PDA

View Full Version : Nestle Cookie Making in the Pavillion

ktrm
11-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know if they are still doing the cookie making in the Pavillion by the Carnation Gardens Stage? My kids had a blast last time not to mention they and I enjoyed a free treat.

tinker3
11-09-2006, 12:06 PM
We saw them doing it last week. It is a lot of fun we just didn't get around to it this time.

Kricky
11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
My daughter did it a few weeks ago. They do it several times during the day, but I don't have a schedule. My daughter had a lot of fun, and it was nice for us to sit down, take a breather, and watch. They sprinkled "fairy dust" (what looked like colored sugar?) on the cookies so they would bake faster (wink wink), and I was wondering if they sold that "fairy dust" anywhere? I looked in a couple of places but didn't see it.

Pirate Princess
11-09-2006, 08:12 PM
They sprinkled "fairy dust" (what looked like colored sugar?) on the cookies so they would bake faster (wink wink),
Sorry to be totally dense... BUT do they stick the cookies in the oven and "magically" pull out another already cooked batch?

Kricky
11-09-2006, 08:39 PM
There's not an oven on the 'stage' where they make the cookies. They took the tray into the building and came out right away with a tray of baked cookies. Didn't have to wait the 10-12 minutes for hot cookies. Fairy dust really speeds things up. :D

Pirate Princess
11-09-2006, 08:40 PM
There's not an oven on the 'stage' where they make the cookies. They took the tray into the building and came out right away with a tray of baked cookies. Didn't have to wait the 10-12 minutes for hot cookies. Fairy dust really speeds things up. :D
A free treat minus the kid germs?!?!? We are sooooo there.

momuvseven
11-10-2006, 06:46 AM
We did this in September and it was lots of fun. The cookies they return with are not the ones the kids just made, none of the kids seemed to pick up on this though! They bring out pre packaged baked cookies in an instant and they are not warm LOL. We were thinking that due to health regulations they would not be able to serve the cookies made by the kids. They use sanitizing wipes beforehand but still with a dozen kids all licking their fingers and stirring the dough it would be a germfest.

It is a lot of fun and a nice break.

junglemom
11-10-2006, 07:59 AM
I thought they might be from the group of kids right before our group... It would be really nice to know that they are not the ones the kids made though!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know what age the kids have to be to do this. We have seen it being done the last few times we were in the park, but never made the time to attend. I was thinking that on this coming trip it would be something fun and different to try. My guys are 5 and 3. TIA!

jillshumway
11-11-2006, 11:21 AM
My ten, five and 3 year old did this last time we were there. Marry Popins was there helping out when they did it and Mary could not convince my 3 year old to wash her hands. Marry said to my 3 year old" It is very imortant to have clena hands when cooking." My 3 year old crossed her eyes. Marry Turned to my 10 year old and said you must be a very good Big sister to have her for your little sister. It was funny.

biolabetty
11-11-2006, 12:28 PM
My son did this yesterday. They had a sign on a chef's hat out front saying that it was for ages 4-10 and they would only take the first 18 kids. I would recommend getting there early. We tried to do the 2:00 one, got there right at 2 and they already had all their kids. So we got there 30 minutes early for the 3:00, no problem. They started giving the kids chef hats around 10 til and let them color pictures until the 3:00 start time. 3:00 was the last one of the day. The pixie dust is glitter, so no way do they use that batter for cookies.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will see if we can sneak my 3yo in there when we go in December. Great tip to get there early.

junglemom
11-11-2006, 06:51 PM
My then 3 year old did it too. I didn't even notice the sign. We came up right at the end. No one even questioned him. I am sure it's fine.

Pirate Princess
11-11-2006, 08:57 PM
My then 3 year old did it too. I didn't even notice the sign. We came up right at the end. No one even questioned him. I am sure it's fine.
It's probably the typical "this toy is not meant for children under 3." Usually because three-year-olds are so oral. They don't want a kid chowing down on a blob of raw cookie dough.