PDA

View Full Version : "Shopping" Pass

Stupid_American
11-12-2006, 05:29 AM
One used to be able to enter Disneyland for a short period to access shopping.
But now, with World of Disney, this isn't really needed.

If someone really wants to sample the Disney, hand dipped, all beef corn dog, is it possible to enter to grab a dog and run?

SoCalSteven
11-12-2006, 10:33 AM
They still do the shopping pass. I used one to go visit the Jewel of Orleans and get a Dole Whip. I don't see why you couldn't get a corn dog.

tod
11-12-2006, 11:56 AM
The one time I used the Shopping Pass, they asked to see my receipt.

I don't know if a corn dog qualifies as a Shopping Pass item.

I would ask.

--t

Seashellmama
11-12-2006, 06:13 PM
How does the Shopping Pass work, exactly?

tod
11-12-2006, 07:37 PM
How does the Shopping Pass work, exactly?

Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=223975&postcount=9), and note that the information has aged and may no longer be current..

--t

SoCalSteven
11-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=223975&postcount=9), and note that the information has aged and may no longer be current..
That is very accurate except for that the first time I used the shopping pass I was only asked approximately how much I spent in the park, while the second time I wasn't even asked that. No reciepts involved.

emmah
11-13-2006, 10:42 AM
are there time-of-day limits when this can be done, do you know? would one be able to get a shopping pass on an evening, do you think?

cjkeys
11-13-2006, 10:52 AM
I asked Disney customer relations about a shopping pass not long ago. Here is the response I received:

8/29/2006

Dear _____,

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLANDŽ Resort.

A shopping pass may be obtained by visiting the Guest Services Window
next to the Main Entrance of DISNEYLANDŽ Park. The shopping pass
provides 60 minutes of shopping enjoyment at no charge. To obtain a
pass, you will need to provide a valid credit card or cash in the amount of a 1-Day Ticket for deposit. You will then be given a ticket with a
specified return time. When you return within the specified time, you
will not be charged for a 1-Day Ticket. The shopping pass is not
available after 4 p.m. For further information, please contact the Guest Information office at (714) 781-7290.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the DISNEYLANDŽ Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
DISNEYLANDŽ Resort
Guest Communications

Malcon10t
11-13-2006, 12:12 PM
I've never been asked for a receipt. But, they are strict on the 1 hour. I've always made sure to be back in time.