PDA

View Full Version : Writing Disneyland

DisneylandKid
05-21-2002, 05:09 AM
Who reads the e-mails that people send to Disneyland through disneyland.com? Is is helpful to send these e-mails to complain about the parks conditions? I know that I personally have sent two e-mails (one regarding how you can see light from backstage on the nighttime trips around the ROA, and the second being how much painting is needed). Does anyone TRUTHFULLY know the answers to these questions?

Matterhorn Fan
05-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Since email is such an informal (and temporary) method of communication, if you're serious about something, you should follow up an email with a regular letter (i.e., put a letter in the mail the day you send the email). You can mention in your email that your complaint/query/whatever it is will be followed up in hard copy. In your letter, if you're sending it to more than one person, at the bottom you should include a "cc" list of who else you've sent copies of the same letter to. It's a little confrontational (and sometimes annoying), but it lets the person you're writing to know you're serious and not just typing off hate mail in a fit of passion).

Additionally, you can go to City Hall and fill out a form there, too.

I don't know who reads these things. You're apt to get a form letter back. If you get one back that does not answer your questions/concerns, you can always mail back copies of your letter and their response with a new letter that addresses the fact that they have not covered your specific concerns and see what happens. Maybe if you ask someone to actually read your letter and send a personal response, you'll get one, but it still won't say "OK, we're going to start painting tomorrow because of your letter." All a personal response means is that someone has actually read your letter and that you've been heard.

Persistance pays off sometimes. Just be sure to be professional and somewhat nice about it all. If you want to get someone's attention, you'd do best to write a smart, rational letter. Otherwise yours is just another piece of hate mail, and it's likely to get put in the "permenant file."

I'm not claiming that even smart, rational letters will catch the attention of the higher-ups at Disney or effect any changes, but if you really want to (attempt to be) heard, those are my best suggestions.

Gemini Cricket
05-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
Who reads the e-mails that people send to Disneyland through disneyland.com? Is is helpful to send these e-mails to complain about the parks conditions? I know that I personally have sent two e-mails (one regarding how you can see light from backstage on the nighttime trips around the ROA, and the second being how much painting is needed). Does anyone TRUTHFULLY know the answers to these questions?
Snail mail them. It's the best way to get a response.
Disneyland Resort
P.O. Box 3232
1313 S. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232

Or call them:
Helpful Telephone Numbers

Disneyland® Resort Information (recorded) (714) 781-4565†
Disneyland Resort Information (operator) (714) 781-7290†
Disneyland® Travel Packages (800) 225-2024†
Disneyland Resort Hotels (714) 956-6425†

MonorailMan
05-21-2002, 06:51 PM
†Remember if your under 18, you must have parental consent before calling this number.
:D

Lacrosse Boy
05-23-2002, 04:29 AM
Write Disney! (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=566&highlight=Stomping)

I posted that thread sometime ago on the boards.