PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Seating

LaurensMom
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I know you can get premium seating for the Fantasmic shows... for us folks who lag on reserving the seats, can anyone tell me the best place for the free sitting? We are taking our 2 year old in 2 wks to DL and want to watch the 9pm show... I can sucker my mom into holding seats for us but I do not know where the best place to sit is, and what is going to be the easiest for us (myself, hubby and the lil' one) to get to her once it starts to get crowded. Suggestions....

raediance
11-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Quoting thread http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=971617#post971617:

River-front seating is really hard to get, especially when some *ahem* unpleasant people are around. It was hard for my little cousins, and even myself, to see well from standing unless you're the first one there. I think that it would be a good idea to let someone wait at a table about half an hour before, while the crowds not yet there. The rest of the group can go to Pirates or something.

twist1980
11-12-2006, 07:40 PM
It all depends on when you are going. If you show up an hour before the show (during peak times) you can typically find a decent waterside seat (I managed to do it at the end of June). There really aren't many bad viewing sites along ROA, especially if you DH holds your 2 yo on his shoulders.

Anywhere along ROA is good, but closer to the entrance to PotC is the best. I don't recommend being right next to the water. I did that with my family in December. The water screens that have the projections on them came up and we had water spraying in our faces. This made us think of all the duck poop that was in the water and was not a happy sight. So I would recommend finding a spot right along the wall that separates the upper and lower part of the walkway along the ROA.

Malcon10t
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I know you can get premium seating for the Fantasmic shows... for us folks who lag on reserving the seats, can anyone tell me the best place for the free sitting? We are taking our 2 year old in 2 wks to DL and want to watch the 9pm show... I can sucker my mom into holding seats for us but I do not know where the best place to sit is, and what is going to be the easiest for us (myself, hubby and the lil' one) to get to her once it starts to get crowded. Suggestions....Generally, if you can get there an hour or so in advance, you can get a decent seat. Take a lightweight blanket to set out. When mine were that little, the youngest would dance and play on the blanket while we waited. Its a nice time to sit and talk about what she saw. Sit near a roped aisle for the easiest access. People are generally pretty easy to get along with. You won't be able to take the stroller into the area with you. Be prepared to park it.

FantasmicFan82
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
This made us think of all the duck poop that was in the water and was not a happy sight.
What''s wrong with duck poop??? :crying:
It's part of the magic... ok, part magic, 90% hambuger bread from HB.

atrder9901
11-17-2006, 01:42 PM
On our last trip, we headed that way about an hour and a half before the show started. The kids were pooped, and my husband and I were exhausted. So we put a blanket down on the ground and we had AWESOME seats. We were right in front of the guard rail on the river front. The kids took a mini nap, and my husband and I just sat and relaxed.

Alice Fan
11-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Maybe we just got lucky, but last year this was fantastic...we went the day after Thanksgiving (MAN was it crowded!), and had never seen Fantasmic. We stopped at the Cafe Orleans (I THINK that's the name of it...the one with the railing that looks over the water) to have coffee and some dessert, and for all of us to rest our poor feet (two adults, 2 kids 11 & 15). It was about 7:30 PM. We realized people were "waiting for something", sitting on blankets, CMs with flashlights,etc...anyway, we stayed put at our table at the railing, enjoyed our hot drinks and desserts, and had GREAT seats for the show! Good luck to you!