PDA

View Full Version : No Believe Fireworks on Friday, November 10th

Darkbeer
11-10-2006, 12:21 AM
I posted some of this info earlier, but wanted to give everyone a heads up.

A CM over at LaughingPlace reported that the Fireworks were cancelled for today, and possible tomorrow due to techinical problems.

Now, from another source, I have found out that the Crowd Control shifts that were planned for the fireworks have been cancelled.

So sorry to say, I seriously doubt that they will offer fireworks Friday night, though there is a possibility of the Snow effect being offered.

So enjoy Fantasmic! (three showings on Friday and Saturday), and enjoy the other Christmas stuff, just don't camp out for a viewing space near the Castle....

nursemelis374
11-10-2006, 07:18 AM
That sucks because we were planning on watching them tonight, but it might be a blessing in disguise with all the crowds they are expecting today.

acpalmer
11-10-2006, 07:19 AM
I just hope they have them up and running by next weekend when we will be there!! I feel badly for those who had planned on seeing them this weekend, though.

Mommy2NicknMax
11-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Thank you Darkbeer! We were planning to go tonight. I think we'll wait until Sunday or Monday now.

chrisaustx
11-10-2006, 11:59 AM
From the rumor I heard, a shell got stuck or did not get fired out of a launcher on Wednesday night and exploded inside of the launcher. This might have been the cause of the fire that occurred on Wednesday night. Disneyland was trying to get a replacement launcher by FedEx in time for tonight. With FedEx custom critical, where FedEx drives the box to the airport, puts the box on a plane, then drives the box to its destination, shipping can be the same day with FedEx. If this is true that a replacement launcher is coming, and this is the reason for the delay, then it is possible that the show may go on tonight as planned. In a world of FedEx custom critical people don't have to wait for 2 days for parts to be over nighted any more.
http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com

Malcon10t
11-10-2006, 12:16 PM
From the rumor I heard, a shell got stuck or did not get fired out of a launcher on Wednesday night and exploded inside of the launcher. This might have been the cause of the fire that occurred on Wednesday night. Disneyland was trying to get a replacement launcher by FedEx in time for tonight. With FedEx custom critical, where FedEx drives the box to the airport, puts the box on a plane, then drives the box to its destination, shipping can be the same day with FedEx. If this is true that a replacement launcher is coming, and this is the reason for the delay, then it is possible that the show may go on tonight as planned. In a world of FedEx custom critical people don't have to wait for 2 days for parts to be over nighted any more.
http://chrisaustx.smugmug.comThat said, they have cancelled the crowd control CMs for the fireworks for tonight. I have a feeling they will do a middle of the night test before they try this again. Someone may see the test at 4am or if they live close by hear it.

chrisaustx
11-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Someone on another board who may not know anything, posted that they canceled the crowd control for tonight which Darkbeer repeated on at least four different boards, the park will be at capacity tonight, and every cast member available will have to work, probabbly lots of overtime hours at that. I am going to Disneyland by OCTA bus to try to stand by Small World tonight, to see the fireworks or whatever may happen. It was a zoo at Disneyland last night, the cast parking lot was full, nobody will have their shift canceled tonight. Disneyland will need to have crowd control tonight, for the angry mob of people who paid good money to see a fireworks show that may or may not happen and to keep people from becoming a mob during the snow effects. Given the explanation of what happened Wednesday night with the launcher, and the explanation that the fireworks could not proceed last night, due to awaiting parts, I fully expect to see a show tonight. Last year around Thanksgiving when I lived down Katella from Disneyland, they did do a test at 2am for some reason, it woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep after. But I fully expect to see a full park tonight with crowd control people with lighted wands everywhere and a great fireworks show. Disneyland doing three Fantasmic! shows and cancelling the crowd control people? There is no way on god's green earth this can be true.

pisces
11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
So enjoy Fantasmic! (three showings on Friday and Saturday), Castle....

And that third Fantasmic! is the best one.

I love the 11:30 pm showings, it's easier to find a good seat, and it seems more powerful at that time. At 11:55 pm, when it ends, you've still got time to run to the Haunted Mansion and take in one last ride!

Actually this is the first time I've ever seen the third showing ever noted in the official schedule. I always thought it was just a spur-of-the-moment thing.

