PDA

View Full Version : New things I noticed today... (11/10/06)

dznyphreak
11-10-2006, 10:05 PM
I was one of the crazy PAP's to hit DL today and discovered a few new things.

1) The signs by Mickey & Friends now advertise "Holidays at Disneyland." They promote Believe...in Holiday Magic and Santa's Beach Party Bash.

2) Splash is using the photo preview with the owl just before you get off the ride. Haven't seen it in awhile and it kinda surprised me.

3) There are awesome light-up YOMD Mickey ears for something like $16!

Also caught HSMPR for the first time today too.

Bytebear
11-10-2006, 10:43 PM
I was at Disneyland a few weeks ago and it was the first time in years that I saw the preview picture on Spash Mountain (with owl and everything), but it was the wrong picture, so we saw strangers! I hope they got that fixed.

jetkitten
11-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I saw it too but I saw myself so it's fixed. Professor Owl is so cute

DangerMouse
11-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Is he actually talking again as well? If so, is he saying the same thing as before? I've been waiting for YEARS for him to be worknig again.

jetkitten
11-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Seems the same old bird to me.

Bolivar
11-12-2006, 08:26 AM
That is really interesting because when I was there in August the screen had been removed. I remember thinking, "About time they got the out of there, it is just an eyesore since they aren't using it." I guess they had just taken it out to clean it up before using it again.

chrisaustx
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
The projectors are working again on Small World Holiday, every 25 min. the lights will go off on Small World and the projectors are once again playing a show on the face of the building. The Christmas decorations have been removed from the castle, I guess better decorations will go up this week.

AaronInCal
11-13-2006, 06:08 AM
The projectors are working again on Small World Holiday, every 25 min. the lights will go off on Small World and the projectors are once again playing a show on the face of the building. The Christmas decorations have been removed from the castle, I guess better decorations will go up this week.
That's good the hear they are doing the projection show on Small World a few times an hour like last year. That is really cool to see!

Most likely they took the decorations down for filming on the stage in front of the Castle for the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade special. The wreath and garland probably clashed with the general decorations that will be seen during the show. The wreath will likely be back this week once they are done. Just my guess here..

joannabanana
11-13-2006, 08:15 AM
What type of film do they project on IASWH?

chrisaustx
11-13-2006, 10:38 AM
I was watching it last night from up close, they are projecting christmas trees, bambi, an scenes from an old Disney animated Christmas TV special. All of the images are flashed very quickly to the musical score.
video of th Believe in Holiday Magic Show (2004) (excellent)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANf-PVsLhw

Another Dimension
11-13-2006, 12:46 PM
What type of film do they project on IASWH?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W59C_to2fw

joannabanana
11-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys! Can't wait to go and see it myself next month.:)

dznyphreak
11-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks a lot. I had to watch this at least twice every time I went last year...My favorite! I recommend seeing it.

Oh, and one more thing I noticed on the map:

4) Rockin' both parks starts Jan 3! The day after the holiday stuff comes down. Looks like the fun just keeps on coming. (50th 5/5/05-9/30/06, Halloweentime 10/1/06-10/31/06, Holidays 11/4/06-1/2/07, Rockin' 1/3/07-?) Almost non-stop!

SDMom
11-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Rockin' both parks starts Jan 3! !
Now I have to make a trip up before kids go back to school!:fez: