PDA

View Full Version : It's A Small World, No Fastpass?

Pages : [1] 2

Tony P
11-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Is it true that there is no fastpass for "It's A Small World" anymore? Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
Tony

samkj
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I didn't know there ever was. The line moves really fast, so it not really a problem.

DisneyDustin22
11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
the line moves fast. plus why would you want to run past all the pretty lights? ;)

TowerofTerror
11-13-2006, 08:25 PM
i was there yesterday I was shocked to see no fast pass offered for the ride. I went first thing in the morning and there was line

carolyn
11-13-2006, 08:43 PM
On busy days we try to go on Small World during the parade. Usually the line is much shorter (or non-existant) during those times. If you want to also watch the parade, try watching from as close to the entrance to IASW as possible and then dash into line as soon as the parade ends.

darph nader
11-13-2006, 09:08 PM
i was there yesterday I was shocked to see no fast pass offered for the ride. I went first thing in the morning and there was line
How long was the line? Please do NOT take this wrong,but there will always be lines. At MVD,the grocery store,the movies,the restrooms at major events.Heck even to get IN to DL.It's a fact of life.:cool:

biolabetty
11-13-2006, 09:35 PM
We were there on Friday and the line was long, but it never stopped moving while we were in it. Just remember that when the line does split after you reach the true entrance, go to the right side. It truly is faster. I've tested it numerous times by picking someone along side us at the beginning of that area. Every time we have already been loaded on a boat when our "test person" is still coming around the corner past the trees.

Darkbeer
11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
"it's a small world holiday" only had Fastpass for a year or two, and I think it has been 3 years since they stopped offering it.

joannabanana
11-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Darkbeer is omniscient! I love it!

Viva La Disney
11-14-2006, 12:38 AM
I really don;t think that a Fastpass is needed. The line moves pretty fast. I've never really had to wait for too long.

backsthepack
11-14-2006, 05:18 AM
I didn't realize that there was ever a fast pass for it. Anyway, like everyone else said, that line moves very, very fast. Never had to wait long to get on it.

FantasmicFan82
11-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Agreed, I think FP just slowed it down with confusion. The FP area and sign used to block seeing IASW from afar.

carolyn
11-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I was there on Wednesday evening, around 5:30. Both sides were open and the line extended just to the main entrance of the queue (right where the handicapped entrance is). We were in line for 8 minutes total. So while the line looked kind of line, it was super quick.

Malcon10t
11-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I've seen the line go back and wrap around up on the (can't remember the name, stage by where the motor boats were) and even so, the line was still only about 20 -25 minutes. I had friends go last weekend (APers who didn't expect it to be busy) and they said the line was never longer than 20 mins and they rode it 10-15 times (daughter is 1, wondering how much brain damage is being done....)

Tony P
11-17-2006, 06:53 PM
We have been going the same weekend in December for the last 5 years and it always had a FP. I was just wondering why they didn't have it anymore. Thanks for the responses.
Tony

Malcon10t
11-17-2006, 07:26 PM
We have been going the same weekend in December for the last 5 years and it always had a FP. I was just wondering why they didn't have it anymore. Thanks for the responses.
Tony
Hmm, interesting. Have you skipped a couple years? I know they didn't have it last year or the year before. I skipped 2004, so don't know if it was there then or not. I know they had it in the early 2000s.

Tony P
11-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure how that could be when my wife has a Small World fastpass from last year? Go figure;) .

Tony

brizite
11-17-2006, 07:54 PM
When I went last year in November (17-24) there was no FP for Small World. Maybe they only have it in December then? Isn't that when you said they normally have it? Maybe they only pull it out right around Christmas time?

Tony P
11-17-2006, 08:03 PM
That is so strange. We usually go the weekend after Thanksgiving (has always been the Candlelight weekend) but last year we went the week before Thanksgiving (Thurs - Monday).

Malcon10t
11-17-2006, 08:26 PM
That is so strange. We usually go the weekend after Thanksgiving (has always been the Candlelight weekend) but last year we went the week before Thanksgiving (Thurs - Monday).We go each year from Christmas thru New Years (we are gluttons for punishment.) Maybe they took it out sometime between those dates. I know when they first switched to the holiday version they installed the fastpass machines, but when we have been there the last 2-3 years, they have not had FPs.

Tony P
11-17-2006, 08:31 PM
We were there before Thanksgiving. If I can find someone with a scanner I will take it out of my Wife's scrapbook & post a picture of it so you all don't think I'm crazy ;) .

Tony

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
11-17-2006, 08:38 PM
I was there on Wednesday evening, around 5:30. Both sides were open and the line extended just to the main entrance of the queue (right where the handicapped entrance is). We were in line for 8 minutes total. So while the line looked kind of line, it was super quick.

I think that we were on the same boat! I was just going to post that I was there at 5:30 on Wednesday night and waited for 8 minutes. :)

raediance
11-18-2006, 12:29 PM
I didn't know there ever was. The line moves really fast, so it not really a problem.
Yeah, I went yesterday and the line was extremely fast. We went in the evening after fireworks.

Cute signature too. =]

disneycraig
11-18-2006, 04:59 PM
How long was the line? Please do NOT take this wrong,but there will always be lines. At MVD,the grocery store,the movies,the restrooms at major events.Heck even to get IN to DL.It's a fact of life.:cool:

But why? You got me thinking. I think they should install Fastpass at the grocery store, movie theaters, and restrooms, too. And for the entrance line to get into Disneyland.

And maybe a Fastpass for the Fastpass Ticket queue. There's always a line there, too.

screamin4ever
11-18-2006, 05:56 PM
We were there on Friday and the line was long, but it never stopped moving while we were in it. Just remember that when the line does split after you reach the true entrance, go to the right side. It truly is faster. I've tested it numerous times by picking someone along side us at the beginning of that area. Every time we have already been loaded on a boat when our "test person" is still coming around the corner past the trees.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Do not let out secrets like this. There is also a faster side to wait in on Haunted Mansion. But if everyone knows then you know what will happen.