PDA

View Full Version : the dreaded GCH DCA entrance question!

brizite
11-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I know this always comes up, but I will ask it again (sorry everyone). We are staying at the DLH and one morning we are eating at the Chip & Dale breakfast at the GCH. Can we use the GCH exit to go to DCA after we eat? Do we just show our DLH room key? I've read that we can just show our receipt, but we booked the breakfast with an AAA package and we are getting vouchers for the breakfast (which means probably no receipt since it's prepaid).
Thanks,
Alison

Sguidgit
11-14-2006, 10:24 PM
I believe that if you stay at any of the Disney Hotels (DLH, PP, or GCH) you can use that entry, but I may be mistaken. When we stayed at the DLH (last year) we went through the GCH to DCA and were asked to show our room key and in we went. I think it's the same way now, but someone else can know for sure.

Darkbeer
11-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Any of the Three Disney owned Hotel guests can use the Grand Californian entrance. It opens at 9:30 AM, and they want to see a room key or a charge slip.

In the afternoon, they really don't care about the room key, just the morning hours. And the policy really is only to apply to "first entry", so someone who exits DCA into GCH should be allowed back into the park after having a meal at Whitewater Snacks, Napa Rose, Storyteller's Cafe, or a drink at the Hearthstone Lounge.

bassett1976
11-15-2006, 10:21 AM
My wife and I have gone through the GCH entrance a few times. We have been told that if we are not guests we must show a receipt showing we were at the GCH (like White Water Snacks/etc.). I also remember them telling us that they usually don't allow non hotel guests (even with receipt) to use the entrance before 2 or 3 pm.