PDA

View Full Version : handgun light fixture in Frontierland

mikeksjca
11-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I am trying to find the history of a ‘hidden’ item in Disneyland. In 1990 I was at the park with a friend and in talking with a CM we learned about hidden Mickey’s/hidden objects. From that point forward the rest of our visit was spent searching for hidden Mickey’s and learning some of the secret lore of the park. Many CM’s were helpful and informative. One CM told us how to find a six-shooter in Frontierland. Sure enough we found it. I may have the location slightly wrong, however, if my recollection is correct it was on a wall between the Golden Horseshoe and the River Belle Terrace restaurant. This area between the two places (at least by my recollection at the time) was sort of a dead zone/transition area, a walkway along the Rivers of America, seating for the restaurant and backstage access doors. Time period lamps ran along the wood wall. Each lamp was held or suspended by an ornate right angle bracket, except for one – where instead of a bracket there was a revolver acting as the bracket with a working light fixture welded on. A actual six-shooter gun.

You wouldn’t notice it casually passing by, but once you knew what to look for it stuck out. I went back years later and it was gone.

My question is – does anyone know the history of the six-shooter? Does anyone have pictures they would be willing to share? What happened to the six-shooter?

I appreciate any information, my memory as to its location and exact description are fuzzy.

Thanks,

Mike Kemmerrer
San Jose, CA