PDA

View Full Version : My Last Trip To Disneyland (most Likely)

slydini
11-09-2006, 11:58 AM
It is with mixed emotions that my family planned our December trip to Disneyland. The reason for this is, is on December 19th we leave L.A. to relocate to Minnesota.
After living in Los Angeles my whole life, My wife got a dream job in Minnesota and we bought a house!
Even though I'm sure we will be coming back to L.A. every now and then, the way prices are, I don't see us getting to the park.

Boo's Mommy
11-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Well, Congrats on the new house and job for your wife! I understand the pain though. We were on the verge of moving off to Ohio, then things fell through and got my dream job in Santa Barbara instead. Thankfully, still close enough to enjoy using our AP's at DLR (we're just about the last zip code available on for So cal!
Keep reading the threads, it'll make you feel still close to home at DLR!

MammaSilva
11-09-2006, 12:45 PM
That is one of those bittersweet stories....but if you budget and plan you can at least visit once in a while....and you can live vicariously thru MP!

Whittibo
11-09-2006, 02:23 PM
My only reluctance about selling our house is not coming back to Disneyland again. We would be moving to TN, and would start going to Disney World, but it's not the same. :(

Congratulations on your wonderful new future!! I am sure you'll be back, maybe just not as often. :)

11-09-2006, 03:05 PM
There are lots and lots of us ex-Californians up here. Glad you'll be up here, too. Remember: you can't beat winter, so you join it.

In the last eight years, I've been to the DLR twice. It just makes the trips that much more wonderful. And MammaSilva's right: it's fun to make vicarious trips through MousePad.

Pirate Princess
11-09-2006, 04:41 PM
(we're just about the last zip code available on for So cal!

You have quite a few hours north of S.B. before you are the last zipcode. Disney's definition of SoCal is very very skewed. (But hey, I'm not complaining, I live north of S.B. and get a great A.P. rate!)

slydini: sorry to hear that DL will be farther out of reach for your family. However, flights to Florida are usually SUPER cheap (I looked for you.. less than $150 per person.) And WDW has better deals going on... perhaps a new state to get your Disney fix???
Here's hoping you get back to CA soon!

WITron
11-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I moved to the midwest from the LA area, so now my trips aren't as many as they used to be, but now they are longer stays. Last year we went and spent a week and just did Disney at a slow and relaxed pace and had a great time. It was nice having a hotel close by so that we could take naps and just relax.

MrsPooh
11-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Slydini, congrats on the new life, and wife's dream job.

I get my DL fixes on MP too. I only get there about once a year.