PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Calendar, Jan 8-12

DangerMouse
11-16-2006, 09:20 AM
The calendar is listing mid-week showings of Fantasmic at 7:30. I have never seen them do this before and am wondering if it is perhaps another DL calendar typo?

Anyone know? Darkbeer?

DangerMouse
11-16-2006, 03:08 PM
over 60 viewings, and no one has any idea?

I have only seen F! shown on weekends. Am I wrong to think this is a fluke?

Darkbeer
11-16-2006, 03:30 PM
They are not having a parade Monday thru Thursday (Switchover from the Christmas Parade, which ends the 7th to the Parade of Dreams.) Looks like Disney has decided to offer Fantasmic! instead.

DangerMouse
11-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Yea! I'll take F! over a parade any day. Thanks so much, Darkbeer!

One more question, do you think it's a crazy impossible idea to try to see the last EP at 8:45 and then hop over to DL to see the last showing of Believe at 9:25?

Darkbeer
11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
One more question, do you think it's a crazy impossible idea to try to see the last EP at 8:45 and then hop over to DL to see the last showing of Believe at 9:25?

It is very hard to do, Disney now starts the Electrical Parade in the Route 66 area, top try and keep folks from going over to Disneyland. And usually the CM's at the turnstiles are slow on purpose (They give some CM's a break to keep from creating a traffic jam on Main Street).

brizite
11-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm excited Fantasmic! will be showing that week since that is the week we are going to Disneyland. I saw on the calendar it had it listed, but I wasn't sure if it was a mistake, just like OP stated. It's a bummer there are no parades, but I love Fantasmic! yay!:D

pisces
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM

It's possible.

I managed to do this every day of Christmas/New Years week last year.

You cut it close, but if you are willing to forego a seat at the fireworks, and perhaps view standing, strolling about......then it can be done.

There are two ways to do it: You could make sure to get a seat for the EP way down near the pier where it begins. EP ends early from there. You can then cut through the Grand Californian and make your way to the Main Gate.

Or, you can just follow the end of the EP as it heads to Sunshine Plaza, and as the parade veers right, you veer left out through the DCA Gates and over to the Maingate.

Either way, if you sit far enough down towards where EP begins......you will finish early such that you can make your way over to the Park in time.

You do have to sort of hustle though. But it absolutely can be done.

And usually the CM's at the turnstiles are slow on purpose

I don't believe that.

Any jam at the turnstiles, I've noticed, comes from Guests who don't have their tickets ready, or guests wanting to chat and ask mindless questions, while we are all waiting behind them, chomping at the bit to get in.

It's not CMs who are holding up the turnstiles. It's guests who keep yammering on, or arguing. Step to the side and let the line through. Ask your questions later, or way before!