PDA

View Full Version : purchase with purchase holiday fleece blanket offer

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
11-07-2006, 12:16 PM
The Disneyland Resort currently has a purchase with purchase offer where if you spend $70 at participating merchandise locations, you can buy a Reindeer Roundup holiday fleece for $10 plus tax. (And for some reason, even though they're bringing back the Reindeer Roundup to Big Thunder Ranch, they're using the old logo stuff from last year for the Roundup itself rather than using any of the logo stuff from the new merchandise - go figure.)

Here's a picture of the cardboard standee they have up in various stores (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/fleece.jpg). The large picture is what the fleece looks like fully opened. There's a flap on the other side, so you can fold the fleece up and tuck it all into the flap, making a sort of pillow-looking thing - that's the design you see at the bottom right.

It's pretty cute.

backsthepack
11-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I hope they are still doing this when we get there the 17th. Would love to get one. I liked how they did the Pirates watch over the summer this way.

Tinkermommy
11-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to mention something about the blankets (which are awesome; so soft and warm!) - I got one a few weeks ago and liked it so much that I decided to get another when I was down there Christmas shopping last weekend. I spent about $90, which was enough for one blanket, and mentioned to the CM how much my daughter liked the first one I got. He asked if I wanted another one, and I pointed out that I hadn't spent $140. He said it was not a problem, and let me buy two for the $90. That made me very happy! So...if you're short of the requirement, it doesn't hurt to ask for another! I got the feeling they were trying to get rid of them.

Opus1guy
11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
I've been fleeced enough by Disney over the years...thankyouverymuch!

;)

I Heart Disneyland!
11-29-2006, 06:37 PM
I had purchased around $90 worth of stuff on our last day at DL, at various shops. I went to Emporium....receipts in hand....and asked if they would sell me this fleece blanket. They said no. I asked for a manager, she said "no". So, I wandered around til I found a gal who was a lead, who graciously said, "YES". So, I got my $10 blanket, it's adorable, and I went to City Hall to put in a good word for her!

Crazy4DL
11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I had purchased around $90 worth of stuff on our last day at DL, at various shops. I went to Emporium....receipts in hand....and asked if they would sell me this fleece blanket. They said no. I asked for a manager, she said "no". So, I wandered around til I found a gal who was a lead, who graciously said, "YES". So, I got my $10 blanket, it's adorable, and I went to City Hall to put in a good word for her!

I don't get it, Janine. Why did they tell you no at first. Isn't the amount you have to spend $70 and you spent $90. Am I a dim wit? :confused:

Glad you were able to get the blanket though. Sure makes a difference now days who you ask.

PhiSigDuchessCV
11-29-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't get it, Janine. Why did they tell you no at first. Isn't the amount you have to spend $70 and you spent $90. Am I a dim wit? :confused:

Glad you were able to get the blanket though. Sure makes a difference now days who you ask.

I was told you have to spend the $70 all at one time and in a store that has the purchase with purchase offer. That may be why they told her no

Crazy4DL
11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I was told you have to spend the $70 all at one time and in a store that has the purchase with purchase offer. That may be why they told her no

ohhhh, thank you, that makes sense. :)

CleDvy
11-29-2006, 09:28 PM
We were there tonight, and when my girlfriend was buying a sweatshirt at Disney Clothiers on Main Street, the cashier asked if she'd heard about the fleece blanket offer. My girlfriend said she hadn't, and the CM explained the details. My girlfriend said she'd wished she'd known about it, since minutes before we'd spent more than enough money at the Emporium, and the CM said, "Oh, that's all right. Here's your blanket."

My girlfriend offered to dig out our receipts to prove we'd bought enough to qualify, but the cashier said she trusted her. She's very happy with the unexpected blanket.

A very nice thing for the cashier to do...

