PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: "early entry"

Eigenbreakfast
11-15-2006, 05:43 PM
My god I love this site. You are all completely crazed and I feel...like...I'm...not...alone anymore. I've been obsessed with Disneyland ever since my first trip in 1976 when we lived in SoCal-- the trip that was not to be because my Mom broke her toe on the way out the front door. (Atheist to this day. There can be no god that would do this to a 6yo boy.)

Allright, I'm in full D-land obsession mode now (it's going to be 31 degrees tonight in Kansas) and I've pored over all my "materials" for the post thanksgiving trip to the DLR, and I'm stuck on something about my "early entry" thing into Fantasyland on, say, tuesday the 28th.

1) Park opens at 10 am, does this mean I can get into fantasyland at 9 with my early entry pass? Or does this mean that the non-voucher-endowed must wait until 11am to enter fantasyland, while I breeze in at park opening?

2) Should I use the voucher on Monday or Tuesday? Monday has the morning madness, so I'm thinking people like me who have both kinds of vouchers will trapse into toontown on monday, leaving Fantasyland relatively empty?

New topic - sort of:

3) Should I bother with the morning madness at all? Or just hit toontown early on a day when it's not "madness" to plop the boy (turning two at the park *sniff* -wiping tears of keyboard:crying: - I'm OK now) on to Mickey's lap?

4) More questions in other post

Thanks!

wenidog
11-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Early entry means you get in before official opening time (to the specific areas available, usually Tomorrow Land/Fantasy Land or Toontown.) In this case 9:00am. The General public is held back by a rope at the end of Main Street which is dropped at 10:00am.

DangerMouse
11-15-2006, 07:37 PM
I think TTMM works this way (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong): Park opening is at 10:00 am. Toon town offically opens to the public one hour after park opening, at 11:00 am, which means TTMM is at 10:00 am. Therefore, you could actually do both EE and TTMM on the same day, if you want.

However, I would use TTMM on Monday, and do EE on Tuesday. Unless of course, you are staying at one of the DLR hotels, in which case you can go to EE both days. :)

emmah
11-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi there, welcome to the madness! You should make sure you are at the front gate (the early entry gate is off to the side, make sure you look up for the proper queue) 15 minutes before opening (ie 8.45) and make your way up to fantasyland without stopping to peter pan - you want to jump on straight away because by 9.10am there will be a queue and it won't go away all day! its often not just fantasyland that is open - space mountain and buzz are also sometimes open. as for TTMM... you should go - its a great way to meet the characters and its fun in a low key sort of way. If you decide not to go to MM, keep clear of TT on days when MM is happening, because the crowd from MM clog up the works and it does not slow down all day.

SeansMom
11-16-2006, 03:25 PM
How many days will you be in the park and what hotel are you staying in? I think (although somebody correct me if I'm wrong), you'll have the chance to do more than one EE if you are staying onsite.

Oh, and welcome to the Disney Obsessed crowd! We'll be there the 28th, as well. Have fun!

DangerMouse
11-16-2006, 05:14 PM
I believe the OP said in another post that they are staying at the GCH. So yes, if DLR is still offering this feature, they will be able to attend EE both days.

Mushka
11-16-2006, 06:24 PM
As a Disney newbie, I loved the EE. We stayed at the PP and really found that the EE was great, especially for Fantasyland. Otherwise, it was hopelessly mired in strollers and desperate looking families with small children, waiting in reaaallllyyyy long line-ups. Getting one's Dumbo fix should not require an hours' wait.