PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Holiday Magic! From "it's a small world" to snow!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-12-2006, 09:23 AM
I have been going to DL for decades! Last night was the first time I watched the holiday fireworks and the SNOW that comes afterward. It was so magical and so beautiful!!!!!! We just loved it.

IASW is amazing! I've always loved this ride since the 1960's and yesterday may be the most wonderful trip through IASW that I've ever taken! I nearly cried. Yes, I know,we're talking about IASW, but, it's a ride that my mom used to take me on before she died when I was 9. I just wished so much that she could see how beautiful it looks now! I'd not seen IASW at the holidays either until last night. I stood there staring at it and it is so sparkly and so enchanting.

Disneyland looks lovely with the holiday decor and that Christmas tree is HUGE on Main Street!!!!! Courtyard of angels is decorated so beautifully. We had a gal take our photo there which I think will be our Christmas card photo.

Anyone else there this week and enjoying the new Christmas decor? I may just NEED a pair of the darling Mickey ears with a huge bow in front. So cute!!!!!!

So, what is YOUR favorite part of the holiday theme DL???

ktrm
11-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Boy I am leaving this upcoming week and all these great trip reports are making me chomp at the bit. I went last year for the first time in my life at Christmas and like you I was overwhelmed by the lights, decorations, and general feel of the park. It was kindof just luck I saw Christmas last year because I had absolutely no idea when I planned the trip that they decorate for the season by Veterans day!!! I loved Its a Small World, the Christmas tree on Main Street, and all the poinsettas in New Orleans Square. It seemed like there were thousands of them. I've tried going to Disneyland at Christmas, in the Spring, and during the Summer. Christmas is by far my favorite time. Thanks for mentioning the Courtyard of Angels. I did not see this last year and now its on my must-sees. Glad you had a wonderful time.

twist1980
11-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Isn't Christmas time at DLR great? Last year was my first visit during the holiday season and I loved it!

I have to say that the snow is my favorite part of the season, it is just so magical! But the decorations are amazing too! Makes me want to do Christmas there again!

kisroo
11-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh, Neen!! It sounds beautiful!! I'm missing DL at Christmas-time this year. :sniff:

I love Main Street and the carolers. I also love New Orleans all decorated up with the "Christmas Alligators".

But, my favorite? How Jack transforms the Haunted Mansion.

Can't wait to see pics!!!

~kisroo:)

dznyphreak
11-12-2006, 10:59 AM
My favorite is the light show they had on IASW last year. Are they still doing it this year? It happened every 15 minutes after dusk.

pisces
11-12-2006, 12:19 PM
The official schedule says Small World Lighting Moment at 4:57 pm, every evening.

I don't know if they will rerun it every 15 minutes. Last year's Small World Holiday had that 50th thing in lights on it. So, I don't know if the 15 minute montages were part of the 50th or not.

PhiSigDuchessCV
11-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I have been going to DL for decades! Last night was the first time I watched the holiday fireworks and the SNOW that comes afterward. It was so magical and so beautiful!!!!!! We just loved it.

IASW is amazing! I've always loved this ride since the 1960's and yesterday may be the most wonderful trip through IASW that I've ever taken! I nearly cried. Yes, I know,we're talking about IASW, but, it's a ride that my mom used to take me on before she died when I was 9. I just wished so much that she could see how beautiful it looks now! I'd not seen IASW at the holidays either until last night. I stood there staring at it and it is so sparkly and so enchanting.

Disneyland looks lovely with the holiday decor and that Christmas tree is HUGE on Main Street!!!!! Courtyard of angels is decorated so beautifully. We had a gal take our photo there which I think will be our Christmas card photo.

Anyone else there this week and enjoying the new Christmas decor? I may just NEED a pair of the darling Mickey ears with a huge bow in front. So cute!!!!!!

You mentioned the Courtyard of Angels - what and where is this?

ktrm
11-12-2006, 04:00 PM
The Courtyard of the Angels is a beautiful courtyard in New Orleans Square. I believe it is on Royal Street in between some beautiful stores. It has a staircase that is always decorated that goes nowhere(or at least nowhere an average guest can go) It is one of those quiet nooks and crannies that makes Disneyland special. Its peaceful and beautiful decorated any time of the year. It's a very nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the crowds.

disney jones
11-12-2006, 04:16 PM
my favorite at the Holidays is seeing all the Christmas trees, from the tiny ones in Storybook Land, to ToonTown, to the ones in the Main Street shops, to the Big Ones at the resort! :D

nice report, Janine, keep dropping by with your vignettes!

Rhiannon8404
11-12-2006, 04:25 PM
I will never forget the first time I saw the holiday snow. We were on the Mark Twain and the stopped it for the fireworks, which was really cool. And then, just as we started moving again, down came the snow. It was magical!

