PDA

View Full Version : DownTown Disney Parking Question

SoCalSteven
11-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Anyone know when the Downtown Disney parking lot opens?

I want to go to Granville's for an early breakfast (the open at 7am I believe). Can I park in the DTD parking lot and walk to the hotel? Do I need reservations for breakfast at Granville's?

Also, for any locals. I'm going to be coming from the Southeast in the city of Orange. Should I take surface streets or hop on the freeway?

Darkbeer
11-14-2006, 12:21 PM
The DtD Parking Lot is open 24 hours a day, In the early morning, many delivery folks use the lot to drop things off to the stores, etc. They tend to not staff the exit booths until around Noon.

But you can park in the Main Disneyland Hotel Parking Lot for free (5 hours maximum) with validation from Granville's/Steakhouse 55.

SoCalSteven
11-14-2006, 12:36 PM
What is the easiest way to access the Disneyland hotel parking lot coming from the south? Where would I be parking in the map linked below?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1026+E+Chapman+Ave,+Orange,+CA+92866+(D ettoff+Alvin+DC+Inc)+%4033.787848,-117.842869&daddr=disneyland+anaheim,+ca&f=l&hl=en&dq=chiropractic+loc:+orange,+ca&cid=33787848,-117842869,16095672680620325552&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=33.808571,-117.925315&spn=0.008612,0.014505&t=h&om=1

Also, does that mean I can come and go free and clear before noon?

Darkbeer
11-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I would either go straight up Harbor Blvd (and avoid the freeways), or take the I-5 to Harbor Blvd (not Disney way).

Either way, take Harbor Blvd North to Ball Road, just north of I-5. Make a left.

Then Left again on Disneyland Drive (make sure and stay in the right lane of the 2 left turn lanes), follow the signage that talks about the Hotels.

Make a right at Magic Way. Go straight thru the first light (this is the DtD entrance). Make a left at you next opportunity (Signage will state Disneyland Hotel.) Stop at the Ticket machines, and follow the directions to park.

SoCalSteven
11-14-2006, 01:02 PM
So you can't get to Disneyland Drive from Katella?

Darkbeer
11-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Yes, you could make a right (north) on Disneyland Drive from Katella (basically the corner where California Screamin' is). Go up 3 lights, and make a left on Magic Way.

kenzmom2cu
11-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Wow someone knows their direction!! I love you!!

ucube
11-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Thinking of going to the parks for a few hours...
Is it CLOSER and EASIER to park at Downtown Disney rather than that mega parking structure?

(I see that the first three hours are free at Downtown Disney...thus thought maybe better to park there if you're only going to the park for a few hours).

Help?

Another Dimension
11-15-2006, 11:08 AM
CLOSER and EASIER?

It's a longer walk thru DtD to the parks than it is when walking from the Eisnerplex and using a tram, but yes... it is much easier in DtD, sometimes.

Enjoy the extra walking and watch your time! :)

SoCalSteven
11-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Having just come back from doing that, DTD parking has got to be about the same distance on foot to the main gate as the parking structure. I'd take the structure and tram, but for quick trips (like using a shopping pass) it is a good way to go.

BTW, I parked in the DL Hotel Parking this morning at 7am and when I left around 8am they were not even checking parking permits. Same with DTD, parked at 9:30am and no check when I left at 11am.

FYI, don't take Chapman to go east from DLR, way too slow, and don't try to take the 22 to the 5 back to DLR, there is major construction. :(

AVP
11-15-2006, 05:35 PM
BTW, I parked in the DL Hotel Parking this morning at 7am and when I left around 8am they were not even checking parking permits. Same with DTD, parked at 9:30am and no check when I left at 11am.Be aware that this changes if there are events in the hotel, and if there is an elevated security presence. I've been at the hotel parking lot in the early morning when there was an event going on, and they required people to pay for their parking in advance unless they could prove they were a registered hotel guest. I've also noticed that on days when the Resort is on security alert that they tend to staff that booth earlier, and be MUCH less forgiving of going over the 20 minutes. You have a 20-minute "grace period" to park in the Disneyland Hotel lot, and they will usually charge you if you're over at all. I've been stuck in a long line to exit the lot and had to pay because I was 2 minutes over by the time I got to the booth.

AVP

cstephens
11-15-2006, 06:41 PM
I've been stuck in a long line to exit the lot and had to pay because I was 2 minutes over by the time I got to the booth.

OT: Me at Hollywood and Highland by less than a minute, and I was MAD!