PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland closed right now! (1 pm on 11/10/06) [Veteran's Day Crowd Reports]

Pages : [1] 2 3

nursemelis374
11-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I just heard about this! Yikes! I may be rethinking my little visit down there tonight!

oregontraveler
11-10-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm so glad I didn't drive down this weekend, too much gridlock for me.

Rhiannon8404
11-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Is this due to capacity?

daisylovesdk
11-10-2006, 01:15 PM
I thought Disneyland never closes....what's going on?

motomickey
11-10-2006, 01:21 PM
and the schools are out--I have a feeling they closed due to capacity.:eek:

pisces
11-10-2006, 01:21 PM
This happened last year at Veteran's Day, also. (If I'm remembering correctly.) Although, last year's Veteran's Day was later in the month.

daisylovesdk
11-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Ohhhhh thank you for clearing that up. Hubby wanted me to go today, but if it's packed and there isn't gonna be fireworks. Maybe I will pass.

DisneyDustin22
11-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Thank you. I was just about to post is anyone at the parks today hows the crowds? Now I gotta find something to do tonight. :confused:

jcruise86
11-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Thank you. I was just about to post is anyone at the parks today hows the crowds? Now I gotta find something to do tonight. :confused:
See "The Queen" or "Borat."

Rhiannon8404
11-10-2006, 01:38 PM
This happened last year at Veteran's Day, also. (If I'm remembering correctly.) Although, last year's Veteran's Day was later in the month.
Not later in the month, it is always November 11th, but it was on Friday instead of Saturday last year. Today of the work/school day off to celebrate Veteran's Day, which is tomorrow.

nursemelis374
11-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Sorry, I thought everyone would assume it was due to capacity. I wonder when it will open up again?

joannabanana
11-10-2006, 01:54 PM
I wonder what the legal capacity is for Disneyland. Any ideas???

Tinkermommy
11-10-2006, 01:58 PM
We arrived this morning (Fri) around 9, and the parking structure line was backed up down Ball Road. Disneyland was mobbed, and the people kept pouring in.

We only stayed until noon, then left to shop at World of Disney before leaving the resort.

I've never seen the ticket booth lines as long as they were today. Even getting out of the structure took a while.

I noticed a sign at the parking structure entrance that said they had heightened security for our safety, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, security-wise. Also didn't see any dream fulfilled!

The Christmas tree is beautiful. It was worth it, even for such a short trip!

PrincessMomma
11-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Just an update ~ we are in our hotel room at the Resort right now. Disneyland is indeed closed, but at least as far as the front desk of the Disneyland Hotel knows ~ they are not sure about the fireworks yet. We were in the park earlier and left ~ it was so crowded that we couldn't move. Lines winding as far as I had ever seen them. The unhappiness level (and therefore the rudeness level for some people) seemed to be rising all around us!!!!!

DisneyDustin22
11-10-2006, 02:21 PM
I wonder what the legal capacity is for Disneyland. Any ideas???

I'm not sure what number is official, but I have heard between 70 and 75, maybe 80 thousand thrown around a lot.

DisneyDustin22
11-10-2006, 02:22 PM
See "The Queen" or "Borat."

Saw Borat opening night. Hystericaly funny!

Bytebear
11-10-2006, 02:53 PM
I noticed a sign at the parking structure entrance that said they had heightened security for our safety, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, security-wise.

This sign has been up for a few months. It went up after they had a few robberies at the parking lot booths.

prncsmsj
11-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Just an update ~ we are in our hotel room at the Resort right now. Disneyland is indeed closed, but at least as far as the front desk of the Disneyland Hotel knows ~ they are not sure about the fireworks yet. We were in the park earlier and left ~ it was so crowded that we couldn't move. Lines winding as far as I had ever seen them. The unhappiness level (and therefore the rudeness level for some people) seemed to be rising all around us!!!!!
They told us they had only stopped selling one day tickets, but they were still letting readmissions in. So we left for a few hours. Are we not going to be able to get back in? I have tickets for Fantasmic balcony tonight.

kiwifuz
11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
The first step is closing to new tickets, new admissions, then re-entries, then all entries.

Hopefully it hasn't gotten that far.

Plus with kids off of school I'd wonder if people are going to give up that have been there all day.

Good luck Mel!!

Niwel
11-10-2006, 03:39 PM
If you bring Xmas they will come ... I guess kicking it off today might not have been such a great idea....

Noxx
11-10-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure what number is official, but I have heard between 70 and 75, maybe 80 thousand thrown around a lot.

chrisaustx
11-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I took a drive down Disneyland drive at 4pm, Mickey and Friends is now closed, the road is blocked off on Disneyland Drive due to the parking structure closure. Cars were trying to drive over the orange cones and go inside of it anyway, but Anaheim Police were stopping them. Disneyland drive is gridlocked, cars are being turned away from Disneyland right now, its not a pretty sight. I will be taking the bus to Disneyland tonight in hopes I can get in at 8pm.
FYI the Christmas 2004 Show can be viewed on you tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTGwG55w02s

rosie
11-10-2006, 04:13 PM
What's the latest news? PRNCSMJ-you must post back and let us know about your Fantasmic Seating.

DangerMouse
11-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Looking forward to hearing from people who were at the park today, as well as throughout the weekend about any gate closures, fireworks (or lack thereof), crowd control, etc.

Anyone have any reports on what the first weekend of the holiday season was like? Is IASW open? Did they light the tree?

DisneyDustin22
11-10-2006, 05:56 PM
As far as crowds go...you may want to check this thread out.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=62754