PDA

View Full Version : The Disneyland Christmas Tree is in Town Square

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
11-06-2006, 06:15 PM
While there are still plenty of decorations that still need to be placed along Main Street, early Monday Morning, they placed the Christmas Tree in Town Square...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2102020/2/108556047/Large

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks DB! It looks beautiful as always! I can't wait to see it in person, in less than a month.

Darkbeer
11-06-2006, 06:25 PM
While there are still plenty of decorations that still need to be placed along Main Street, early Monday Morning, they placed the Christmas Tree in Town Square...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2102020/2/108556047/Large

Crazy4DL
11-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Totally cool! Thanks for sharing! :)

Rhiannon8404
11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Hee, hee! I can't wait to see it in person! Less than 2 weeks!

pisces
11-06-2006, 07:17 PM
I toldja so.

Anyone know the date that last year's first appeared.

This is way earlier.

I wonder if it will be lit before the 10th.

Quick, someone measure the width of that tree. It seems thinner than last year's, and the year before that.

I'll have to find my tree pictures from 2004, and see, and also check and see if those are 2004s ornaments. I don't remember the Gingerbread men in 2004, but I could be wrong.

emmah
11-06-2006, 07:22 PM
is that in the same location as last year? at the bottom of main street? it looks different (last year was the only other time I've seen the tree) but it might just be the angle.

Tinkermommy
11-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Darkbeer, what's going on with Libby Lu? My girly girl almost had a heart attack when she saw the pics of it all boarded up...:eek:

Wendi
11-06-2006, 07:38 PM
LOVE IT... can't wait to see it in person!!!

lauras5boys
11-06-2006, 07:42 PM
We were there sat night and my boys were going crazy because they could see the tree from the tram. Now they think Christmas is tomorrow.

tod
11-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Just once, i would like to see them do the Christmas decorations on Main Street as if the individual shopkeepers decorated their stores -- instead of standardized street-wide decorations.

--t

pisces
11-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Just once, i would like to see them do the Christmas decorations on Main Street as if the individual shopkeepers decorated their stores -- instead of standardized street-wide decorations.

--t

Hmmm. I'm thinkin' that could be something. Like, if each shop put its own individual wreath in its window. I like to see wreaths IN windows, not above them.

That would be costly, but would definitely provide a very detailed and unique look.

However, there is a certain continuity and symmetry about decorating the stores as a group.

Whittibo
11-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh, we watched every day as more and more ornaments went up on the tree (watched from the tram) it was fully decorated from what we could see, and I had so hoped it would be up on the 3rd, but it wasn't. :(

I was glad we got to see some Christmas decorations. I love Disney at Christmas. :)

RockDoc07
11-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Tod, I absolutely LOVE your idea of the individual store windows like it's a real main street. In my town, they decorate "Main Street" with lights and a tree and little houses in front of some of the stores. Some of the stores sponsor the little houses that all have different Christmas (and other winter holiday) scenes. But, even if they don't have a little house in front of their shop, all the stores decorate their own windows with some sort of theme. The soccer shop in the town (yes, we have an actual soccer shop that sells nothing but equipment, jerseys, etc) decorates one HUGE window in all red and green soccer apparel and equipment and one HUGE window in blue and white. It's awesome. THe bakery has a Christmas cookie decoration motif in the window and every year has a little dog stuffed animal spinning around with it's head in a pie. The florist puts Poinsettias all over their window and storefornt and it's wonderfully beautiful all throughout the town. Santa's village is in the corner of Carvel because it's the coldest store in the town. It's marvelous. So to recreate something like that on Main Street, USA would be incredibly beautiful.

Ok, I'm done. I just get a little excited spending November preparing for Advent.

Cool Runnings All
Doc

mousemom
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi there! I'm trying to find pictures of the Christmas holiday fireworks from 2004 or 2005. I didn't see any in your smugmug. Do you have any? Thanks for all the great pictures!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
3 days, 3 days! I cannot wait! Thank you Darkbeer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cstephens
11-06-2006, 10:45 PM

They do that in Toontown. Very clever decorations too, I think.

We saw the decorated tree backstage while riding the tram in yesterday. I was surprised it wasn't actually already on Main Street yet.

(really gotta put away Linus and his pumpkin patch and take out the Christmas decorations for my office...oh, and gotta change out the Christmas tree in the Olszewski piece - or do we wait until we actually see the tree on Main Street for ourselves?)

backsthepack
11-07-2006, 04:28 AM
Beautiful as always. We will be there the 17th to see it!

One thing though, I don't remember each of the big balls on the tree having a bow attached last year. Did they? I am trying to find my photos from last year to see if it was a detail I missed or not.

shawnarae
11-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Do all the Disney Parks put their decor up this early? WDW? I don't remember the tree being this early. Very cool :)

evrythngwmn
11-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Do all the Disney Parks put their decor up this early? WDW? I don't remember the tree being this early. Very cool :)

WDW didn't in the past. Last year was the first year it was up at the start of November.

Mommy2NicknMax
11-07-2006, 09:26 AM
We saw it yesterday. It's so pretty!!! I like the colorful tree much better than the gold one last year. We stayed at the park until dark so we could see it all lit up. Sooo pretty!!! I can't wait for the fireworks and parade to start now. :D

Wendi
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi there! I'm trying to find pictures of the Christmas holiday fireworks from 2004 or 2005. I didn't see any in your smugmug. Do you have any? Thanks for all the great pictures!

I have a very limited amount of the holiday fireworks in my album titled "Disneyland 2004" There is really only one where you can see how they blow out the snow, it was hard to capture in the light, and the location we were in for that particular show was right in front of the castle where the snow effect isn't as good as over Main Street USA.

However, if you take a look at my "Bonfante Gardens" Album, you will see exactly what the snow looks like when it is falling. They do the same thing for their Holiday Lights event as Disneyland does for the holidays.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/sfquake@sbcglobal.net/albums

Squeaky
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I was in a trance when I saw it yesterday morning... it wasn't there on sunday, then there it was! I took about a 40 pictures of it... I'll post later. Love it! I haven't been to DL at christmas since I was seven. Amazing.

CharliG
11-07-2006, 09:59 AM
I was there Sunday night and saw it thru the gate on the tram....
I cannot wait to see it!

Bytebear
11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I hate to be a Scrooge McDuck, but I just think it is too early. I really wish they would decorate the whole park in one night, one week before Thanksgiving. I know it's easier to do things gradually and get things up in bits and pieces, but it's too soon, and you lose some of the magic when the park is only half decorated.