PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel checks luggage... [after checkout]

jMom
11-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Just thought I'd share with anyone who was like me and didn't know about this -- on our last day at the DLH, we checked out at 11 (busy weekend and could not do late checkout) the man helpinig us with our luggage told me that they could have held our luggage for us all day :eek:

That would have changed our plans, I can tell you!

Opus1guy
11-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Glad you discovered this! I'm sure you'll find it useful in the future. :)

And FYI...they'll even store your luggage if you arrive too early for check-in.

This is actually a service that almost all hotels (and many motels) have always offered to early arriving and late departing guests.

Many hotels even take this to the extreme and offer longer-term storage. For example, the Sheraton London Heathrow Airport Hotel advertises their "Home Away From Home" program for their frequent guests. This allows me to leave luggage there for longer periods of time that contains clothes and toiletries and such, so that I don't have to schlep so much (or anything) along with me on each trip. They'll even launder the clothes if needed (for a charge, of course) while you're gone if you wish. So when I arrive back to England...I've got clothes and stuff already there waiting for me. :)

One thing I would add though...be sure not to check anything really valuable with or in your luggage...like jewelery or laptops and such. Be sure to check those types items into a safe deposit box or the Manager's Safe at the Front Desk. They'll be safer there and then they will be covered by a larger hotel/insurance claim maximum if they are lost or stolen.

Tinkermommy
11-16-2006, 08:20 PM
they could have held our luggage for us all day :eek:

That would have changed our plans, I can tell you!

Not only that, but if you want one, they'll give you a gate key that will let you use the Neverland pool after check-out on your check-out day. This always works out really well for us!

Opus1guy
11-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Not only that, but if you want one, they'll give you a gate key that will let you use the Neverland pool after check-out on your check-out day. This always works out really well for us!

Good tip! :)

Might also add that many hotels will also offer free use of the Health Club/Fitness Center lockers and showers to late departing Guests, if you wish to freshen up before heading out to the airport or your long drive.

In that same vein...still other hotels offer the use of a special "Day Room" they have set aside for such late departing Guests. It's basically a regular room (usually without the bed and with a living room set-up instead) that's refreshed by maids after each use. You have it for as long as it takes you to shower and change (about an hour)...and then maids come in to clean it and refresh the towels etc. I've used those types many times and they can be real lifesavers. Many airport hotels and resort hotels (such as in Hawaii) have such special rooms set aside for guests departing on late flights and such.

Never hurts to ask what facilities and/or services might be made available to you that day, after you've given up your guestroom.

:)

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
11-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Good tip! :)

Might also add that many hotels will also offer free use of the Health Club/Fitness Center lockers and showers to late departing Guests, if you wish to freshen up before heading out to the airport or your long drive.

In that same vein...still other hotels offer the use of a special "Day Room" they have set aside for such late departing Guests. It's basically a regular room (usually without the bed and with a living room set-up instead) that's refreshed by maids after each use. You have it for as long as it takes you to shower and change (about an hour)...and then maids come in to clean it and refresh the towels etc. I've used those types many times and they can be real lifesavers. Many airport hotels and resort hotels (such as in Hawaii) have such special rooms set aside for guests departing on late flights and such.

Never hurts to ask what facilities and/or services might be made available to you that day, after you've given up your guestroom.

:)

You are brilliant. Thanks for that tip. That will certainly come in handy at some point.