expired January 2007. Its bizarre how all these tickets and their policies regarding upgrading and expirations are so very different. It seems like companies like AAA and you cousin's office buy a bulk amount of tickets in early January and hold on to them until the next January so you could have bought them Dec 1 and they would still expire Dec 14th. They just hold on to them and never update them until the last possible minute (probably Dec 13). Not a great deal if you have to cancel your trip or have a problem like you did. If my mom had had to cancel this last trip (which is always a strong possibility with my dad health), she would have had over a year to plan another trip to Disneyland without her $149 ticket expiring.

dsnydon
11-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Listen to KTRM. Ticket services does not care where the ticket was bought as long as it has a price on it and it's not used they will refund it. They want you to come back and if you feel you are not getting good service you might not come back. If you still have the address make a copy of the ticket mail in the original, with a short note why you could not use the ticket and you will be refunded.

Malcon10t
11-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Listen to KTRM. Ticket services does not care where the ticket was bought as long as it has a price on it and it's not used they will refund it. They want you to come back and if you feel you are not getting good service you might not come back. If you still have the address make a copy of the ticket mail in the original, with a short note why you could not use the ticket and you will be refunded.Good luck. They generally will not do this when you have purchased a discounted ticket. I would not mail the ticket.

sierranevada
11-24-2006, 07:30 AM
What about trying to contact ticket services and see if they will at least replace the ticket with a new ticket with a longer expiration date?