PDA

View Full Version : VIP Tour

Tink232
11-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Anyone take this tour? All or any info would appreciated. We did the Holiday Tour last year and we are going to try this one this year.

Any ideas of fun things to ask to do on tour would be helpful also.

Thanks.

kandyk
11-10-2006, 10:10 AM
I have done the tour twice and it is worth every penny. It is now a tradition with our family. It is so nice to have a tour guide at your disposal to ask any little question, they know so much trivia and where the hidden Mickey's are. We have been able to get priority seating at both the fireworks and the parade-no waiting for great seats. They can also make priority seating reservations at any of the restaurants (excluding Club 33). Some fun things that we have done are: rode the Lilly Belle and our son got to "steer" the Mark Twain. Keep in mind this is not a behind the scences tour or a cut to the front of the line tour either. However they do take care of you and get you fastpasses (they don't have to, it's at their personal choice). You can also go to both parks, although the four hours goes by so fast in DL we have never really had time for DCA.

If you have any other questions let me know, this is one of my favorite subjects!

SHOMan
11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
The VIP tour was a great experience for us. There is a minimum of four hours, and you can pretty tailor the tour to your areas of interest. Every VIP tour includes priority seating at parades, fireworks, etc. for the duration of your stay, not just the day of the tour. This alone was a big perk, fantastic seating for the electrical parade, fireworks from the reserved benches at the train station, etc.

While guest services is very clear about the fact that you don't get priority access to any rides, our tour guide did get us onto a couple of attractions with fastpasses. Got us to the "front of the line" for some of the interactive stuff.

I would advise asking for a tour guide that has been around for a while. Someone who can give the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour. The guide will ask you if you have any preferences or particular areas of interest. It is a "custom" tour.

On the VIP tour, you can ride Lilly Belle (the private parlor car on the train) and visit the lobby of Club 33. Outside of a club 33 membership, the VIP tour is the only sure-fire way of getting a ride on Lilly Belle.

While not inexpensive at $300, it was a great value for our family.

Just Do It! You'll love it. Just make sure you get an experienced guide.

bradk
11-10-2006, 10:29 AM
hmmm... my VIP tour guide told me I couldn't get into 33, that it was a perk of the walk in walts footsteps tour... owell

but yeah, i've done it and it was worth every stinkin penny over and over for all of the above (except 33 in my case).

the only negs were i hated the spot they had for the blockparty bash (i just found my own space) and the area for the DEP is covered, so parts of some floats get hidden as they pass by.

(oh, and I might add, it was such a great experience, I even attempted to pursue it at WDW, but it's much worse there)

Malcon10t
11-10-2006, 11:39 AM
I agree with the above. Contrary to popular belief, you don't get front of the line. But they are a wealth of info, its fun, and they will cater the tour to what you want. I'm looking forward to doing it maybe in March.

SoCalSteven
11-10-2006, 04:02 PM
So is there a limit to your group size for the $300?

jcruise86
11-10-2006, 05:39 PM
I know that one could say that this is just semantics, but they should change the name of the VIP tour because every guest should be considered a VIP.

Please don't bore me with a response about how in reality there are VIPs. (Duh.) The language is important because Disneyland should strive to treat all visitors as if there were special. That was the goal in the 1980s when they brainwashed me to the point where I'm still writing messages like this 20 years later.

And speaking of brainwashing & cult stuff, the 40th Anniversary of Walt's death is coming up on Dec. 15, and he now rests in Glendale's Forest Lawn. Bring flowers, pictures, cards, or just stop by and say a prayer of thanksgiving for this brave and creative man who wanted every guest to feel like a VIP.

bradk
11-10-2006, 06:25 PM
the maximum group size is 10 people. it's $75/hr regardless (with the 4 hour minimum)

mulansgirl
11-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I loved our VIP tour you can take up to ten people on it.
We had a great tour guide, he is the best, I had taken a VMK tour with him before so I requested him. He helped us make reservations for restarunts, priority seating for fantasmic and the fireworks (same seats when you watch first fantasmic) and for the parade. And got us in to see Mickey Mouse, it was great.
Enjoy your trip and tour

Tink232
11-16-2006, 07:54 AM
Thanks for all the great information!!!:D