Another Dimension
11-13-2006, 12:55 PM

It's a wonderful 3-way tie! :D

Believe in Holiday Magic
Haunted Mansion Holiday
New Orleans Square & Toon Town decor...

JosieGirl71
11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh, Neenie!!! (((HUGS)))

IASW is my favorite during the holidays but I love the big Christmas tree on Main Street. It is BEAUTIFUL!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-13-2006, 07:14 PM
My favorite is the light show they had on IASW last year. Are they still doing it this year? It happened every 15 minutes after dusk.
Oh yes!They sure are! I overheard another person last night saying they'd tweaked it and it's even better this year!!!!!!!!!

Wrote my first comment for a cast member last night. My daughter and I were alone and holding the camera in front of us to take a photo of ourselves in the snow. This darling man walked up and took the camera and shot a photo of us. He then walked all around to others doing the same. He was sweeping up and stopped to help everyone. What a sweetheart!

Today-------lunch at Club 33. AMAZING! And the view of NOS decorated for the holidays, from the balcony of Club 33 was fantastic. Let's just say I took about 100 photos!!!!!! (Those of you who know me well, know this is my typical DL vacation!!! ) Add the fact that my favorite MP buddy and her hubby and 2 darling kiddos were at Club 33 with us and you are talking a fabulous day!!!!!!!!!!

JosieGirl71
11-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Sounds wonderful, Neenie! But we need more info about Club 33! PLEASE! :fez:

Mommy2NicknMax
11-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time!!!

We were there last night and it was the boys and DH's first time seeing the fireworks and IASWH. We waited outside SW for the lights to come on. I just had to see the boys eyes light up when they saw that. :) They absolutly loved the snow at the end of the fireworks too. We had a great time!

Only one thing, we asked a SW CM about the light show and she said they weren't doing that this year. I guess she is wrong then. From what I'm reading here, they're doing it again this year? If so, Yeah!!!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Oh I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time!!!

We were there last night and it was the boys and DH's first time seeing the fireworks and IASWH.

Oh MAN!!!!! So, we used to live like 10 minutes from each other and never met and now we were both at DL watching the fireworks at the SAME time and still didn't meet! Bummer!!!!!!!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Sounds wonderful, Neenie! But we need more info about Club 33! PLEASE! :fez:
We will get to that when I get home!!! :) Right now I am awaiting my son's arrival from LAX on the shuttle!!!!!!!!! I am SO wound up, I have a venti mocha and I am so thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have fireworks tonight at 7:30, so, he gets to see them too. Yippee!!!!!!!! Then, Jerry's Famous Deli for dinner after park closing. Life is good!!!!!!!

Mommy2NicknMax
11-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Oh MAN!!!!! So, we used to live like 10 minutes from each other and never met and now we were both at DL watching the fireworks at the SAME time and still didn't meet! Bummer!!!!!!!!!
I had no idea you were even in town. Bummer indeed!

nursemelis374
11-14-2006, 01:55 PM
How funny I was even at Disneyland on a Monday yesterday! I ditched work to go with my friend Brian. We had a great time enjoying the parks in all their holiday glory.

Bolivar
11-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Looking down main street and seeing the snow falling truely is magical. Unless you are close to the snow, then it looks like someone put too much soap in a washing machine.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-14-2006, 10:11 PM
How funny I was even at Disneyland on a Monday yesterday! I ditched work to go with my friend Brian. We had a great time enjoying the parks in all their holiday glory.
NO WAY MELISSA! Crazy! hahaha!!!!! Glad you enjoyed it too. I watched fireworks and snowfall for the 3rd time tonight. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
11-19-2006, 09:32 AM
I have now also experienced the fireworks and snow from Main Street and they are SO delightful as well! How cute that it snows!!!!!!! I took about a billion photos and will share some with you all when I get them on to Webshots. I took over 400 photos during my 10 days in So. Cal. with my family. Even my adult kids loved the fireworks and snow! What is better than THAT I ask? :)

Wendi
11-19-2006, 10:07 AM
I loved reading your report, and I am sooooooo beyond excited that I'm actually going to be walking in Disneyland at this time tomorrow... probaby with a Mickey Mouse pancake in my belly!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Here's a little sample of the snowfall!!!

I took it on my digital camera so it's not very long. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NhYTnTfFHuI

SoCalSnowWhite
11-20-2006, 09:27 PM
I saw this for the first time and Saturday and have to say that it is my new favorite Disneyland Holiday tradition!! It was a total surprise to us and we LOVED it! It was similar to a snowflake show that we saw on the Saks Fifth Avenue building in New York but about 20x better!:D