PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Party?

raediance
11-09-2006, 09:12 AM
We're going to disneyland next Friday(not tomorrow) for my brother's 10th birthday. Everyone has annual passes, so we'll only need to pay for food and toys and such. Where's the best place to have a birthday lunch? I can only think of Plaza Inn, but I'm sure there's other things.

Also, I've seen people walking around with those "it's my birthday" pins. Where can he get those? Do they have any free goodys for birthday kids?

Thanks,
Alexis

just beatla33
11-09-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm actually going that day too for my bday, you get the pin at City Hall and we're just going to eat at Ariels Grotto

raediance
11-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the tip! What do they serve at Ariel's Grotto?

Malcon10t
11-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the tip! What do they serve at Ariel's Grotto?You can check out menus at www.dlresortinfo.com

You get the birthday pin at City Hall. Freebies for the birthday - Main one would be free tortillas at the Mission Factory in DCA. Some restaurants give a dessert. You can buy the birthday buckets for $20. If you call and set up a character breakfast, they will set up the table with balloons also.

raediance
11-09-2006, 01:56 PM
How many birthday buckets for 20 dollars? The mission tortilla factory is closed, though, right? Where would the character breakfasts be?

Sorry for all the questions! =] We have a group of about 13 or 14, adults included. We don't want to get it too pricey, but it is a birthday party (sort of), so fun does come with a price.

They want me to organize where we're going. Is there an online map of disneyland and DCA?

Thanks!

just beatla33
11-09-2006, 02:10 PM
you can get maps online, first one came ot me was

http://www.intercotwest.com/resortGuide/maps.asp

raediance
11-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks, but is there something that I can have a list of attractions with the numbers too? So I know whats where.

Malcon10t
11-09-2006, 07:12 PM
How many birthday buckets for 20 dollars? The mission tortilla factory is closed, though, right?
One bucket, for the birthday child. I didn't realize the tortilla factory closed. (It reopens the Sat after your visit.) Well, if the child wears the birthday button, he will hear a lot of Happy Birthdays from CMs. He can also get his birthday call from Goofy at City Hall. Good luck with your brother's birthday.

raediance
11-09-2006, 08:48 PM
That should be fine. =] I don't know if we're willing to spend 20 bucks on the bucket thing, but I hear it's pretty cool. Darn, bad timing then for the Factory. Yeah, I hear people getting shoutouts all the time while I'm in line or something. We'll check out that stuff. Thanks for all the tips!

However, I'm still wondering if I should eat at the Plaza Inn or somewhere else. I know CA has better AP discounts, so what's reccomended if I eat there?

Here's my questions:
Eating: CA or Disneyland, and where?
Maps: Can I get one that's scanned or something; with all the text on it?
Lines: Is it just a rumor or do they let you go to the front of the line if it's your birthday? Or like a FastPass thing? I doubt it, but just curious.

Malcon10t
11-09-2006, 09:03 PM
However, I'm still wondering if I should eat at the Plaza Inn or somewhere else. I know CA has better AP discounts, so what's reccomended if I eat there? APers get 10% (15% for PAP) discount in both DCA and DL. Discounts are the same.

Here's my questions:
Eating: CA or Disneyland, and where?
Maps: Can I get one that's scanned or something; with all the text on it?
Lines: Is it just a rumor or do they let you go to the front of the line if it's your birthday? Or like a FastPass thing? I doubt it, but just curious.
Eating - Riverbelle Terrace, love the ribs.
Maps - Look on the Disneyland Website, where it says "Map".
Lines - False.

raediance
11-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Thanks, that was extremely helpful. Duh, I should have thought of the actuall Disneyland website. Lol. I thought the line thing was false; seemed too good to be true. =]

raediance
11-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks for all your help! We're taking a look at the restraunts and looking for something cost-friendly and easy to eat. I (am an organized freak, but who isn't? ) made a list of all the lands and rides that we might want to go on. They've never been on Mark Twain's Island. The first time I went was last Sunday at MouseAdventure! How long should we spend there, and at Innoventions, if we want to hit lots of rides and most of CA. We're going at opening (8 o'clock) and leaving at closing, midnight. Should this be enough time? I'm thinking 30 minutes tops at Innoventions/Mark Twain. Maybe even less? Opinions?

raediance
11-12-2006, 07:46 PM
oh yeah, and we're gonna call the disney number 714 781 DINE or something. Is that suggested? It's for birthdays, I believe.

