PDA

View Full Version : Craft and Hobby Show Jan 27-Jan 31

mariafred963
11-10-2006, 10:32 AM
I was just wondering, we are planning to be going during the same time that the Craft and Hobby show will be going on in the convention center. Does any one know how this will effect the crowds at DR?

yenko427
11-10-2006, 08:02 PM
I will be there about the same time, it will be interesting to see.... I would think that the people would be checking it out while we are at the park, at least that is what I am telling myself.

backsthepack
11-11-2006, 04:34 AM
CHA is such a huge convention. I know a lot of people are taking up the hotel rooms and bringing families. My guess is that it will make it a lot busier at Disneyland. I am going and of course going to hit Disneyland! Why wouldn't someone take advantage of being right across the street! LOL

disneyhound
11-11-2006, 04:46 AM
We are going during that time also. I am of the mind that the folks attending the convention are going to be attending the convention, and DL will be a second thought. Sure they will go to DL, not they should not be in the park like someone who is taking their vacation specifically at DL. I am thinking that the evenings may be the busiest! That's me being the optimist...

Wendi
11-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I have a friend who will be attending the convention. She is bringing her family so they can also visit Disneyland. I'm not sure what most attendees will do, but I would assume that many of them will tack on days to the beginning or end dates of the convention for time at DLR. I know that a lot of conventions that are held early in the day offer evening passes to the DLR at a discount as well, so the parks may get an attendance boost in the evenings.

backsthepack
11-12-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't see the parks being less crowded because of this. I know I am bringing my family. They are not going to CHA with me so they will be at Disneyland all day. I am sure there are a lot of families doing this.

PrincessMab
11-13-2006, 06:57 AM
I have a trip planned right smack dab in the middle of the craft and hobby show in anaheim. I was just watching this post and was wondering just how crowded Disneyland will be because of this convention. Will it be like horrendous crowds? Or will it not be that much more than normal? I guess I want as detailed a guess as i can get because i'm kind of worried about this...summer like crowds? Or just a few extra people and nothing that will mess up my "going during the off season" trip?
Thanks for all the help!

backsthepack
11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't think it will reach the "summer crowd" explosion! But I do see it being busier than normal for that time of year.