PDA

View Full Version : New fireworks and effects used in Believe in Holiday Magic

Mickey
11-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Last nite I saw Believe in Holiday Magic and YES YES YES!:fez: there are new fireworks on the show, and in front of the castle.Great timing with the lighting on the castle, new colors, great show!
Finally updated ...to a 2006 version!

Go see it!

fidoprincess
11-13-2006, 03:45 PM
So is it like the last fireworks show where the best spot was right in front of the castle? Projections like that? Or anywhere on Main Street find? We leave Thursday and wonder if it is worth staking out a spot as we loved the last show!

Darkbeer
11-13-2006, 05:03 PM
As I understand it, there ae no projections, just a light show. You can see the same basic show at the Castle, or in front of small world.

chrisaustx
11-13-2006, 07:15 PM
This is not true Darkbeer, obviously you have not seen the show. The new effects are amazing, and worth standing in front of the castle an hour in advance for. I took two people to Disneyland last night, who were expecting the old Believe in Holiday Magic show, they loved the new effects on the castle and said it made the drive down worth while.

Mommy2NicknMax
11-14-2006, 09:46 AM
I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it but please do see it from in front of the castle at least once. There are some changes and one change in particular that is my new favorite! Totally beautiful!!!!

chrisaustx
11-14-2006, 09:51 AM
I found this video on you tube that was shot this weekend, I think I was standing behind the guy who was shooting this video. You can see the new effects in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcnB9YnQGy8

Seashellmama
11-14-2006, 11:07 AM
One thing to note, as we discovered... unlike some fireworks shows in the past, Small World closes for these! We had a very sad five year old at 7pm yesterday, wanting to ride Small World one last time (she got over it, though, once the fireworks show started!)

Another Dimension
11-14-2006, 12:19 PM
It's a Small World will close for Believe in Holiday Magic, when a wind warning warrants it... just like Small World always did for Believe and Remember when necessary...

AFAIK, IaSW doesn't 'cycle out & close' every single time just before the fireworks, only when safety necessitates it.

Seashellmama
11-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Huh! OK. Thanks.

Another Dimension
11-14-2006, 07:55 PM
I saw Believe in Holiday Magic 2006 from the Hub tonight (11/14)... and I'd say it looks at least 75% new.

It's not a new soundtrack at all... but the pyro arrangements are much different than in the past... and the Castle fires many more fireworks than it ever has during Holiday Magic before.

Steven Davison tops himself again!! :D

sjcivilady
11-14-2006, 08:08 PM
wow, great video! I so cannot wait for my next trip in December!

mousemom
11-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much for sharing that video! It looks like I probably won't make it this year and seeing the fireworks helped me get over that a bit. Great filming!

Niwel
11-15-2006, 03:18 PM
So besides IASW and Toontown... remind me what else shuts down for the fireworks?

ETA: not that I'd be doing anything at that time BUT seeing the fireworks, though :)

MouseWife
11-15-2006, 03:25 PM
As I understand it, there ae no projections, just a light show. You can see the same basic show at the Castle, or in front of small world.

Did I understand this, Darkbeer, to mean that in front of IaSW they also have a show?

This is what I took it to mean. Not that it isn't worth it to stand in front of the castle but that you can see the same thing in front of IaSW?

This would be great because there are only so many spaces in front of either place and the crowds can be horrible.

And, it would make me have to be there two nights instead of one.

raediance
11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Last nite I saw Believe in Holiday Magic and YES YES YES!:fez: there are new fireworks on the show, and in front of the castle.Great timing with the lighting on the castle, new colors, great show!
Finally updated ...to a 2006 version!

Go see it!
I can't wait for this one! =] We saw a little bit of it one day when we were leaving, from the Mickey and Friends parking structure, but this Sunday I plan to see it all!

Darkbeer
11-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I was at the park tonight, and watched the show in front of the castle.

NO Projections during the fireworks, but a basic Snowflake effect during the Snow.

As I understand it, the same thing happens at the small world area, nothing during the fireworks (except for some change in the facade color), and some "basic" projections during the snow effect after the fireworks. Nothing like what was offered during the Remember show....

FantasmicFan82
11-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Saw the fireworks on the 10th. As AnotherD said, same soundtrack, stick with what works, and it works well.

My fav spot to watch has to be on Main Street. Just to the right, avoid the tree in front of the castle (left). I tend to get better snow there, it's the only place that's protected from wind blowing it away.

AaronInCal
11-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Got to see the show at Small World tonight, and YES there are projections onto the Small World facade during the show, much like what they did with Remember. They have many parts where they acutally outlined the many different shapes that are all over the facade with different colors. It was really cool! (They also do this during the little show they do every 15 minutes during the evening.) Also, cartoon clips from holiday shows with Mickey and Chip 'n Dale and others are used against a background of snow falling. So again, the Castle and Small World are good for watching the fireworks. Just keep in mind with Small World, they do tend to close the ride and have a rope up to where you can't stand in front of the ride. They did this tonight, so it was a bit more crowded over there.

cassatt
11-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Last weekend was the first time I'd seen Believe in Holiday Magic, and I definitely recommend sticking close to the Castle or Main Street. The first night, we were late to the party and were forced to watch midway between the Matterhorn and IASW. We walked away feeling that these fireworks were simply not that magical... better than most shows out there, but still, we felt underwhelmed, given what we'd read online about them. However, the second night, we were in the Hub, and what a difference that made. Everyone, including us, was oohing and ahhing with delight.

AaronInCal
11-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Just saw some pics from the MIBoards of the Small World projections used during the fireworks. Check them out:

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81241