PDA

View Full Version : The Best Place To Sleep In DLR

MonorailMan
05-20-2002, 08:26 PM
I caught a few Z's in DL last time we were there. I found the old MBC loading platform nice and quiet. :)

(Note: Mickey Gloves make great pillows. :D )

Have you ever slept in DLR? (And I don't want to hear the "I sleep in DCA because it's so dead it wouldn't wake a flea." type stuff.) :)

Uncle Dick
05-20-2002, 08:31 PM
I tried to take a nice little nap in the Animation building once. I was rudely awakened by zapppop, who proceeded to laugh at me as I groggily stumbled about.

I'd imagine that anyone who's stayed in a DLR hotel would have to admit that a nice comfy bed is the best place to sleep at the resort.

slaakker
05-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Train ride works for me. If not there, a short nap in Tiki room.

MammaSilva
05-20-2002, 09:57 PM
in order... there are two different lists..

summer/hot weather list...
any room at the resort
great moments with Mr. Lincoln
small world
tiki room
train
the seats on the bridge to Fantasyland (short short nap there tho, sunburn hurts)
as a last resort.......small world

winter...
any room at the resort

everything else is too cold!

tabacco
05-20-2002, 09:57 PM
you could probably snooze in the Gallery's patio :)

MammaSilva
05-20-2002, 10:06 PM
ahh I never thought of that because I tend to treat that whole gallery/upstairs patio as sort of a 'sacred' spot......not many average mortals get the opportunity to see the apartment Walt actually occupied but any one can stroll the public area of the one he would have lived in had he been with us longer :)

DLfreak
05-20-2002, 10:09 PM
I like to take a nap on Big Thunder. :) It's a very relaxing ride. :D

I actually have several times seen people curled up on the letter 'C' in front of DCA. It actually looks kind of comfy. ;)

HBTiggerFan
05-20-2002, 10:17 PM
I fell asleep on the train when I was 15. Went around 4 times before a CM proded us (my friend and I) and told us that we went around 4 times. We looked up, smiled and went back to sleep for another 3 times. We then had fun until 1am...ahhh...late main. st. closings and the energy of youth.

awinner
05-20-2002, 10:38 PM
curled up in a chair in the lobby of the GCH.

Disneylandman
05-20-2002, 11:03 PM
actually sometimes I fall asleep on pirates. I don't know why... it is an exciting ride but after I go on it twice for the day I just tend to nod off.

Mouse
05-21-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
I fell asleep on the train when I was 15. Went around 4 times before a CM proded us (my friend and I) and told us that we went around 4 times. We looked up, smiled and went back to sleep for another 3 times. We then had fun until 1am...ahhh...late main. st. closings and the energy of youth.

How Funny! I can imigine the CM's conversation:

First time arround:
"Should we wake them?"
"I don't know."

2nd time:
"I think we should."
"What if they get mad?"
"Well, we can't just leave them."
"Why not?"
"Well, I guess we can."

3rd time:
"I think we should wake them now."
"No, let's see how long they sleep."

4th time:
"Are they alive?"
"Of coruse they are!"
"Go see"
"Ok"

MickeyD
05-21-2002, 11:02 AM
I seem to fall asleep often in HISTA, the Tiki Room and the Muppets. I don't know why (well, I have an idea....)

SUNSHINE4565
05-21-2002, 10:16 PM
when i was beverage stocking tom sawyers island i went into the fort .. and nodded off for an hour until i finally heard odv on the radio asking for my 20 :eek:

bluepearl
05-21-2002, 10:31 PM
I can get in a few minutes of shut-eye on Pirates after the drops. I went with my friends one Saturday, when the night before I'd gotten off shift at 2AM (it takes me an hour to get home, so I didn't get to sleep until 3:30) and arrived - late, no less - back at DLR at 9:30AM. While I didn't feel refreshed or anything, it sure helped my burning eyes. :lol:

Baloo
05-21-2002, 11:13 PM
best place to take a very nice long nap or read a book is on Tom Sawyers island all the way in the back on a tree log bench next to the forbidden area. the surrounding brush and trees work as a noice barrier and all you see is the mark twin pass by. i slept there for almot 1.5 hrs it was great.

DigitalLizard
05-23-2002, 06:16 AM
We used to travel on a red eye bus from Tucson to Anaheim
with my youth group from about 1986 - 1991 and we wouldn't
get a wink of sleep all the way to DL... usually our trips were
in the winter or early spring, so it got pretty chilly after dark,
and although we'd have sweatsuits on, we'd not only be tired,
but cold!
so after the fireworks several of us while waiting for the bus
would go into either Bear Country OR Mr. Lincoln... one night
the chaperone that was with us kept waking us up and we'd
go get back in the que of Mr. Lincoln til the CM realized what we
were up to, and just let us stay in our seats... we sat thru that
darn thing for over 2 hours one night...
Mr. Lincoln as I remember has more compfy seats than Bear Co.
but who knows if that will still be the case after the stripping of
Bear Co.

marktwain
05-23-2002, 08:14 AM
I layed down on a bench by the wharf area in DCA but soon a security guard told me I had to sit up.

80S ERA
05-23-2002, 09:53 AM
The waiting area for circlevision, especially on a hot summer day. The air conditioning combined with soothing music and a glimpse of the Peoplemover going by makes the ingredients for a good nap.

Uncle Dick
05-23-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by DigitalLizard
so after the fireworks several of us while waiting for the bus
would go into either Bear Country OR Mr. Lincoln... one night
the chaperone that was with us kept waking us up and we'd
go get back in the que of Mr. Lincoln til the CM realized what we
were up to, and just let us stay in our seats... we sat thru that
darn thing for over 2 hours one night...
And now that the show uses headphones, you can sleep through most of the show in relative silence (the cannon noises and some of the music is still piped through the theater's speakers). The last couple of times I visited Mr. Lincoln, I don't even think I wore the headphones.

Ace
05-23-2002, 07:50 PM
if you're truly hardcore (like the one-and-only-Squinky) you can sleep on the lift hills to the roller coasters. Really, I have done it.

coronamouseman
05-24-2002, 06:23 AM
For napping:

1. Muppets 3D!

Reasonably long show, nice comfy seats, good air conditioning and they even will wake you up when the show is over (unless you are in the back and it's not very crowded that day.

Heck, if you are very tired you can simply sit down and get an extra 10 minutes worth of nap during the preshow!

2. Tom Sawyer Island

Just find anyplace not overrun with traffic (far side of the fort or over by the docks) and rest on - eventually a security person might wake you up but usually you can get some decent rest.
Especially good if you are there with kids - they can run off their energy will you conserve yours.

3. Main Street

Pleanty of tables at the various eateries - just pull up a chair and nod off. Very low key background noise (until a parade comes along).