Malcon10t
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM
They've never been on Mark Twain's Island.
Do you mean Tom Sawyer Island? The Mark Twain is a boat. If the children are younger, they may want more time there. You might let them set the pace for the day.

Pirate Princess
11-12-2006, 09:27 PM
A few years ago I was given a number to call about several different "birthday bucket" type items. I got the lowest end one.. I think less than ten (I could be wrong since it is has been awhile. The CM on the phone told me several options and ours included a cupcake, a foam puzzle, a button, a morocca and something else, but it didn't come in a bucket.. it came in a bag and had a balloon attached. If they still have something like that the OP might be interested. Can anyone provide any more info?

ETA: Oh wait!!! I found it:http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html
This isn't the original site I got my info from (like I said.. it was years ago) but they do have the party bag I purchased for $5.00 and it was at Goofy's Kitchen. It's amazing what you forget in a few years. Look at the bottom of the page and you'll see it. We didn't have a party but were still able to pre-order the party bag. It was just me and my then 3 year old son at a table and the characters brought it in singing away. Too cute.

Malcon10t
11-12-2006, 09:35 PM
A few years ago I was given a number to call about several different "birthday bucket" type items. I got the lowest end one.. I think less than ten (I could be wrong since it is has been awhile. The CM on the phone told me several options and ours included a cupcake, a foam puzzle, a button, a morocca and something else, but it didn't come in a bucket.. it came in a bag and had a balloon attached. If they still have something like that the OP might be interested. Can anyone provide any more info? You can try here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/moreMagic/specialOccasions/detail?name=BirthdaysDetailPage) for different options. I believe what you are describing is offered at Goofy;s. We did that once, I think it was $5, plus Goofy's meal.

raediance
11-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Do you mean Tom Sawyer Island? The Mark Twain is a boat. If the children are younger, they may want more time there. You might let them set the pace for the day.
Oops, I wasn't sure. =]

raediance
11-18-2006, 12:19 PM
We're going to disneyland next Friday(not tomorrow) for my brother's 10th birthday. Everyone has annual passes, so we'll only need to pay for food and toys and such. Where's the best place to have a birthday lunch? I can only think of Plaza Inn, but I'm sure there's other things.

Also, I've seen people walking around with those "it's my birthday" pins. Where can he get those? Do they have any free goodys for birthday kids?

Thanks,
Alexis
Thank you, everyone, for all of your assistance! The day went very well! We arrived at around 9:00am, and spent a few hours at Disneyland before lunch. The decorations were amazing! =] At MouseAdventure! a few Sundays ago, we already saw the decor at New Orleans Square, and by then I already felt in the Christmas Spirit. We ate lunch at Burger Invasion at CA, spent some time there, then returned to Disneyland for a few more rides, dinner at Pizza Port, and then we marveled at the fireworks display and Snowfall. I felt like I wanted to cry! It was so beautiful, and I was so overwhelmed(in a good way) at the people reaching up for the snow. My friend's little sister was so cute, and we snapped many pictures! It's A Small World was very nice, except I peeked behind a curtain and saw the regular display. =] I had a very bad headache, and Space Mountain shut down for a little bit.

My brother got the pin, and I made sure it was secured so he wouldn't lose it like I lost my MouseAdventure! pin. =[ I'm still kicking myself about that.

Anyway, all your tips were taken into consideration.

Malcon10t
11-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Glad the day went well!