Didn't think they officially schedule it, but apparently they have for tonight and tomorrow.

Expecting huge crowds I guess.

Malcon10t
11-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Last year around Thanksgiving when I lived down Katella from Disneyland, they did do a test at 2am for some reason, it woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep after. But I fully expect to see a full park tonight with crowd control people with lighted wands everywhere and a great fireworks show. Disneyland doing three Fantasmic! shows and cancelling the crowd control people? There is no way on god's green earth this can be true.Well, let us know, because my information was seperate from Darkbeers, but I would take his information even if I hadn't heard otherwise myself.

And I have been there numerous times for 2-4am test runs of new pyrotechnicals, and I would fully expect there to be one before the launch of this show, especially after Wed not going well.

Darkbeer
11-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Looks like they decided to offer a "reduced" fireworks show tonight, eliminating the problems parts from Wednesday night.

Malcon10t
11-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Looks like they decided to offer a "reduced" fireworks show tonight, eliminating the problems parts from Wednesday night.
Cool, I heard about 25 minutes ago they were a go, but were leaving something out. Anyone know what they left out?

chrisaustx
11-10-2006, 10:43 PM
The fireworks were awesome tonight, the crowd control people were never told that the show was cancelled tonight, I verified this with the lead. The show was awesome, nothing was left out, everything went off without a hitch. The new castle effects were awesome and worth the hassle to visit the park today. People do make up things and post them on internet which they know to be not true, the show tonight was great and nothing was missing.

Gutz
11-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Yes there were fireworks Friday night. They made an announcement that due to unforseen circumstances the show would be temporarily delayed. I think it started about six minutes late. It seemed a bit short to me, but I don't know how long it was supposed to be, so perhaps I'm just comparing it to the length of the 50th anniversary show.

reoking
11-11-2006, 01:03 AM
I posted some of this info earlier, but wanted to give everyone a heads up.

A CM over at LaughingPlace reported that the Fireworks were cancelled for today, and possible tomorrow due to techinical problems.

Now, from another source, I have found out that the Crowd Control shifts that were planned for the fireworks have been cancelled.

So sorry to say, I seriously doubt that they will offer fireworks Friday night, though there is a possibility of the Snow effect being offered.

So enjoy Fantasmic! (three showings on Friday and Saturday), and enjoy the other Christmas stuff, just don't camp out for a viewing space near the Castle....

Missed the mark on that one! Show was great, snow on Main Street and the throngs of people who did go nonetheless enjoyed it!

chrisaustx
11-11-2006, 07:51 AM
The soundtrack is exactly the same from the earlier Believe in Holiday Magic shows, but many of the effects are brand new, the show was not shortened and nothing was missing. The new fireworks effects on the front of the castle are amazing to say the least. The crowd control people were smiling and brilliant, and did a great job handling the crowd. I loved the new fireworks and effects, they did a great job last night. I think the reason why they delayed the show at first, was to allow the people exiting from Fantasmic! more time to move through the hub, it was very crowded last night.

SDMom
11-11-2006, 08:55 AM
The new fireworks effects on the front of the castle are amazing to say the least.
So, I guess we will have to stake out our spot to watch the fireworks 2 hours early just like Believe. (?):(

chrisaustx
11-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Just like the the Remember Dreams Come True show, the best spot in the house is facing the castle. I sat near the Kodak Shop in Main Street, one hour early, and I had a great view. If you sit by Small World, you won't be able to see the new things they added to the castle. The show was really beautiful last night and Disneyland put much thought into the new effects, I may venture back to the park again tonight to try to see it a second time.

pisces
11-11-2006, 10:43 AM
The soundtrack is exactly the same from the earlier Believe in Holiday Magic shows,

I love that soundtrack!

Do you know if they sell a CD with it?

Does anyone have a podcast of it?

kikid
11-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Just like the the Remember Dreams Come True show, the best spot in the house is facing the castle. I sat near the Kodak Shop in Main Street, one hour early, and I had a great view. If you sit by Small World, you won't be able to see the new things they added to the castle. The show was really beautiful last night and Disneyland put much thought into the new effects, I may venture back to the park again tonight to try to see it a second time.
do you know how this will work after the CP? Where should we go after the 8pm show, and are there fireworks on the CP nights. Thanks in advance;)