PDA

View Full Version : GCH Pool Bar

Niele
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Anyone know if the outside bar is open during the holidays? In particular Dec. 19 - 22nd? :p

Darkbeer
11-14-2006, 05:14 PM
More than likely not.

You can go to the Hearthstone Lounge, which is near the pool area, and they will be happy to place your drinks in plastic so you can take it to the pool.

Niele
11-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Darkbeer, you are the "all knowing".... thank you so much for the info and tip. After I asked that question I started thinking why on earth would I go outside to get a marguerita in the winter?!! We were there in July last time and it was very appropriate. I love the idea about the Hearthstone Lounge, I'm sure they'll have something warm and toasty to serve. mahalo and aloha.

mjjpower
11-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Do you think the pools are warm enough to swim in? My girls will be disappointed if they can't utilize the water slides and such. Anyone know if they heat them well in the winter?

Darkbeer
11-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Do you think the pools are warm enough to swim in? My girls will be disappointed if they can't utilize the water slides and such. Anyone know if they heat them well in the winter?

The Main Pool should be heated, they might not offer the slides. I have seen them closed in the off-season before.

Niele
11-16-2006, 01:15 PM
The Main Pool should be heated, they might not offer the slides. I have seen them closed in the off-season before.

Noooooooo! :crying: my grandkids loved the slide last time... maybe with the strange weather we've had lately it will be nice and somewhat warm when we go in mid December, I can wish upon a star ......:rolleyes:

momtoo2
11-16-2006, 01:32 PM
But isn't Dec 19 to the 22 considered peak season? I mean crowd wise this week according to other posts and the hours for DL and DCA are maxed out..thus making it peak season? Or is it off season for say hotel stuff? My guess is if the hotel is full they will have the slide working...but then I don't make the decisions :)
I know last year we went to WDW's WL in early Dec. (totally off season) and it was coooollld and the slide was open (much to my joy since we spent thousands and all my kids wanted to do was go on the slide).

CarlieB
11-16-2006, 01:58 PM
We swam in mid-December there a couple of years ago. It wasn't incredibly warm, but it was manageable. The hot tub is fantastic!

Niele
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Thank you all for the information .... I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter what. It sounds like it will be the peak season (thanks momtoo2I) do think the hot tub may be the place to go (thanks CarlieB), and with a glass of wine from the Hearstone Lounge (thanks, Darkbeer) -LOL-