PDA

View Full Version : Cars In DCA?

Wendi
11-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Are Lightning McQueen and Mater still in DCA? If so, are they in a fixed location for photo ops, or do they drive around parade-style? We missed them while we were in WDW last month and I'm really hoping Max will be able to see them in DLR this month.

just beatla33
11-07-2006, 11:39 AM
no

Darkbeer
11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Lighting Mc Queen and Mater still come out for Photo Ops next to Golden Dreams about 4 times a day.

You can find the schedule in the TIMES Guide (inside page).

As I understand it, they no longer do a Pre-Parade before Block Party Bash, just the photo ops.

lisap
11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
They were still there as of last Sunday. They came out several times that day, driving up from the bottom of Paradise Pier and stopping in front of the Golden Dreams theatre for 15 minutes or so, then heading back down. Kids could touch them and get pictures with them.

acpalmer
11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh I hope, I hope, I hope they are still doing this when we are there in two weeks!! My boys would be so excited to meet Lightning and Mater!

DangerMouse
11-07-2006, 12:55 PM
With the release of the DVD today, I would assume they will be in high demand and will be available for photo-ops through the end of the year.

Momtowolf
11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
They were there as of Nov 1st.....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I am hoping this continues through the end of the year. My kids are HUGE fans.

DisneyFanKat
11-10-2006, 10:02 AM
I saw them go by....either when we were there for Mickey's Halloween Treat on 10/30 - or when I was there on Saturday 11/4 - don't remember which time I saw them...but it was from a distance - I hadn't heard that they were there and thought it was cool to see them! I hope they're there again - cuz this (big) kid would like to get a picture with them! :cool:

HILNDKID
11-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Darkbeer,

Stupid question for you - you said to look in the times guide (inside page) .
Where can I find the times guide?
We are going in a week and my 4 year old would love to see Mater!
Thanks!

Darkbeer
11-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Darkbeer,

Stupid question for you - you said to look in the times guide (inside page) .
Where can I find the times guide?
We are going in a week and my 4 year old would love to see Mater!
Thanks!

When you enter the turnstiles of the park, there are two flyers available, a Glossy "Guide to the Magic" (contains the map) which is for either Disneyland or DCA, depending which park you are entering. Also, there is a white paper flyer, this is the TIMES Guide, it is basically 4 pages, 2 pages for each park, so you only need one flyer for both parks. The TIMES guide is usually for part of a week, and the dates are listed at the top of the flyer.

Open to the inside and look for the Lighting McQueen and Mater listing.

HILNDKID
11-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Thank you! I thought there may be somewhere on the internet I could find the times guide. Next week I will pick one up.

Thanks again!