I Heart Disneyland!
11-29-2006, 09:41 PM

It's because they want you to spend $70 in ONE location and I'd spent $90 throughout the park that day. Some in Frontierland for ornaments, some at Emporium, etc. They didn't want to combine my receipts from various shops at DL that day. BUT...I did find that wonderful CM who did it for me! :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-29-2006, 09:54 PM
It should work with a combined total, not just in one shop. You spent over $70 in the park, it shouldn't matter whicho location you spent it in. I can see them not counting food receipts, but merchandise is merchandise, be it in 1 store or more than 1.
I doubt we will be spending more than $70 on our upcoming trip, but if we do, I will definetly be picking up one of these. Very cute!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-29-2006, 10:01 PM
It's true that in theory it SHOULD work, but, I had 2 CM's (one was a lead) tell me "NO" and I was not a happy camper. I explained that I'd just spent a LOT of money there for nearly 10 days. That I'd bought APs for both of my kids, and we have them too. This gal was so wonderful to give it to me. The others were so rigid and not about to give that blanket to me! ha! I am glad I persisted because it is WAY cute!

samkj
11-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Why don't they ever offer these things when I am there? I can use a few of those!

DisneyDustin22
11-30-2006, 07:10 AM
It's because they want you to spend $70 in ONE location and I'd spent $90 throughout the park that day. Some in Frontierland for ornaments, some at Emporium, etc. They didn't want to combine my receipts from various shops at DL that day. BUT...I did find that wonderful CM who did it for me! :)

For those of you who have seen Lethal Weapon 2, you know how this works. Joe Pesci sums it up best. I'll subsitute the word "get" since this is a family place. :D Just like they GET you at the drive-thru...they GET you with the $70 in one location.

I easily spend over $70 each time I do. Do I do it all in one place? Nope. Luckily you found a good CM who would help you.

cstephens
11-30-2006, 12:01 PM
It should work with a combined total, not just in one shop.

It really depends on how the offer is set up. The terms of the offer are that you have to spend the entire amount in one location. Yes, it was nice that one of the leads agreed to bend the rules, but I don't fault the CMs at all for declining (as long as they did it nicely) to sell the fleece when the terms of the offer had not been met.

It is a carrot to spend that amount of money in one location, to get people to buy more than they might normally. It probably isn't that hard to spend $70 in merchandise throughout the park - they're trying to use the offer of the blanket sale as a way to boost sales.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-30-2006, 12:47 PM
I had actually considered spending $70, just to get the blanket, and then returning it all except the blanket! ha! That would be so much more trouble than them just allowing me to buy the darn thing! If that CM hadn't done it for me, I would have done it too!!! :p :p Seems silly to me that they need to boost sales in a specific store when the same merchandise is throughout the park! Duh!

Bolivar
11-30-2006, 03:39 PM
It is all in the fine print:

*$70 purchase is before tax, after any discount(s) and must be in a single transaction. Guest. Offer may not be combined with any other promotion or previous purchase. Does not apply to phone, mail, or e-mail orders. Offer valid for a limited time only. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate theme park admission may be required. Information subject to change without notice.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlrgwpholidaythrow.html

Park Freak
12-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm going this weekend:D :fez: :D Does anyone know if they still have any of the Reindeer Roundup holiday fleece blankets?
Thanks

biolabetty
12-05-2006, 03:55 PM
I got one yesterday, so yes, they still have them.

Park Freak
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
That was a fast response!! Thanks biolabetty:D
Pam

animalx
12-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Some of the cashiers have them in boxes behind them. Just ask. I'm here for another 4 days. We are working on our 3rd blanket. They have lots :)

hefferdude
12-06-2006, 06:57 AM
I used the $20 AP renewal discount coupon at WOD to help purchase Xmas gifts the day after the Sunday Candlelight. I purchased the fleece blanket as well. My wife missed CLP due to a very bad sinus virus. I brought the blanket AND her dinner back to her to help her feel a bit better. She was tickled. WE thought it was funny how it took both of us a moment to figure out how it was tucked into it's own little pouch.:)

biolabetty
12-06-2006, 07:33 AM
That pouch is a bit confusing, I can't figure out how to get it back in now. ( I have problems with maps too.):confused:

acpalmer
12-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Fold it in thirds on the short end to make a long, skinny blanket, with the opening of the pouch on the outside (that should fall at the bottom of the middle section of your tri-fold). Then fold the blanket down to the opening of the pocket and repeat that once more (I think that is all it takes, make sure you leave the opening of the pocket on the outside) and then you should be able to tuck the folded rectangle in in that pouch.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

biolabetty
12-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey, I got it in there! It's a little lumpy, but it's in, thanks for the directions!