PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 11/9 and 11/10 - tons of pics - kid stuff too.

hippiemama
11-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Silvestro Family Disneyland Trip Report 2006

We got to the Castle Inn around 11pm Phx time (10pm California) and settled in for the night.
Got up bright and early and we were on our way!
Cept that I left the vouchers on the counter in the hotel room. Left them and I ran the 1/2 mile to the hotel and back - in about 15 minutes. lol. Glad I'm in good shape.

We went on Peter Pan first per my littles insistance and they loved it. My son nearly cried when it was over asking to do it again so I promised we'd come back . and we did. He's 3 and Peter Pan is his hero. Him and Buzz.

Anyway, Peter Pan was great, Dumbo (twice), then the teacups and Alice in Wonderland and they were ready
to leave Fantasy Land. No interest this year in Casey Jones, Snow white, Pinocchio or Wild toads ride. Skipped storybook
boat ride too and headed to Toon Town.

Met Micky and rode the Gooney coaster and played in the treehouse for a bit then we were off for lunch.
Romans other big hero is Buzz Lightyear so we fast passed it and headed to Pizza Port for lunch. Met
Buzz himself, ate well (loved the chicken pasta thing) and then rode Buzz and my son told me it was the best
time of his entire life!
After Buzz we headed to Critter country to ride the Pooh ride and eat tigger tales. Fast pass for splash was going to be after dinner so we decided we'd hit it in the morning since the little ones wanted to do pooh again anyway.

Then We did Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise and headed out for dinner.
Ate and then came back in for the Parade which my kids adored!

Day 2 - we went in and got fast passes for INdiana jones, then hit splash mountain while the kids did pooh again, then Haunted Mansion Holiday and Indiana jones...all before breakfast.

The character breakfast at the Plaza Inn was great in terms of cast members, characters and overall customer service but what was with the powdered eggs? blech. The omlettes made to order were great tho. They kept running out of the mickey waffles but we got some - pics are in the link too

After breakfast we went and rode Peter Pan again cuz I promised lol. They loved it again!

Then we headed out to California Adventure -
the kids adored Playhouse Disney, th en it was off to Bugs Life land for the movie, the chew chew train and the bumper cars. Then we hit Tower of Terror . the kids stayed with the other couple we were with,
then we traded so they could do it. Then my friends took all my kids on Monsters Inc. I was sorry to miss it and they loved it (my friends have pics they'll send later) while we did California Screaming with my teenager.
No pic cuz we didn't have the camera so we bought one and I've not scanned it yet.
Stopped at Disney Engine Ears to fill a bucket of potato head pieces for my kids for Christmas. Then out for Chinese and a rest before coming back for fireworks.
The fireworks show was the new holiday show and was wonderful. I wont' give away the ending for those who've not seen it - no pics came out great, but my husband got amazing video for us.

My kids had the most amazing magical time - and are sitting on the coach now watching the video. Happiest place on Earth is right!

Planning next years trip already lol

scroll past the sub albums and all the pics are below that! View as a slideshow, its really fun

Thanks for letting me share
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/supersilks/

Barb

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Your little guy looks SO thrilled to meet Mickey and Buzz. Love the sparkle in his eyes.
You have some wonderful photos, and terrific memories there. Thanks for sharing.